5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Casein Powder
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling casein protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop of powder into 350ml of water and mixed it with a spoon...
Published 9 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Horrible aftertaste
I have been using this as a night time shake for the past three months. Am happy with it protein-wise but not so happy with texture and aftertaste.

I use it with a shaker bottle and you need around 300mls for one scoop. More powder requires more water which can cause stomach distension and problems with gas. I hate the burps I get as an aftertaste...
Published 17 months ago by omens

‹ Previous | 15 6 715 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite product, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder Drink Mix Creamy Vanilla 1.82 kg (Personal Care)
The powder is fantastic. Creatine does not agree with me at all so I have upped my protein intake drastically and this product gives me exactly what i need. When you are lifting to get big and ripped anyone in the know will tell you that periods of fasting are absolutely the worst thing you can do and when do you fast for longer than when you are asleep? When taken before bed with water this product increased my raw strength and lean size drastically, not to the same extent as cycling creatine but as i've said, there are serious side effects to use of creatine if you are sensitive. If i was asked to quantify i would say that this improved my results by at least 20% and don't be put off by the price! There is no substitute for milk proteins and a combination of casein in the morning and evening and whey pre and post workout is the best you can give your muscles. You'd have to eat a tin of tuna to get the same amount of protein as you do in a serving of this and its massively inferior protein at that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, if a little difficult to mix., 26 Nov. 2014
Douglas (WORTHING, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This casein was purchased because I wanted a slow release protein that I could use after an evening workout. I am familiar with other products in the Gold Standard range, so for me this choice was a natural one.

The taste is good, without tasting overly artificial like some other proteins. Like most supplements it does take a little getting used to the taste and consistency, however I would now rank the Chocolate flavour as my favourite.

The only criticism I have (hence the 4 stars) is that it does not mix as easily as whey protein. I'm not sure if this is true of all casein products or just this flavour. With that said, it does mix 100% in the end, it just need a bit more shaking than normal and also ends up being a thicker consistency than others, meaning more water also needs to be added. Not really a downside, just something to note. This has a small knock-on effect of cleaning being a little harder to.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best selller and price, 7 Jun. 2014
this protein is great .. the taste is unique ... order on time, everything was as it should and was told

5.0 out of 5 stars Big pot!, 27 May 2014
Very happy with the product. Got it in the right time as described. No issues and no problems. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars casein, 15 Dec. 2013
Mint love this stuff. good price good product would deffo buy again. have it in a morning and at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Mar. 2015
Optimum Nutrition is the best brand out there... Taste is sensational considering the carb content

5.0 out of 5 stars to say thank you, 5 Oct. 2013
i love this product.so good tast, so creamy.fast sevices.i ordered weekend,i got on tuesday.thank you so much,going to buy a
aother one soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never bothered with anything else :), 10 April 2014
Great packaging, great results from the product! The taste is wonderful in this, the vanilla tastes like vanilla but kind of punchy and thick which brings out that flavour even more and I love that. On a muscle building point of view, this is a great product, every night I have it, I wake up the next day in a lot less pain or no pain at all. The vitamins and minerals in it are a great addition and the macro-nutrients from it including the caloric value are just perfect for me. Although I get a little bloated when I have it, I'm completely back to my normal stomach in the morning so no issues there as I can't tell when I'm sleeping. This is definitely must have product and especially this flavour over the rest. I've tried the other flavours and few other brands and till now this has been the best overall for price and results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2014
Great flavour just a little bit gritty. Am impressed with the quality of all gold standard tho.

4.0 out of 5 stars but the mix ability and taste is not that good comparing with other ON, 22 July 2014
Does its job, but the mix ability and taste is not that good comparing with other ON products

‹ Previous | 15 6 715 | Next ›