5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for boosting low Vitamin D levels
Published on 16 Sep 2012 by Lady Eleanor

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice small capsules
Nice small capsules as things usually get stuck in my throat. Too early to say if I feel any benefit from them. Hope so.
Published 14 months ago by Karispirit

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for boosting low Vitamin D levels, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: Now Foods, Vitamin D-3, Highest Potency, 5,000 IU, 120 Softgels. (Personal Care)
For years I was getting more and more tired and suffering from increasingly aching muscles and joints. Finally I went to my GP who suggested I got my Vitamin D levels checked. It turned out I was 'severely deficient' so I had a 400,000 IU Vitamin D injection, followed up with 5000 IU capsules daily for the next 3 months. After about 8 weeks, I noticed my aches and pains were almost gone, and my tiredness had improved. When I had my next blood test, my Vitamin D levels had increased to the 'high end of optimum' and I felt so much better than I had before.

Once the summer was here, I took the capsules only at weekends to maintain my levels, and I can honestly say I'm really grateful to my doctor for realising what might be the cause, as I had no idea it was linked to my low Vitamin D levels. One thing I noted was that for the first 2 weeks after taking the Vitamin D pills, I had a terrible time sleeping. I'd drop off easily enough, but wake up around 4am really restless and unable to go back to sleep. So I did a bit of research and found out that Vitamin D will highlight Magnesium deficiencies, so I started taking Magnesium Citrate with the Vitamin D, and within a week, my sleep problems were resolved.

If you have aching muscles and joints with low energy levels and tiredness, I'd advise you to have your Vitamin D levels checked. Mine took 3 months from the injection (while taking the 5000 IU capsules) to reach the right level. In these days of rubbish summers and regular use of sunscreen, it's all too easy for Vitamin D levels to get extremely low. I would never have thought that having such a low level would cause my health to suffer so much. Unfortunately, you can't buy this dosage in the shops. Holland & Barrett only sell the 1000 IU tablets, and if your levels are really low, you need a high-dosage pill to increase your levels faster. Give them a go and see how you feel after 3 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper elsewhere but a good source of high dose Vit D from the US, 28 Feb 2013
C. Thomas (Weston super Mare) - See all my reviews
I have been involved in a worldwide study of vitamin D deficiency (via Grassroots Health) for nearly 4 years and as I live 51 degrees North of the equator I get very little D from sunlight even in the summer.

This is a great source of high dose D

Please note this is the superior version of synthetic D (D3 - Cholecalciferol) which in this kind of dosage has to be imported from the US. Its a very good product and vital for healthy bones, skin and an efficient immune system.

Please consult your doctor if you takes lots of other forms of medication as vitamin D is not a vitamin but more akin to a hormonal steroid and therefore can react with other medications.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 Dec 2013
K. DAY (UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought this many times and recommended it to my clients. I have a machine that can test a persons vitamin D levels and this product does correct vitamin D deficiency. Highly recommended because it works, the price is good and delivery had always been quite fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect deal!, 17 Feb 2012
All worked fine! Fast service, good product - so this was a perfect deal!
Vitamin D is very important to human health!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 Feb 2013
This is a great product and does exactly what it says it will. I am very pleased and would recommend highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product !!, 12 Jan 2014
This product is amazing. My partner & I have been taking these for about 3 weeks now and have we have more energy and my shoulder that have had problems with for just over a year now seems to be more free and less painful.
We would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Foods Vit D3 high potency, 15 Jan 2013
Vitamin D3 is a must have for these dark winter months. Great value product, fast delivery. Many thanks would definitely use again. Nice small capsules.

5.0 out of 5 stars vit d3, 30 Dec 2012
I think this product now vit d3 is an excellent buy, I would recomend to anyone, and iwill be purchasing more in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite, 30 Dec 2012
I buy this brand of vitamin D every year to tide me through the winter months when there's very little sunshine about. I find it very effective at staving off colds and flu.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Vitamin D for someone who sunburns easily, 22 Mar 2013
I like Now Vitamin D3 softgels because they contain the most active ingredient I can find in this type of supplement. I'm often stuck indoors working; also my skin burns quickly in the sun, so like many modern humans I probably get insufficient Vitamin D from daylight and processed food. These softgels are easy to swallow and convenient to keep with me in their plastic bottle, at home and while traveling (no refrigeration needed). I could not ask for better service from Amazon UK supplier Healthy Kingdoms! All six items on my order were shipped correctly in one package (as requested) from England to Italy, and delivered early, in good condition.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›