Flavour: Chocolate Supreme|Size: 908g|Change

on 6 June 2015
Reported this item for being fake... I ordered the real thing from Optimum Nutritions website to compare them, and they're quite different. The main thing at worried me was the fact there was no inner seal to keep the product fresh...

In the photos the one on the right is from the Optimum Nutrition website. It has a golden hologram on the neck, an inner seal, and the labels are much more detailed and clearer by comparison
review image review image review image review image
22 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 October 2015
Arrived on time. Well packaged with a scoop inside.

I thought I would update both my reviews for this product and the Optimum Nutrition gold standard 100% whey protein powders. To begin with I've tried a few different flavours and must admit they all taste quite good with water. Now many of you will be buying this product to help build muscle and tone up. First of all you might be asking yourself when do I take it? How much do I take? The answer to how much is dependant on your own personal workout regime and metabolic rate. If you have a intense workout regime and a high metabolic rate, then I would recommend that you could possibly take up to 4 servings in a day. The basic rule is 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight so someone weighing 180lbs would be taking 180 grams a day. This does not mean you should get all your protein intake from the protein powders, remember these are supplements to your diets not replacements to your dietary intake of protein. Some of you may need more or less than the 1 gram per pound, again depending on what your goals are. One easy way to know if you are overdoing your protein intake is if your pee suddenly smells VERY strongly of ammonia this could be a indicator that your body is flushing excess protein from your body, remember pee will normal smell slightly of ammonia only if the smell is stronger than usual after a increase in your protein intake can you attribute it to your body flushing the excess protein. So adjust your intake accordingly, my own intake is 3 servings on none training days and 4 servings on training days.

As to the when? I can only give you my own example this may or may not work for you. I start my day with a Whey protein an hour before my morning workout, then breakfast after my workout. This allows the protein to absorb into your system so that after your workout the protein is already in your system ready to be used, whey protein can take between an hour to two hours to enter your system. Then a hour before lunch I'll have another whey protein. Then one hour before my evening workout I'll have another whey protein, then my evening meal after my workout. Then a hour before bed I'll have my casein protein. This is because casein is slow releasing so I know that while I sleep my body will have a constant source of protein. The key is to have a level amount of protein in your system throughout the day and night.

You should only take whey with water because it will enter your system faster, taking it with milk will slow this process, however casein can be taken with milk as it is already a slow releasing protein.

I could go further into depth on the types of foods you should be eating depending on what you wish to achieve and training regime to achieve realistic goals but I won't bore you anymore than I need to, If you do have any questions feel free to contact me and I will help you as much as I can.
on 24 August 2015
Being someone who is a regular gym attendee and very health and fitness conscious I am regularly purchasing Whey protein to make sure i am meeting my protein goals.

Why I bought Casein?...
This is the first time I purchased casein protein. I was starting to fast and I thought it would be more effective for me to take Casein Protein rather than whey as my workouts would be much later during a 19 hour fast.
Casein in made to be a slow digesting protein which would allow me to stay full and work throughout the night and morning.

How was it?

When having protein shakes I try them in so many different ways so that I can find the perfect flavour.
I treat my protein shakes as treats which are beneficial to me.It is a good way to cover for a craving. I normally get my protein intake with whole foods which is the best way and is recommended.

So my first ever taste and opinion of the Casein vanilla powder was that it tasted artificial it had the horrible after taste some protein powders have. This was with both water and milk.
It really did not feel like a treat at the beginning. As time went on I tried it with peanut butter, strawberries and it got better. But peanut butter is not the best options when tracking macros.

After roughly a month of having it I came to conclusion is was best flavoured with either almond milk or hazlenut milk which are both great for macros and good milk alternatives with less sugar. Also adding a couple of strawberries can definitely improve it. But with casein it seemed as though it is a flavour that you need to get used to. So don't be put off after your first taste.

This was also tested by my sister, so from a female [perspective I was told that it tasted good and was not bad at all.

Benefits?

Casein definitely was beneficial during my fasts. It was very filling for starters. It kept me going throughout the day with a good amount of energy to work and workout.
It is a perfect way to stay full before going to sleep preventing you from eating any late night snacks.

Could be better?

Well, I personally did not see it give me too much strength gains. I did not see any muscular advances but I didn't expect it to.

Would I buy it again?

I would probably stick to whey protein for now. It works better for me and tastes better.
Casein in my opinion is only for certain occasion or for specific times to have, Not a pre workout or after workout supplement.
on 9 January 2016
I read that Casein was the way to go, so I've been drinking this stuff just before bed for about a week now, when I first opened the tub, it had a very strong smell, overpowering, almost like cappuccino, which I can't stand! so I was a bit worried, thinking I've wasted my money here, I followed the instructions, I made it up in my shaker & was pleasantly surprised when drinking it, it certainly tasted like chocolate, in fact it was delicious, it was thick n creamy (I use unsweetened soya milk) I'd like to add, I am a chocolate bar lover, but not really keen on Chocolate Milkshakes, but this stuff is delicious, I now do not crave my night time bar of chocolate, because I now know at bedtime I'm going to be having a delicious creamy Chocolate milkshake, in fact I actually really look forward to this drink at night.

Nutrition facts

on 26 April 2016
100% real deal!
1) proper sealed
2) holographic sticker on the lid
Most of the negative feedbacks are from people who trying to cheat seller and get items with "big discount" or even for free, simply buying fake somewhere else or making "damage", than taking picture and start begging for refund or extra item for free!
review image review image review image
on 8 May 2015
Doesn't mix well and the taste is awful. Wouldn't buy again
on 11 December 2015
Very nice flavour when mixed with milk, Greek yogurt or water. Ever so sweet, keeps me full as a mid morning/afternoon snack throughout the day and a nice treat to round off the days nutrition before bed. Just a shame I couldn't get it in the bigger container.
on 22 January 2016
The guy who reported this as fake is completely wrong this is a genuine product.

Best over night protein available.
review image
on 20 June 2013
My first attempt to make a protein shake with this Casein powder wasn't very successful, as it doesn't dissolve as well as whey protein, even with a shaker (I found that mixing it first in a bowl/glass with a small amount of liquid then adding more liquid is easier to dissolve it properly.
I actually took advantage of the thick-high absorbing properties to use it to make protein pudding, with the following proportions: 20g of casein powder, 70ml of unsweetened almond milk (or other milk), 50g of fat-free yogurt, 3g of unsweetened cocoa powder, 5g of peanut butter, mix well and chill in the fridge for 30min at least, it will get smoother and thicken even more resulting in a delicious chocolate peanut butter mousse/pudding. It tastes like an indulgent dessert for only150kcal : 21g protein, 6g carbs of which 3g of sugar, 4g of fat (good unsaturated fat from the peanut butter). Being low in sugar, it's healthier than most desserts and it has also replaced my usual chocolate fix!
I agree with another customer on a kind of "cappuccino"-like smell of the dry powder, but once dissolved the chocolate taste is nice. I have also tried the vanilla as a sample, which tastes like vanilla ice cream. Both are properly sweetened for most people taste I think, however I have cut my sugar consumption for the past two months and being more sensitive to any sweetness, I now find it a bit too sweet to my taste, but I will keep buying it anyway.
on 17 July 2013
I gave this product 5 stars because of the flavour of the product. It actually tastes better than some milkshakes out there. It's so easy to mix. Taste so good with milk but also tastes really nice with water.

I take this before bed and it seems to work.

Shout out to the delivery team on this. I got it on the cheap for about £32 for a big tub. I also got it delivered to my house a couple of days before it was supposed to. Top marks for everything!