5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor!!!
I dont usually write reviews, and this will be brief, but i was looking for a widescreen to replace an old 19". I was origionally looking at 22"/23" TFTs having installed a Samsung for work. They looked amazing quality and resoloution. I then researched various models, and after a length of time decided to treat myself to one for christmas!
I was now looking at a 24"...
Published on 16 Jan 2010 by E. Pennie

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice overall picture but too much colour shift
Published on 4 Sep 2010 by greencode

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor!!!, 16 Jan 2010
E. Pennie "Ed Pennie" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung P2450H 24 inch widescreen 2ms DVI TFT LCD Monitor (Rose Red) (Personal Computers)
I was now looking at a 24" (might as well may the £50-70 extra for a much bigger screen), widescreen HD, with main uses being a more comfortable experience with Photoshop and the desktop in general. I was NOT disappointed!!!! its really quick to get set up, CD installed colour profile/driver for monitor, and the one thing that caught me straight away was the brightness. its amazing. even turned down a bit.
Im hoping when i move house, that i'll be able to use the PC for TV/DVD viewing and then get the best out of the monitor, but for now thats something to look forward to. its an excellent purchase and Amazon delivered on time.
if i had to change anything it would be the stand. i'd like a height adjustable stand but the montirs that had those, wernt as good as this, so a small sacrifice to make. i could get another stand... but when i move, im going to wall mount it so wont need one then anyway!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best monitor but 2 minor issues, 6 April 2010
Mr. J. Goodwin "Techno guy" (East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
I'm not a huge reviewer, and never leave feedback or ratings and yet I feel compelled to rate this 5 *! The image is absolutely fantastic, by far beating my old monitor (the acclaimed Dell 2407WFP monitor), which is already considered one of the best 24" monitors available. The colour is the best I have seen on any monitor, or TV for that matter. The refresh rate and response time is so fast and smooth, it's a joy to watch blurays or play PS3 games. Also the Rose Red finish looks soooo good. Under natural sunlight it looks brilliant.

However the only issues (and tiny and that) are:
1 deadpixel - where among the 1920x1200 pixels on the screen, one of them is completely dead, leaving a black dot across all inputs and sources. I have tried cleaning the screen many times, it is definitely a deadpixel. Luckily however this happens to be so far offset to the left, that it isn't noticable. I had this on day one.
Cables supplied - Although great that Samsung supplied the monitor with a VGA and DVI video cable, the VGA has been poorly produced and doesn't fit properly. I used a spare VGA cable from home, that fitted straight away. I haven't tested the DVI cable as I use HDMI for PS3 and VGA for my laptop.

These to me are not great flaws, and by no reason enough to bring the rating to 4 stars. This monitor is just incredible for the money you pay, and the quality you get. BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious Samsung HD Monitor, 3 Aug 2010
Christopher Nicholls (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can honestly say I was shocked at just how good this screen actually is. For the price tag, compared to the price of other screens that are of this size, resolution and functionality, it is literally unbeatable.

The screens native resolution is 1920 x 1080 which is Full HD. This can be utilised using the either the HDMI or DVI, of which the monitor has ports for both (with a VGA port for those who use it). Although the screen supports HDMI, there are no speakers - however, the monitor has a Digital Optical OUT and 3mm Audio OUT to connect directly to external speakers or a 5.1 digital setup. The screen does not actually feature a button system, however it has a touch sensitive panel on the front of the display which is used to access the menus and switch between inputs. The screen features a 'wine red' tint around the clear edge which give the screen a modern feel.

The packaging is molded styrofoam and the accessories are separated from the screen. The accessories include a DVI cable, a UK power cable, a US power cable, an installation CD for colour calibration (not always necessary), instruction manuals, screen stand and warranty. The stand slots together in two pieces and screws secure and is then inserted into the underneath of the monitor. I don't think it clicks but it is secure enough to not fall out when the screen is lifted. The screen has mounting holes on the back as well for if you wish to have this mounted on a wall or hanging bracket.

Through DVI the picture is sharp and at 1920 x 1080 the picture is crystal clear. I would suggest that you set the Picture Mode to 'Cool' as it the default 'Normal' settings push the colour quite a bit. Apart from that, its perfectly fine. Through HDMI the picture is as expect, sharp and again, crystal clear. Let your XBOX or PS3 determine the best output setting and it will automatically adjust to the best setting for the console. It has a 2ms response speed which means less blurry images, very noticeable when playing console games. The audio from the 3mm OUT port on the back is great, there is plenty of space for the headphone/aux wire to be connected. Windows 7 recognises the screen straight away and was able to create a dual screen setup within minutes of connecting the screen (picture on the Image Gallery).

My only minor complaints about the screen (complaint being too harsh a word) concern the touch panel and surfaces. Every now and then the touch panel can be a bit extreme in how it responds to presses, it may not respond first touch or it may respond as if it has been pressed multiple times - however this doesn't happen often and once you've changed the initial settings you will find you rarely need to even use the menus. Also the screen itself attracts dust and fluff, although a quick once-over every few days eliminates this. These are very minor issues that I'm bringing up and are just for your information, you will very soon forget these as the screen makes up for it.

People have made comment about the stand making the screen shaky - This is true if you are working on a stand alone work station that may cause the screen to move if it is shook, however if this is on a regular fixed desk then this isn't an issue at all.

