5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing flavour
I gave this product 5 stars because of the flavour of the product. It actually tastes better than some milkshakes out there. It's so easy to mix. Taste so good with milk but also tastes really nice with water.

I take this before bed and it seems to work.

Published 14 months ago by Mostafa Miah

3.0 out of 5 stars Bork
Published 9 days ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing flavour, 17 July 2013

I take this before bed and it seems to work.

Shout out to the delivery team on this. I got it on the cheap for about £32 for a big tub. I also got it delivered to my house a couple of days before it was supposed to. Top marks for everything!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing value and taste!, 24 April 2013
Cant beat the price and the taste is great mixed with milk or water,definitely a must for a late night shake

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Casein protein I've had, 12 Dec 2013
This is one of the best Casein protein I've ever had.
Mixes excellent despite being thicker than whey and the taste is amazing I was actually looking forward to have it a night time
Not the cheapest but its money well spend

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 3 Aug 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling casein protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Ingredients and Nutritional Profile:
Refer to product image and description.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop of powder into 350ml of water and mixed it with a spoon I found it to be very thick and creamy, a bit like yogurt. I found that it did not taste as nice as I expected. It tasted slightly artificial. However I found that I got to like the taste a lot more as time went by and I did not get sick of it by the end like I did with many other protein powders. If you want to enhance the taste of this product then I recommend having it with semi skimmed milk or full fat milk.

Note: This type of protein (casein) is a lot different from other powders in that it is meant to be very thick. It is a slow release protein that is designed to be taken between meals and before going to bed.

Mixing:
I found that the product mixes really well in water, milk, porridge and smoothies. I have not come across a casein product that mixes any better. It's mixed better in a pint glass than a shaker.

Results:
After taking the product for 2 months, twice a day (between meals and pre bedtime) whilst weight training 4 times a week and doing cardio 3 times a week I found that my strength and muscle growth had improvement, I had more energy and I was getting more toned. It was mostly evident around my arms and chest where my T-Shirt got tighter. I could lift 5-10% more and I felt a lot stronger even when I wasn't in the gym. It is now the only Casein Protein powder that I am willing to use. I also took 1 scoop of the Gold Standard 100% Whey Pre and Post workout and for breakfast.

Flavours:
Although all the different flavours taste the same in terms of standard, I found that the cake batter, chocolate, chocolate supreme, cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter goes better on its own, mixed with milk or in porridge. The Strawberry, Banana and Creamy Vanilla tastes better either on its own, with milk or in smoothies. All the flavours taste reasonably nice but they will never win any awards for best tasting protein shakes.

Other Casein Products:
Although there are other Casein protein powders out there that taste better, I do not believe that any can match this for results vs price and it's easy to see why the product is so popular with Body Builders and Athletes. The product can also be used by anyone that does not do exercise (male or female) but want to increase their protein intake.

Negatives:
Apart from the thickness, the only negative that I could identify was that the product contains Sucralose which is not the healthiest sweetener around, however you will find that most protein powders have this type of sweetener in them.

Verdict:
Highly Recommended

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link at the bottom of this review.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and light before bed, 25 Aug 2013
I use it before bed to keep the hunger away during the night, the flavours aren't the best so far though, I have tried chocolate and banana both drinkable but not as nice as the whey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must for night time regeneration, 11 Sep 2014
I bought Casein because my friend who is a bodybuilder for over 4 years recommended it to me. Now I'll make it short and just write about pros and cons of this product:

Pros:
-Flavor absolutely brilliant
-It actually works
-If you don't have the time to cook or buy food at specific time you can use it instead(for example if you have long day at work)
-PERFECT for night time regeneration
-Much better than whey

Cons:
-First one isn't obviously a negative but casein breaks down at MUCH SLOWER rate than whey but this is how it works
-Might be bad for kidneys if you don't detox (lemon juice squeezed from lemons every morning is enough)
-Iw ill make you fat If you'll use it too much.

I used it before bed time (2 scoops on 700ml blender bottle) and that's all what I needed but In worst case scenario It can replace breakfast. In overall it's a great product and I worked well for me just be careful with dosage.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bork, 8 Sep 2014
Tastes awful, has the texture of sand...well, maybe not as bad as sand, but put it this way, it tastes so bad it makes you want to 'down it' but it's texture is so sandy that it makes it difficult to 'down'. I can't comment on the quality of the protein because I don't have adequate medical equipment or a pHD in the nutritional biologies and such. But, I choose to believe that it slowly releases energy to my body whilst I sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 14 Sep 2014
Great protein shake that mixes really well even if you are just whisking with a fork. It doesn't upset my stomach like some whey products and it fills you up for an evening. What tastes good is hugely subjective but in my opinion the chocolate and the vanilla are both very palatable and I have now become a repeat customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, 15 July 2014