4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Boxset! ORIGINAL RELEASE
Due to some confusion I am amending my original review. This review is for the ORIGINAL RELEASE of this boxset. There IS a 4-disc boxset that is far cheaper. If you want the version I'm reviewing you will pay more. Sorry for the confusion caused by Amazon's incredibly silly idea to lump all reviews together!

I've already tried to review this once but for some...
Published on 21 Oct. 2009 by Pantheon

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor
When I received had a slash mark on the front cover and also the inside were broken so it doesn't actually hold the discs. Disappointed x
Published on 1 Jan. 2013 by Jenna Bentley

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent franchise, 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
When I bought this as a gift I confess i had not seen all the films here..(luckily the person i was buying it for had and was a fan)..after a whil I sat down for an X-Men evening with the recipient of the gift. I was prepared to be disappointed. I was not..I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Not all films, in my opinion, are of the same quality but this just means some drop down to a level of very good indeed. The series also holds together as a complete body of work, something often lacking. If your a fan buy it...if not i suggest that, if you have any liking for scifi /action type of films, you try this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmen Quadrilogy, 31 Jan. 2010
K. Robins "Skell" (Washington, UK) - See all my reviews
Well impressed with this product, well worth the money and really enjoyed watching them from the beginning to end from the first to the last one, wolverine is brilliant film and i say one of the best as it lives up to the previews that i have seen for this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a BARGAIN !, 28 Aug. 2011
Cant understand how anyone could grumble about this Box Set as it's a bargain for all four movies , thought the Alien Anthology Box Set was well priced but this is to cheap to miss out on !

These are not my favourite movies by a long shot and don't think I would have bothered or it even to have crossed my mind to have upgraded these from DVD to Blu-ray if it wasn't for the price , but certainly wouldn't buy them if I really didn't think the films were ok. Unlike some reviewers who seemed to have had a gun pointed at their heads and forced them to purchase a film they really hate and despise , then moan endlessly about it !
Unless they didn't buy them and make out that they did just so they can complain to a larger audience.

Picture and sound are excellent. Loads of features with two discs per film , except for Wolverine Origins , which is probably my only gripe about this Box Set as it really does seem to have been a last minute after thought to include it , with its thin reedy cover compared to the other three standard cases , and only has the one disc , but hey !
For £14 I feel as though I've bought the bargain of the century and not going to moan to have replaced them , which back in the day would have cost nearly that per film on DVD...And probably more on VHS !

5.0 out of 5 stars Guilty pleasure satisfied, 17 April 2012
After seeing X-Men on the TV a few months ago I was curious to see the other films in the series. I am far too old for super-hero films at 35 but this I loved. I got four films, of varying standard but all mindless yet enjoyable viewing, for less than £8.00 - bargain - granted there are no deleted scenes, extras or those annoying "the making of...." documentaries. It did exactly what it said on the tin.
And lets face it spending a couple of hours watching Hugh Jackman is no hardship!
If you want the films and nothing else for a great price then this is the product for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars get that, 12 Mar. 2011
Top blu-ray quality, a pleasure to watch. Full good action, makes you want it watch it again and again, excepting only for some persons similar to my wife though :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movies, great price, 1 July 2012
I bought the 4-pack about a month ago. They do indeed play on US players and I had no problem with them. The only way you'd know the difference is they're rated 12+ with the UK logo instead of PG-13. Shipping takes a couple weeks, but that's what it costs to get them cheap.

I don't bother with special features so I can't comment on them but the movies are top notch. You can definitely tell the difference on a 1080p TV between the blu-ray and the DVD versions. Would be nice to have First Class but I guess that's too new to bundle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Combined space on my Media shelf ., 26 Feb. 2012
I have been an X-Man fan since I got my little hands on a stack of early 1960's era X-Men comics , and grew up reading them and all the truly great comics that came out of that era . When they made the first X-Men movie , I was a bit skeptical , but thoroughly impressed by the film , and each movie afterwards has been a thrill . That the movies have been brought together in one case and easily accessible is a fantastic move and I am hoping that many more movies will be brought together as the have these .

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 1 Jan. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Xcellent Boxset - But beware of description, 3 Nov. 2011
Firstly I'll just say this is a fantastic boxset. One of the greatest super hero franchises ever made, with the best outing being X2.

However I have discovered that the boxset is in fact 4 Disks not 7 as other reviewers have stated. This is due to a mistake as amazon offers two types of boxsets, 7 & 4 disk sets which I believe has caused some reviewers to inform amazon otherwise.

Don't be put off however, £15 for 4 X men films is still a great price and well worth a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie Action., 17 April 2012
I had never seen any of the X-Men series so I thought I'd take a plunge at the box set. I thoroughly enjoyed Parts one and two but found "The last stand" to be a bit predictable although enjoyable.

The best film by far is Wolverine. It has the grittier, darker side to it which all original Marvel comics had.
Its a great way to veg out the weekend but don't be surprised if you find yourself down the gym the following week to get a body like Wolverines!

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›