I'm giving the screen 5/5, the minor issues are easily overlooked and the screen itself is an absolute bargain for the price available on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung P2450H 24-inch Widescreen TFT LCD Monitor (2ms, DVI, Rose Red), 18 Dec 2009
An excellent move on, from my 19" Samsung LCD Monitor. High Definition Picture,easy adjustment.No motion drag if you are using this monitor to watch tv via a dongle. When I first came across Samsung products a few years ago, I was a bit dubious about quality and functionality.I am pleased to have been proven to be very wrong, I would now regard them as being in the top echelons of Computer and Electronics equipment manufacturers. I would most definitely recommend this monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, except with xbox 360, 18 Mar 2010
Mr. A. Mardell (UK) - See all my reviews
Brought one of these to use with 360/PS3/PC.

The monitor is absolutely stunning to look at, and seems great for gaming. Touch sensitive controls are a bit of a pain, and leave finger prints over the frame.

I tried with PS3 and PC, drop dead gorgeous, cant recommend enough.

I tried with xbox 360 via VGA (as i have an old pre-HDMI console) and just got a black screen on every compatible resolution.

Being that i've used my VGA 360 with numerous other monitors/HDTVs with no problems (including a samsung HDTV i was using to change the xbox resolutions). I can only assume the monitor is very fussy.

Curiously my PC worked fine with the monitor via VGA. So i can only assume theres an incompatibility between the 360s VGA signal and this monitor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice overall picture but too much colour shift, 4 Sep 2010
I use my monitor for design and so I have to have a good overall colour match across all areas of the screen. I felt with this Samsung - although good for overall web and email use - it was just too tricky figuring out what the correct colour was on-screen. For example if I had a grey screen - it would appear really dark grey at the top and really light at the bottom and so I had no idea what was the "true" colour for my designs. I suppose you get what you pay for and I've since sold this monitor and purchased a HP ZR24W IPS monitor where the angle of view is incredible and I would advise any designer thinking about purchasing this monitor to spend the extra money - almost double in the HP's case - and get one which has extreme viewing angles.

With all of that said the quality of vision when viewing movies from a distance was fantastic. Don't be fooled though by the Dynamic Contrast Control which is simply ridiculous. As another reviewer mentioned somewhere else - it's like having an annoying person next to you messing about with the contrast and brightness - literally every second!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor!, 18 Feb 2010
My spine is always straight and I don't need to use my reading glasses since I bought this monitor. I have no idea what's gamer's opinion,but for my purpose which is photo editing this monitor is great! The only I'd wish is adjustable stand - for some reason companies don't want to make them...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a quick note, 9 Sep 2010
This isn't so much a review as just saying that if you have looked for reviews on this product you may have come across that one review where the guy says "this won't function at 1080p when we tried connecting it to a bluray player".

That is a load of rubbish, I've got my ps3 connected to it using 1080p as well as my computer which runs at 1080p. So that reviewer had done something wrong.

That's all i'm just pointing out, you guys should look at more official online reviews than what some random people say on here anyways.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, minor flaws, great price, 8 Sep 2010
In terms of technical spec, this monitor is just about unbeatable in this price range. High dynamic contrast ratio, fast response time, all three major signal inputs and so on.

The styling is great with nice square edges, if that's what does it for you. The flash of red is also nice, yet not intrusive. The glossy finish - while it looks good - is an absolute magnet for fingerprints, dust, dirt and anything else you can imagine floating about your house. If you tend to leave fingerprints on things, like I do, then be prepared to be wiping this thing down on a regular basis.

Two more more small niggles: again due to the glossy finish the image on-screen will reflect slightly in the edge of the monitor. Not immersion-breaking, but noticeable. Secondly, the stand. It is quite wobbly even when screwed into position and the range of motion is limited. Even considering these facts, this is a superb product at this price range and ideal for gaming and HD movies. Simply unbeatable for under £200.

My only regret with this monitor is that mine was slightly damaged on arrival and I was forced to send it back, by which time Amazon was out of stock! Highly unfortunate, but I will certainly be looking for another one to purchase, when the price is right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice. Quality product., 24 July 2010
T. Costick (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Bought one of these to replace the non-wide 17" flat panel on my 4 year old HP Pavilion Media Center PC, with its original ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card capable of 1980x1020 display, i.e. OK for the Samsung display.

The display has a quality look and feel. I like the touch buttons on lower right corner of the display bezel. These light up gently when you touch them for adjustments to the screen. At other times the buttons are not lit, so they don't distract.

The stand is pretty basic. It's good quality, with tilt adjustment but is not height adjustable. Then again, this would add to the price. On a normal height desk and with a normal desk chair, the screen is a little low. General recommendations are that the top of the display area should be approx in line with your eyes. The screen is around 4 inches lower than this. As a solution I have just ordered a "Fellowes Smart Suites Monitor Riser" for £14.

The screen casing and the stand are a nice glossy piano black. This looks good but the downside is that it does attract a lot of dust. A cleaning cloth is included in the box. You make the cloth damp and then gently wipe away the dust. Works well enough, so no real complaint on that front, but I wonder if it's possible to treat or coat the plastic surface to repel dust.

The display image quality is excellent, with good contrast and colour. There are presets for different uses such as "text", "internet" and "games". These presets are about right. You can, of course, make custom settings of your own.

The HDMI and Digital inputs are nice. I would have liked to have had speakers in the screen too, and would have been willing to pay a little extra for this.

One thing to mention: when you adjust your favourite PC games to use the new higher-res screen, you may find that your graphics card is not up to it. I had this experience and have just upgraded the PC with a Sapphire HD4670 512MB card. Very happy with the result.

Overall, a very nice screen. If I had another PC to upgrade, I would buy another of these.