Published on 5 April 2010 by Reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizes are a joke
Purchased 14 year old size (168cm) for a 150 cm 12 year old so that there would be plenty of room for growth and it's too small. If you are going to sell clothes via the internet, for goodness sake make your sizing realistic otherwise you are just wasting everyones time and energy.
Published on 29 May 2012 by mountaingoat

5.0 out of 5 stars Windproof, waterproof and breathable, great with Keela fleece, 5 April 2010
Reviewer (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
Waterproof all year round, especially good for spring/autumn wear when worn with a fleece. The Keela fleece zips into the jacket (and the sleeves fasten inside too, so it is easy to take off and put on as a single jacket). With this combination, it is warm enough for active wear when weather chilly (e.g. playing outside when temp 2-8 centigrade); it is also windproof so good for round town in windy weather and outdoors activities (e.g. beach in winter). Jacket is waterproof in pouring rain, hood fits well, great for to and from school in wet weather and can be worn for summer downpours without the fleece. The jacket/fleece combination is also great for travelling. Always looks good, kids love it because it is comfortable for all day wear, they do not get wet on inside from sweat. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizes are a joke, 29 May 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for Keela Simpson Advance jacket, 5 April 2010
F. Broad (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
It is a really good jacket, the best of its range for our tall 5 year old boy. The hood is excellent and it stands up well to torrential rain. The pockets are good and the storm flaps excellent. The red colour is great for spotting our son who tends to go off in the lead a lot! The only one problem we have found is the double zip - the inside zip is for a fleece and on a number of occasions, our 5 year old has struggled with the zip and in fact, so have we. It is still an excellent jacket and sponge-cleans really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 21 Mar 2010
S. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
Got this for my son based on good reviews on another website. Also bought fleece to go inside it. Seems quite good value for a relatively high spec child's coat. Will be used for various outdoor activities and walks as well as general use and has been good so far. Would have liked more information on sizing rather than just an age guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get better, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Keela Simpson Advance Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I bought this plus the fleece for my little boy when he was 15 months old - it was very generously sized but provided excellent protection. He is now nearly 4 and just about to grow out of the 1-2 size (and he wears 4-5 clothing already), so it has been excellent value for money. It washes really well in the machine (I use Nik Wax)and it looks as good today as the day I bought it and it has seen a lot of use. It is waterproof, warm in all weathers with the fleece and the hood is brilliant. I will definitely be buying another.

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT BUT........, 18 Mar 2012
I'm satisfied with the quality and certainly is waterproof, but the jacket need washhand and I purchased it for my son (4 years old)so, too much work.Besides, the correct fleece size was very difficult to find and the total price was more expensive than I thought.I recommend it only for "old fashioned" mums...(washanding)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket - we are about to buy our 3rd!, 29 Feb 2012
J. Clark "mumtoellie" (York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Keela Simpson Advance Jacket (Sports Apparel)
We bought our daughter her first Keela Simpson when she needed a navy coat for school which we wanted to be suitable for weekend use as well, and replaced it when outgrown with another one. We are about to outgrow this 2nd coat and will replace it with another one without any hesitation - it is quite simply the best outdoor coat we've seen/used. We buy the jacket 'large' and tend to get 3 years use out of each one, the fasteners on the sleeves mean that you don't end up with hands lost half way up. We have the fleece liner for winter and our daughter has walked in sub-zero temperatures and driving rain and remained warm and dry each time. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the coat to anyone - interestingly we have a 'pass down the line system' and the first coat is about to go to it's 3rd user and is still as good as new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best you can get, 6 Jan 2012
Bought this for my son who grew out of the previous size. This regularly wins best in class in the outdoor magazines and I don't see how it can be bettered in terms of quality. Good value as you're not paying for an expensive brand name. Worth getting the zip-in fleece as well.

Keela Simpson Advance Jacket