on 27 January 2011
This is the definitive book on wealth creation. In this short book Wattles covers everything, why working collaboratively is better than working competitively, what isn't stopping you from getting wealthy and what you need to do to gain financial riches. No shortcuts, no buzzwords, no 12 step programmes.

Read it and reap.
Ladies and Gentlemen, this book will without any doubt change your life, by changing your mind about the concept of "money". So many of us were brought up with the idea of money as a finite resource, which you had to compete for. This book is desgined to release every preconcieved idea that is holding us all back from wealth.
The basic premise of this book is that becoming wealthy is a science, that once understood, and replicated will create wealth in everyone's life. Wealth is as infinite as the creative mind. Create ideas, take action and abundance will flow.

I have read over 200 books on success and wealth, before I read this book. Nothing I had read upto this point had such an incrediblely profound effect on my wealth, because it changed my misconceptions on what it took to become wealthy. Within ten months of applying these principles and concepts, I had exponentially increased my income to levels that would had been unthinkable 12 months earlier.

I would reccomend that every student of this book, also read, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Money is Easy by Larry Winget, The Einstien Factor Wenger & Poe, Psyco Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz & Born Rich by Bob Proctor. All these books will enhance your understanding of this incredible book.

The ideas and concepts, once studied and applied will transform your mental approach to money. This is a book that will take you a day to read, but a life-time to understand fully. Give it serious study, and I guarantee you success
44 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2010
Anyone not connecting with themselves when trying to manifest wealth is going to find this the business. Try it, see for yourself and then you will know what I mean. Obviously your outlook from the start has to be a positive one, otherwise what is the point. Plenty of expert guidance here.
on 20 August 2001
Considering that this was written in 1927, I do not know why there are not more rich, and 'uncompetitve' people out there. What this book has to say is timless, and so basic, so true, so easy, yet so hard! Based on Universal truths, this book really says it all. Take the challenge and try it!
on 17 September 2015
This thin little book contains a hugely positive message. I wasn't holding out a great deal of hope regarding it's usefulness, especially once I realised it spoke of a bygone age, but I read it in two hours and it has had a major effect on my outlook. I could deconstruct it's tenets into a benevolent moral and ethical code, the removal of guilt over wealth, the practises to implement to meet our potential, but somehow breaking it down loses a lot of the coherence and beauty of the message. It allows me to focus on me and my potential without that feeling of guilt nagging at me, and reminds me that I can do a lot more for others if I actually do this for myself. It is so much more succinct in the book than this review and so I recommend you read it as soon as you can. When I get wealthy, I shall update this review! In the meantime, this little gold nugget contains too many truths for me to be parted from it. 1910, 2015...as relevant now as then.
The Science of Getting Rich is very much a practical manual with ideas deeply rooted in the thought of Descartes, Spinoza, Leibnitz and Emerson, among others. The style is refreshingly direct and lucid as it explains the ancient truths anew. Much emphasis is placed on the emotion of gratitude and the individual's creativity as the channels for creating wealth; in other words, creating abundance without competing against others. Wattles writes with genuine authority and his style is free of embellishment. This is definitely a classic of the genre and ranks with the best works of later authors in the field, like Catherine Ponder, Joseph Murphy, John Randolph Price and Stuart Wilde.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2007
Not as easy to read as "The Secret" but many more times powerful in its message, not only does it argue why you should be rich, but also takes a moral line of how you should become rich - by doing things in a "certain way". The statements that stick in my mind the most are not to be competitive, not to rip others off, and also not to become a self-styled "master". A must read.
on 5 February 2009
No anecdotes, no testimonials, no filler....just page after page of pure wisdom. One of the best self help books I have ever read.
on 23 October 2014
Your total environment is a reflection of you as a person. the house and neighbourhood in which you live. The car you drive, the clothes you were, the job you do, the people with whom you regularly associate. Your total environment is and exact and merciless mirror of you as a human being.If you feel your environment could stand some improvement you have only to improve your attitude and your world will gradually chance to reflect the changing person.

Here's how to change you attitude:
Beginning now begin to act as would the person you most want to become. If you were already in possession of the goal your shooting for how would you conduct yourself and all of your affairs? Do it now and tomorrow and the next day.
Begin now to act the part of the person you most want to become and you'll end by becoming that person. Subtly, in little ways, in the way you dress, in the way you talk, in the unfading courtesy you show to every person with whom you come in contact. Begin to act the part of the person who already achieved that what you're shooting for.

Before you can do something you must first be something. When you behave like the person you most want to become, the things that person would have will tend to come to you. Is simply cause and effect. Build slowly, steadily and well then when you'll make it you'll keep it, you'll stay on top.
on 7 October 2008
I thought this little book was just one of those positive thinking books, get-rich-quick schemes that gave you false information on how to be happy and wealthy. O' how I was wrong! This little book changed my entire life from a bus driver who used to live in London to a wealthy business man now living in N/Hollywood. Growing up as a Christian, I 'always thought' that there was some secret that was removed from the Bible... and finally, this little book shows up on YouTube through a friend, so I decided to buy it from amazon.

Up till this very day I'm shocked at the powers this little book contains! After a few months of reading this little powerful book, my life seemed to be a rocket ship to the moon. It one-day all started at work, in the morning, I noticed a miserable bus driver who does'nt like making friends with anyone. I wanted to make friends with this guy a couple of years ago suddenly asking me with a smile if I would like to drink some coffee or tea from the vending machine in the canteen.

Well, I thought, that's strange! I thought nothing of it and went to do my duty. I found a wallet on the bus which contained nearly £300 and planned giving it in on my trip back to the garage but some guy turned up and identified it was his wallet, thanked me for finding it, and gave me £50 just like that! Then after that I noticed friends at work asking me if I needed something from the shop like a snack or a drink, e.t.c which no one ever did ask before.

This power I was feeling inside me started getting stronger as the days went by. Passengers all of a sudden started looking and saying hello to me with a smile on their faces in a certain way as if I had made their day somehow! I knew God was answering my prayers. And I knew definately that the time is now coming for my life to change. And guess what! Miracle after miracle after miracle was happening to me in my life...everything I seem to want just started showing up around me, everywhere I go, everyone around me just liked me for some reason.

Although it's called a secret behind the secret, I don't think it's a secret because a lot of people know about the secret - "The Law of Attraction", but you'll be surprised the amount of people world-wide that don't know about it. If they did know about this secret and became a student to the laws of the universe then everyone would be well-off as I am.

I don't know what the book will do for you because I believe that everyone carries his own cross, everyone has his own belief and Faith. But if you do buy this book and you become a student of Wallace D. Wattles, read this book every day. Keep it with you, even when you become very rich. Commit it to memory. Do not think about other systems and theories.

This powerful little book is intended for the men and women whose most pressing need is for money - for people who wish to get rich first and philosophize afterward. You MUST be ready to control the ancient secret powers. (within you!) I'll say this: This little book is about 'The Power of Prayer' and personally, I think the secret is thousands of years old. The object of all life is development. It is not possible to live a really complete or successful life unless one is rich.

There is a POWER which never fails to present opportunity to the Advancing Man who is moving in obedience to the Law. God cannot help helping you if you ACT IN A CERTAIN WAY. He must do so in order to help himself.
22 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse