5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Casein Powder
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because not only was it the number #1 selling casein protein powder on Amazon but I had heard a lot of good things about the product. I wanted to see for myself if it lived up to all the hype.

Taste:
When I first tried the product by adding 1 scoop of powder into 350ml of water and mixed it with a spoon...
Published 8 months ago by PPS076

3.0 out of 5 stars Horrible aftertaste
I have been using this as a night time shake for the past three months. Am happy with it protein-wise but not so happy with texture and aftertaste.

I use it with a shaker bottle and you need around 300mls for one scoop. More powder requires more water which can cause stomach distension and problems with gas. I hate the burps I get as an aftertaste...
Published 16 months ago by omens

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 14 Sept. 2014
Great protein shake that mixes really well even if you are just whisking with a fork. It doesn't upset my stomach like some whey products and it fills you up for an evening. What tastes good is hugely subjective but in my opinion the chocolate and the vanilla are both very palatable and I have now become a repeat customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far..., 23 Mar. 2012
Well, not much I can really say, been drinking the stuff for a couple weeks now. It is just a supplement, and of course all I can do is trust that it contains what it says it does.

In terms of taste, its good, but personally I get sick of the tastes of these things, so I try and disguise them as much as possible. The first time I tried it on its own with milk I thought it tasted brilliant, the second time it was just a bit too sweet (sort of fake sweet) and by half way through the week I was trying to disguise it (my personal tastes). It is by far the best tasting powder I have had. It mixes pretty well. No lumps with a shaker bottle. It mixes well with milk, orange juice and chocolate milk, I haven't dared try it with water.

I would give it 5/5 except I have a rather unfortunate reaction to the powder. Put it this way, leave your windows open if you're like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bedtime., 30 Mar. 2013
I use this protein just before I go to bed as it is a slow release protein. Great for when you are sleeping and not getting any food. The taste is good, but I only drink mine with milk. Have tried with water and still not bad. Great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not mix well, 14 Feb. 2015
Does not mix well with milk. There are little bits even when blended and makes it hard to drink. I have ordered whey protein from this company that I am very happy with, I just don't understand what is wrong with this casein product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good protein weird taste, 22 April 2014
The banana doesnt taste that great, it's far too sweet. When mixed in a glass of water it's super thick or a mug for that matter. I say a mantra of vanill vanilla vanilla when I drink this, it makes it more tolerable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have read the labels before purchase, 21 Oct. 2014
I previously mentioned that stuff is very sweet (which is usually an devise to mask something), far too sweet for my taste, having looked at the ingredients I now find it contains Sucralose as well as Acesulfame potassium used as sweetening agents, both of these ingredient as well as being unnecessary are potentially carcinogenic.

For this reason alone I will not buy it again, Sucralose and acesulfame potassium is not properly researched & potentially nasty stuff indeed, do the research yourself on health effects of these two ingredients. Why they have to put that stuff in I don't understand; as I say it's already far too sweet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addiction, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder Drink Mix Chocolate Supreme 1.82kg (Personal Care)
Don't need to say anymore than it amazing. Taste unreal can have it with yogurt, milk, pancakes you name it perfect for a bed time treat. So much so my girlfriend is now addicted to the stuff haha great product

4.0 out of 5 stars would recommend, 21 Nov. 2014
I use this product in the evening before bed as casein is a slow releasing protein and helps build / repair muscles when asleep. Taste is ok and mixture is good. Overall good product by optimum nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, 25 Nov. 2013
Great bedtime shake. I drink it with 300ml of semi-skimmed milk and a dash of water and rather than just putting up with it it's actually quite nice and the quality of the ingredients is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars ** Highly recommended **, 1 July 2014
Slow release protein which tastes amazing, this blend is so easy to mix with any liquid. Top quility at a great price. I've had the vanilla and the banana flavours and they both taste amazing.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›