on 11 February 2010
At the time of purchasing this product, I was stuck between buying a smilar item for double the price but I went for this in the end.

I bought a Sony HVLF42AM External flash and this diffuser fits snugly over it.
The difference in the photos with and without the diffuser are subtle but definantely much better with it on. It gives a much warmer, professional result to the photo.

Definately well worth the price.
on 21 October 2012
This stays on my Sony flash gun all the time - it really makes a difference, softening shadows, though it does reduce the range a bit. You might want to remove it when you are bouncing the flash off the ceiling.
on 21 April 2011
It does what it says on the tin. Not much else to say, other than that at this price, if you're looking for a diffuser, it's a snip.

I'm not convinced that it's not the wrong one that I got, as the angle of the sides doesn't quite match the angle of the flash head. This makes it a very tight fit, & can be difficult to get on. However this isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it's not going to fall off mid-shoot. It doesn't seem to damage the flash either, since the plastic it's made from is so soft.

Good value.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2013
Does what bit says on the tin! Easy push on pull off product so easy to use. Helps to soften the flash further. Can recommend to
anyone
on 12 June 2012
I bought this for my Jessops Brand flash and it fits great. The fit is really tight and seems almost made for the Jessops Flash. Excellent
on 26 December 2012
Snug fit, pretty solid for a bit of plastic. Doesn't make too much difference to the exposure, but light coverage is more pleasing.
on 12 December 2010
A functional piece of moulded white plastic. £8 is a lot for what it is, but you have to pay it if you want the product I suppose.
on 27 March 2010
Excellent value for money, I have one of the more well known diffusers and this is equally as good, would recommend it.......
on 15 February 2010
I ordered this diffuser for my Sony HVL42AM flashgun that I ordered and it works a treat.
Although it was a bit on the expensive side for a piece of plastic.
Overall it does produce some excellent results when in combination with the Sony flash.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 September 2014
A very useful accessory to have. Excellent quality.

See one answered question