JLS

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Album!
First thing i want to say is that when you read the reviews with only 1 star that are saying this album is terrible, the 1st thing that jumped out at me is the fact that they all seem to be from men, and judging by what they have written, they haven't even listened to the album so how they can review it is beyond me!!! Jealous are we boys!?!

I have been a fan...
Published on 7 Jan. 2010 by SallyB

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing...but there are a few gems!
On a first listen you would be forgiven for writing the debut album from JLS off as a bunch of songs rejected from the latest BSB album, but give it a chance....there are a few gems!

'Beat Again' needs no introduction as it was a massive hit in the charts! 6/10

'Everybody In Love' again needs no reviewing whatsoever. Definitely a fave of mine...
Published on 7 Nov. 2009 by Addicted to boxsets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Album!, 7 Jan. 2010
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)

I have been a fan of JLS since they were on the x factor, and i fell in love not only with their singing, but with them. They are 4 boys who created the group themselves and have strived hard for the well earned succes they have had.
All i'm saying is that if you don't like their style of music do the easy thing and just not listen to it instead of insulting 4 lovely lads that deserve every bit off success they have.

The album is a great follow up to Beat Again, and Everybody in love as it shows a range of different styles, tempos and beats.
Unlike on the X Factor, the album allows each of the boys to showcase their vocals, and it sounds great!

As with every new album, the more you listen to it the more you fall in love with the songs. My favourites are One Shot and Close to You, however there is not 1 track that i skip past.

I would definatley recommend this album, not only to JLS fans but to anyone who likes people such as Chris Brown, Usher, Ne-yo, Westlife, Boys II men, Mario and Jason Derulo.

There is a song on here for everybody which is no mean feat considering the boys wrote 11 out of 13 of the tracks themselves.

Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 13 Aug. 2010
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
This was a great bargain with a good mix of new and well-known material which I have enjoyed listening to. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first Album..., 15 May 2010
M. Spruce (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
I initially bought this for my son as he is a massive JLS fan, but I must say that I really think its a great first Album and I really like this CD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Addicted to a few very good songs!!! 13 not enough, 18 Nov. 2009
Ms. Saba Haq - See all my reviews
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
I was first sceptical on listening to this album, after reading the reviews on here. Fans rating it 5 out of 5 before it even came out, and others rating it 1 just because they dislike boy-bands/pop music/x factor etc... I did like them on X factor last year, I thought Aston's voice was amazing. When Beat Again was released, I was instantly hooked with the catchy upbeats and ohh woahs. Everybody In Love was definately a great follow-up that makes you sing along with them everytime you hear it.

Now the album, when I first listened to it, there were a couple of songs that immediately stood out and I thought were excellent: Heal this Heartbreak, Dont Go and Kickstart. But I felt disappointed as 13 songs (well 11 new songs)were just not enough for me, lol. I then continued to listen to this album everyday in my car, and now I must say, that almost all the tracks on the album are amazing! I am hooked! Their vocals are really good. I love how they can vary the way they sing. I find myself dancing to the songs in my car and getting strange looks from others.

My ultimate fav on the album is "Dont Go". My other favs are: "Keep You" and "Only Tonight". Being someone who is addicted to ballads, I find this album has changed me, and I much prefer JLS's uptempo tracks with catchy beats, than their ballads. The best ballad from the lot for me would be "Crazy for You", which I think is their third single release. I wish it wasn't though. The only song I dislike is "Tightrope", I just find it boring lol.

Overall I give this 4 out of 5, as it has a few very very good songs that are worth a listen, and worth being singles in my opinion. My only disappointment is that I wish there were more songs on the album. I did not know they had written 9 out of the 13 songs,could someone let me know which songs they wrote? Well done JLS! A great start to music! Thanks. x

5.0 out of 5 stars A great first album, 7 Mar. 2010
S. Geraghty (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
This has to be one of the best albums that I have heard in a while. There's not one song on this album that I dislike and my favourites have to be private, don't go and one shot which are a bit more upbeat then the more slower songs that I love are tightrope and only tonight. JLS seem to be going from strength to strength and if they can continue to produce music like this, I can't wait for their next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!, 12 April 2011
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
I love this album, have played it over and over again and never tire of it. JLS have such excellent voices that blend together beautifully, they are very talented. It is so refreshing in this day and age to be able to clearly hear all the lyrics that are being sung, and for them to have meaning/tell a story. I can't get enough of this band I hope they will continue to make music for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an album!, 13 Nov. 2009
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
JLS just seem to be going from strength to strength! Not only have they cowritten more than half of the songs, but they have achieved 2 number 1s, 2 MOBOs, an outstanding artist award from BBC Switch Live and not to mention thousands of fans across the UK. They are set to become the next big thing and though many might be quick to write them off as just another manufactured act from a reality show, they would be wrong to do so and would do good to buy JLS: Our Story So Far to learn the truths behind the band's formation. Hope they beat Robbie Williams in the race to #1 album this Sunday. The hard work is paying off boys! Definitely a band to keep a watchful eye on. If they get catapulted into the US, I have no doubt that they could share the success of 2006's winner and world renowned diva, Leona Lewis.

JLS: Our Story So Far

5.0 out of 5 stars JLS, 5 Mar. 2010
S. Howell "Nika" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
I loved JLS on the x factor and love them even more even thought hey did not win & i am so happy they didn't win because it just shows you don't have to win to be successful.
This is a good album with party tunes, love songs & chilling music.

5.0 out of 5 stars My brother loves it, 4 Jun. 2011
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
I bought this for my little brothers birthday and was surprised by how quickly it was dispatched and how quickly it arrived. All in all, very happy. In terms of the music, I can't say I'm a fan, myself, but my little brother loves this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 April 2010
This review is from: JLS (Audio CD)
Love this album! There isn't one song I dont like, which is unusual on an album when there is usually 1 or 2 that arent as good as the rest. I am over 40, and think JLS are brill. Keep up the good work lads!.

JLS
JLS by JLS (Audio CD - 2009)