on 12 August 2013
I read reviews for this and a more expensive Sony model. I wasn't able to get hold of the more expensive model, and so decided to get this, with an external mike. It works well enough, does what it says, but the sound quality is disappointing, and the external mike makes very little difference. If all you need is a straight recording of the human voice, with very little body or bass, then this is fine. I guess they don't make 'em like they used to...
on 16 March 2013
Got this for my sister who enjoys listening to audio books and is just the job, easy controls and clear recordings, very compact. These are now very hard to find so grab it while you can.
on 4 September 2013
I'm thrilled this replacement for my old cassette recorder which I'd had for many years and didn't think that I'd find anything as good again but this is made of metal, not plastic as my last one was and works in exactly the same way. I was amazed that it was £40 cheaper than the old one that I bought about 15 years ago. So go for it as I don't think that they will be around for much longer. I arrived on time too.
on 18 May 2012
Very good product. Perfect for the task that it was required for. The recording quality is excellent and it is compact and easily carried.
on 13 January 2012
The product itself is not bad. It has a classic microphone and a good design.
It is very functional.

It has a moderate background noise which is not so bad as on 400DV and 200DV by comparison.

It has a powerful speaker 450mW compare with 350mW of 400DV.
It has a very slim design which results in 2xAAA batteries powered up.
And this design is very good. It feels solid.
I would recommend this product.
on 17 September 2013
I love this product, it has fulfilled all my expectations. I am an older person with lots of old cassette tapes and this replaced a 25 year old Sony recorder!
I would recommend it to others. It is great!
on 10 June 2013
It's fine , but the "door" is very difficult to open....you need two hands to open it ....there is nothing to use as leverage when trying to open it.n
on 4 October 2013
I like tape recorders .I am old I. I dislike complicated recorders with 'folders' I had thought they were no longer made
on 17 October 2013
I purchased this tape recorder/player and it meets with all my needs very good in all departments especially the batteries where to (having it a week) I still haven't replaced them although I have used it to play back though headphones every day. The batteries are AAA and so very small and to me this indicates how good the build quality of the recorder must me. It has always been a good guide line to me if the batteries last a long time the the technical and quality parts must be good and well thought out. So take the plunge and treat yourself. Only one downside although the recorder was not damaged in any way the box it came in was dented so a little extra padding would be worth considering.
on 4 January 2014
An absolutely wonderful Item so versatile seems to do almost what one wants so easy to use even at the age of 80 plus! i have never been without it since i bought it and i listen to tapes for simply hours a truly delightful machine if one can call it that i had one years ago but this latest one from Sony is tons better so thank you Sony for lightening up my boring life with your Sony Pocket Cassette Recorder and thanks to also Amazon a great company which never lets you down.