4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Boxset! ORIGINAL RELEASE
Due to some confusion I am amending my original review. This review is for the ORIGINAL RELEASE of this boxset. There IS a 4-disc boxset that is far cheaper. If you want the version I'm reviewing you will pay more. Sorry for the confusion caused by Amazon's incredibly silly idea to lump all reviews together!

I've already tried to review this once but for some...
Published on 21 Oct. 2009 by Pantheon

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor
When I received had a slash mark on the front cover and also the inside were broken so it doesn't actually hold the discs. Disappointed x
Published on 1 Jan. 2013 by Jenna Bentley

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value Boxset! ORIGINAL RELEASE, 21 Oct. 2009
Pantheon (Boston, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I've already tried to review this once but for some reason it never got through....so....to the Amazon screeners: I bought this item from Amazon. I have it in my hot little hands! Everything below is the truth!!! (I know, 'cos I can see it with my own eyes!!)

Ok...
This boxset contains the following:
X-Men - this is the 2 Disc version with all extras from the Trilogy edition.
X-Men 2 - see above
X-Men: The Last Stand - see above
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - this is a single-disc edition (no digital copy etc) but has all the extras from the separate release.

The discs are in HD-Slim cases, Wolverine is in a very-slim-case! The outer case in simply a cardboard slip-cover.

So, all-in-all there are SEVEN discs in this set and NOT, NOT, NOT the 4 discs that Amazon state.

Amazon...maybe if you got your information correct more people would review/buy your products!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 4 Jun. 2011
G. O'Neill (Qatar) - See all my reviews
I have watched all 4 blu rays and I felt a need to review.

X-Men - well written, acted - above average comic transfer - great picture quality - ok soundtrack
X-Men 2 - for me the best of the lot - sharp picture - impressive soundtrack with great rear speaker action
Last Stand - ok film - good picture and soundtrack - I was entertained
Wolverine - by far the weakest film in the pack - my blu ray had terrible grain in quite a lot of scenes - basic stereo soundtrack dressed in DTS-HD overcoat

I felt Wolverine had the makings of a great flick. It started well and then drowned in its own cgi mire. Hugh Jackman has a permanent grimace - jaw-jutting must be a sport somewhere with Jackman is its current world champion. I can just hear the conversation where Jackman - the film's producer - laid down the chemical formula of a money-making film - lots of kiddy violence (no blood or actual suffering) , lots of super-power stuff, lots of opportunity to show the benefit of Jackman having spent a year in the gym - one big-love-killed-by-baddy-then-avenged sub plot - Wolverine must cry ...... He was the producer so Jackman's motivation was to appeal to every demographic he could - the writers had the job of creating something which appealed to the demographics and somehow make the cgi set pieces link together in some way. That is business I suppose.

