5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!
I bought this, arrived in 3 days and free delivery!
It came with instructions on how to build it up and it was very simple.
The punching bag was taller than I expected, but in my case, that's a good thing.
Very nice bag that feels great when punching or kicking.
Published on 7 Sep 2011 by Renan

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete misconstruction
We bought this for ourselves as a joint xmas present; my wife is into karate, I box a little. Searched around and eventually settled on this one since the reviews are so good. The reviewers might be right - its probably a good punching bag - major stumbling block is the base.
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
I bought this, arrived in 3 days and free delivery!
It came with instructions on how to build it up and it was very simple.
Very nice bag that feels great when punching or kicking.
I filled the bottom with water (took around 15mins) and after I finished setting it up on the floor, I could hardly move it. It was so heavy that even REALLY HARD punches and kicks would not move it around or take it down.

Perfect product for me. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars dont believe the bad reviews, 29 Jan 2013
Mr. Paul D. Clarke "Clarkey69" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
Having looked at many other options / makes and having read a few negative reviews about boxing mad punch bags i was left a bit confused and unsure of which one to buy but in the end decided to go for this one.
My main concern was having read a few comments about them toppling over and even with kids kicking them the stability was a problem it put me off.
However let me tell you that is complete rubbish !
I have done martial arts for many years and while i have a very decent punch on me i certainly wouldn't classs myself as any kind of Mike Tyson so stability there really wasn't an issue.........my kicks on the other hand are an entirely different story and i have put many a 6 foot bloke down from body/head kicks during competition fighting, and even if i do say so myself i have got a fair bit of power in my kicks, so my main over riding concern was this punch bag toppling over when i kicked it.
But i have to say having filled this unit with water rather than sand i have given this bag some real good full power kicks from ever angle and stability short of moving a millimetre here or there really isn't a problem at all, (well at least on a solid gargae floor) not sure how it would be perform indoors on carpet but i assume it would still be pretty stable ?
Admittedly if i use full force kicking it full on with straight front kicks it does move a bit more, but again certainly nothing that would worry you that it was going to topple.
So all in all decent quality bag with good spring mechanism that returns the bag very quickly after every punch/kick and well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete misconstruction, 28 Dec 2011
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
I had bought 4 x 20kg bags from B&Q and a funnel to fill the base. The base is made of plastic and has two parts - each with a little inlet for water or sand. We decided on sand as it is heavier and we did not fancy having 80 liters of water in the house (bag is in the study/gym).
Anyway it is impossible to fill these two bases with sand. We have literally been trying for hours. The opening of the bases leads to an internal shelf - so after trying to get the sand through the funnel into the hole it gets stuck after half a funnel filling and you have to tip the base in order to distribute the sand. It is ridiculous - I would have returned the thing if it was not for a few kilos of sand in the base...
The instructions btw show a man filling that tiny hole with sand from a shovel - yeah right. I tried different funnels, different sand ... to no avail.
At least I have a good reason to hit the thing once(if) we finally get it filled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
Arrived quick, easy to set up and is a great bag to use, the spring on it means you really have to be on your toes when punching/kicking it, Can take very hard hits and the stand won't move an inch so all in all a very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product, 28 Oct 2011
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
the product is the best ive had so far really easy to put together but is stressing to fill.After you fill it you have to lift it you might need help from someone as it is heavy.This is brilliant to test your speed as the rebound of it can hit you so you have to dodge it quickly.Also a good strong punch bag and will take storng punches and kicks no problem..but soft cushion on the inside there is also a zip on it so if you damage the cushion u can just replace it. would highly recomend this to anyone that is looking for a brilliant workout and a brilliant product for a resonable enough price...

3.0 out of 5 stars Light as a feather!, 5 Aug 2013
C Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
Well after reading all these reviews I decided that I would purchase this as I had to get rid of my old punchbag a while ago during a house move. The item arrived very quickly, which was impressive and it was easy to put together. However, alarm bells were sounded when I pulled the punch bag out of the packaging. It was incredibly light! I placed it on and screwed it as shown and then noticed the instructions say to not hit it so the flexible tube bends more than 30 degrees in any direction..what? So I have a punch bag that I can't hit very hard?? I put it to the test. My first punch wasn't my hardest and it still moved FAR more than the 30 degrees stated. So I am now having to hit the punchbag with half the force of any other punch bag I have ever used. Pathetic really (and I haven't even described when I am kicking it!). Basically it's ok just to tap it, but to put some real effort in, it's a waste of time. The base is nice and sturdy when filled with water, so there's no chance of that moving, but the flexible 'please don't bend me more than 30 degrees' tube is ridiculous and I'm pretty sure I'm going to break it soon. The puchbag needs to be twice as heavy in order for it to be any good for a serious martial artist (I am only 5 foot 5 and slender build, not some 20 stone monster, but even I am easily going to have to replace this within the year!). So, disppointing to say the least.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Bag!!, 28 Sep 2011
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
Recently moved and couldn't hang my old punch bag up, so thought I'd invest in one of these, after lots of research and some telephone calls to Boxing outlets. I train at a South London boxing club and didn't think it would match up to any heavy bags there. Well it does! As long as you fill it with dry sand. I went to Wickes and bought 4 bags of block paving sand and they all went in, with a funnel and the bases at an angle against a wall (requires patience). Not disappointed. This bag does not move around when hit, unlike other well known makes. I would highly recommend this item and the seller. Both first rate!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to fill with sand !!! - But seems like a good product, 8 May 2012
G. Shannon "Shan" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
Product arrive next day which was very good. I bought Kiln sand to fill the base with it took around 1.5 hours to fill the base sand went everywhere as the hole on the base is way to small to put sand into.

However this product seems good to me the base does not move at all when I hit it full pelt! - The spring action on the bag is good as well very good to take stress out on after a hard day at the office.

I would recommend this product - Also it is a good height as well as I am 6 foot and can hit sraight on no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAULTLESS, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
Like many others I did a lot of research before buying this product. This has to be one of the best free standing punch bags on the market.
Good points - easy to assemble and feels sturdy and durable.
I put anti slip tape ( about 4 at B & Q ) on the base before filling with water. I have placed it in the garage on a concrete floor and trust me this will not budge regardless of force used.
Unlike other bags this is the perfect height for a good workout without the need to stop and alter the bag height like others on the market.
The spring mechanism has just the right amount of give and returns to the upright very quickly.

Bad Points - Er none.

If your looking for a sturdy, robust and excellent quality punch bag look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Boxing-Mad Free Standing Punch Bag - Black (Sports)
fantastic bag. lots of abuse and it still comes back for more. A little light for myself, but works really well. well recommended

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›