4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Boxset! ORIGINAL RELEASE
Due to some confusion I am amending my original review. This review is for the ORIGINAL RELEASE of this boxset. There IS a 4-disc boxset that is far cheaper. If you want the version I'm reviewing you will pay more. Sorry for the confusion caused by Amazon's incredibly silly idea to lump all reviews together!

I've already tried to review this once but for some...
Published on 21 Oct. 2009 by Pantheon

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor
When I received had a slash mark on the front cover and also the inside were broken so it doesn't actually hold the discs. Disappointed x
Published on 1 Jan. 2013 by Jenna Bentley

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Boxset! ORIGINAL RELEASE, 21 Oct. 2009
Pantheon (Boston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

I've already tried to review this once but for some reason it never got through....so....to the Amazon screeners: I bought this item from Amazon. I have it in my hot little hands! Everything below is the truth!!! (I know, 'cos I can see it with my own eyes!!)

Ok...
This boxset contains the following:
X-Men - this is the 2 Disc version with all extras from the Trilogy edition.
X-Men 2 - see above
X-Men: The Last Stand - see above
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - this is a single-disc edition (no digital copy etc) but has all the extras from the separate release.

The discs are in HD-Slim cases, Wolverine is in a very-slim-case! The outer case in simply a cardboard slip-cover.

So, all-in-all there are SEVEN discs in this set and NOT, NOT, NOT the 4 discs that Amazon state.

Amazon...maybe if you got your information correct more people would review/buy your products!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 4 Jun. 2011
G. O'Neill (Qatar) - See all my reviews
I have watched all 4 blu rays and I felt a need to review.

X-Men - well written, acted - above average comic transfer - great picture quality - ok soundtrack
X-Men 2 - for me the best of the lot - sharp picture - impressive soundtrack with great rear speaker action
Last Stand - ok film - good picture and soundtrack - I was entertained
Wolverine - by far the weakest film in the pack - my blu ray had terrible grain in quite a lot of scenes - basic stereo soundtrack dressed in DTS-HD overcoat

I felt Wolverine had the makings of a great flick. It started well and then drowned in its own cgi mire. Hugh Jackman has a permanent grimace - jaw-jutting must be a sport somewhere with Jackman is its current world champion. I can just hear the conversation where Jackman - the film's producer - laid down the chemical formula of a money-making film - lots of kiddy violence (no blood or actual suffering) , lots of super-power stuff, lots of opportunity to show the benefit of Jackman having spent a year in the gym - one big-love-killed-by-baddy-then-avenged sub plot - Wolverine must cry ...... He was the producer so Jackman's motivation was to appeal to every demographic he could - the writers had the job of creating something which appealed to the demographics and somehow make the cgi set pieces link together in some way. That is business I suppose.

At this price I cant complain. Well , not complain, just moan a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quadrilogy the value, 1 Dec. 2009
RDS (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I am writing this review with respect to the value of the purchase and not as to the merit of the films. To be honest if you are looking to nibble your way into a new franchise and have never experienced an X-men movie then the best advice would be to rent the first in the series as a taster. If you find that you enjoy the X-men franchise and are in the market for the DVDs then this represents the best value box set. Notably don't be disappointed when a fifth film is released next year (origin of magneto) and the quadrilogy becomes a 'quintology', 'pentology' or, more likely a '5 DVD box set'.

Best value for all the films together.

5.0 out of 5 stars get that, 12 Mar. 2011
Top blu-ray quality, a pleasure to watch. Full good action, makes you want it watch it again and again, excepting only for some persons similar to my wife though :)

5.0 out of 5 stars X Men Quadrilogy, 30 Jan. 2011
If U love all this stuff get on and get it as I think it's a must for all U science fiction Buffs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 Nov. 2010
I've enjoy very much this box set, nice four movies at a nice price :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Release...., 7 Nov. 2010
4 movies for 16 odd pounds is very good indeed and especially when the PQ and AQ is really good.
Good deal...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent films, boxset isnt so excellent, 7 Jan. 2010
Philip Brady "falcon-edge" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
the films are fantastic and even better in HD but it feels like they just added origins into the boxset as an after thought, given the case is smaller than the rest, and that the menu is different layout to the first 3 films. but the films are worth it, just feel they should have spent a little more time paying attention to detail in designing the boxset and the film setup

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent franchise, 21 Sept. 2013
When I bought this as a gift I confess i had not seen all the films here..(luckily the person i was buying it for had and was a fan)..after a whil I sat down for an X-Men evening with the recipient of the gift. I was prepared to be disappointed. I was not..I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Not all films, in my opinion, are of the same quality but this just means some drop down to a level of very good indeed. The series also holds together as a complete body of work, something often lacking. If your a fan buy it...if not i suggest that, if you have any liking for scifi /action type of films, you try this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmen Quadrilogy, 31 Jan. 2010
K. Robins "Skell" (Washington, UK) - See all my reviews
Well impressed with this product, well worth the money and really enjoyed watching them from the beginning to end from the first to the last one, wolverine is brilliant film and i say one of the best as it lives up to the previews that i have seen for this film.