At this price I cant complain. Well , not complain, just moan a little.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 classics 1 ok & X3, 11 Oct. 2012
I must start by saying this is an outstanding collection and worth every penny I think I got mine for just over £10 before Christmas and am not dissapointed by the quality of the movie or the features. Xmen is an amazing group of superhero's and with the exception of the Avenger's probably the best ever on film.
X-Men - The first film sets up this part of the Marvel universe and inroduces us to its heros and villain's we meet Wolverine Professor X Cyclops Storm Jean Grey and there evil adverseries led by Magneto. The story is about the differing veiws of former friends Magneto and Professor X as where they fit into scoiety. This is a fantastic movie a deffinate 5 out of 5.
X-Men 2 - The second movie is a little different as the majority of the focus for this is about the origins of Wolverine and as such some of the important cast members may as well not be here. But new mutants fill in nicely as the evil Striker is trying to rid the world of mutants once and for all. X2 is another great film in some ways better then the original but due to the fact that some of the established heros from the first are pushed out for really no other reason then to show off with improved cgi (Night Crawler) from me it gets a 4.5 out of 5.
X-Men The Last Stand - The final Xmen movie seems very rushed to me I heard somewhere that the directors job for this was offered to the guy who went on to do Xmen First Class if only he had excepted. What you get here is the shortest of the Xmen movies. Basically there is a cure that some want and some don't that is the main reason for the fighting. Add to that some of the main characters are killed off withing the first 40 minutes and then its Wolverine to the rescue. Its good but its not as good 3.5 out of 5 for this one.
X-Men Origins Wolverine - 102 minutes of of Hugh Jackmans Wolverine doing what he does best. This is basically the story of how Wolverine became Wolverine with the claws and the memory loss. It is a very enjoyable movie the only downside with it is on blu ray some of the effects dont seem very realistic either way this is better then X3 and gets 4 out 5.
As I said this is a very good set and gets a 4.5 total score if only X3 was a little better.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome set to own!, 30 Jan. 2012
I'm a huge Marvel fan, so I had to add all these to my collection. When I saw it advertised the other day, £10 for four X-Men films, there was no way I could resist! So, thank you very much to Amazon. I've seen reviews about people getting different sized cases and numbers of discs, so I'd just like to add that all my films come in super-slim cases, 1 disc in each, all with a whole bunch of special features. If you're not a Wolverine fan and just enjoy Marvel/action/Sci-Fi, you might not like the artwork/packaging... Those of you who have seen X-Men 1-3 know that Wolverine pretty much dominates, screen time and story. He also takes over the packaging. He's the only character on the front and back of the cardboard box the cases come in. Then there's the cases and the dics, no one stands in front or next to Wolverine. I personally don't mind because Wolverine has been my favourite Marvel character since I was a kid. Picture and audio is fantastic, though 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' does have some noticeable grain, most of which you'll see in the flashback credits in the first couple of minutes of the film, so it's not so bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars The originals are good, but Origins lets it down..., 26 Feb. 2012
This review is from: X-Men Quadrilogy - X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine [DVD] (DVD)
The X-men quadrilogy has four films in it: X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The first three films, starring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn and many others are all fantastic. The first film was made in 2000, so the graphics are a little behind the times, but the plot is still very good. The second two films improve on graphics, and still retain good plot value. However, X-Men: The Last Stand is of a lower standard than the other two, and then Origins, the film that was made after Last Stand, is even worse. The plot is predictable (as will.i.am is in it, I refer to it as "Auto-plotted"), Hugh Jackman gives the only convincing performance and there seems to be more focus on ruining the continuity of the other films (including the more recent X-Men: First Class) and on the explosions than on the actual film. In conclusion, I highly recommend getting this product, as it is a lot cheaper than buying the first three films separately. Just don't expect Origins to be brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quadrilogy the value, 1 Dec. 2009
RDS (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I am writing this review with respect to the value of the purchase and not as to the merit of the films. To be honest if you are looking to nibble your way into a new franchise and have never experienced an X-men movie then the best advice would be to rent the first in the series as a taster. If you find that you enjoy the X-men franchise and are in the market for the DVDs then this represents the best value box set. Notably don't be disappointed when a fifth film is released next year (origin of magneto) and the quadrilogy becomes a 'quintology', 'pentology' or, more likely a '5 DVD box set'.

Best value for all the films together.

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL IN ONE PACKAGE, 12 Sept. 2011
It's wonderful to have this exciting quadrilogy all in one package as I've long been a fan. You don't necessarily have to watch the films in the order they were made to make sense of them as each one stands alone on its merits. Being a pensioner, I have lusted after the incredibly fit body of the sexiest man on the planet, the gorgeous Hugh Jackman, for a very long time. However, it's made me realise that my libido has packed it's bags and moved to warmer climes as all I can think about when he comes on screen is "Good Lord! That vest of his could do with a good soak in Daz!" Enjoy the films over and over again; they are incredibly good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent films, boxset isnt so excellent, 7 Jan. 2010
Philip Brady "falcon-edge" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
the films are fantastic and even better in HD but it feels like they just added origins into the boxset as an after thought, given the case is smaller than the rest, and that the menu is different layout to the first 3 films. but the films are worth it, just feel they should have spent a little more time paying attention to detail in designing the boxset and the film setup

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 times with German DTS, wolverine without German DTS, 9 Dec. 2011
Sonja Rau (Gütersloh) - See all my reviews
This Box is in quality perfect, sound is perfect but i buy this box to hear it with German DTS
x-men 1-3 is with German DTS, wolverine is without German DTS.
when you come from germany and you need it complete with german dts, buy this box, buy wolverine seperatly, and chance wolverine from this box and sell wolverine without German DTS.

Die Box ist qualitativ sehr gut, sound ist sehr gut, aber gekauft habe ich die Box um die mit der Deutschen Spur zu hören,
x-men 1-3 ist in Deutsch, aber wolverine ist ohne deutscher Spur.
man kann die box ruhig kaufen, sollte aber die wolverine blu ray separat kaufen und die wolverine aus der box wieder verkaufen.

best wishes

sonja

4.0 out of 5 stars good movies, 1 May 2011
i was happy with my purchase apart from the fact that th cover is not at all what is shown for the preview its a picture of wolverine on the front along with some of the other cast from all the movies along the bottom and there are 4 discs 1 per movie none of this BS other people saying about more discs and it wasnt in loads of little small cases for each disc one case 2 discs on either side.. nuff said good movies well worth the $$ enjoy