5.0 out of 5 stars Great Leather Restorer
Published on 30 Mar. 2011 by J. Phillips

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do much
Bought it for my motorcycle to revive the 10 year old leather on both saddle and panniers. It just gave them a little shiny and that's all. After a few hours it was all back to the way they were. Waste of money. Would not recommend.
Published on 27 Jan. 2013 by MAM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Leather Restorer, 30 Mar. 2011
J. Phillips "Rupert Collector" (Exeter, Devon) - See all my reviews
I bought this product to help restore the a smart leather jacket I own,the leather on which was getting rather dry. The Nikwax was very easy to apply and soaked into the leather within a few minutes, it then only needed a light buffing to resore the jacket to an almost new state. I was very impressed with the product and have since used it successfully on a large leather bag, several leather belts and my golf shoes! Nikwax is very economical to use and I have still plenty left in the original 300 ml container.
I would highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars This stuff works!, 7 Dec. 2012
I use gear this on my motorcycle leather trousers. Despite getting caught in many heavy showers this Summer, my legs have stayed fairly dry, which more importantly helps keep the warmth.

Being a spray however, this stuff is pretty runny and you need to apply it in small doses and work it in. It has an immediate effect to the look of the leather, but it kind of reminds me of the sprays we used to apply to the dashboard of the car, that gave the nasty plastic an even shinier plastic look.

One point of note to anybody using this stuff for the same purpose as myself, use it on the "seat" of your trousers at your peril. Under moderately hard braking you might find yourself sliding into the tank.... and you know what that means. :-)

A good product from a company that has been producing great stuff for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Leather Restorer, 12 Jun. 2011
Good product, Does what it says it does. I used on my Motorcycle leathers and gloves. It gave a good waterproof finish without a greasy, slippy residue. This helps to keep me planted on my seat.
Recommended, but a little pricey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for use on black leather jackets, 27 Mar. 2015
Gareth (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent product. I've used this on several black leather jackets and it has helped to make the leather more supple and brings back a subtle shine to it. It does help rain bead more on contact with the jackets too. I also use Renapur (another great product) but found that on two of my jackets the application of that made them squeak when the arms rubbed the sides of the jacket. An application of Nikwax Leather Restorer fixed the problem - no more squeaking!

I would recommend applying this spray outside. It is quite runny, so is a little difficult to apply accurately without overspray to the surface your jacket is resting on, and it also produces a strong chemical smell on application. This smell does disappear completely after a few days but I found it best to air the jackets for as long as possible outside before bringing them back in. I also found it best to leave the spray on for just 2 minutes (as per the instructions) before wiping the jacket with a cloth (I use a microfibre cloth); this avoids the spray drying completely and therefore makes it easier to get an even coating.

Thoroughly recommended for use on black leather jackets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Perfect, 1 Feb. 2013
H. Smith Thomassen (Den Haag, Nederland) - See all my reviews
Good but not perfect.

I found that the spray was not really fine enough to get an even coverage and the leather darkened considerably after use. I did not feel that it added enough 'moisture' to restore and condition in the way I had expected.

I imagine that the type and quality of the leather will make a big difference to the results and, overall, I feel that the leather stetson on which the Nikwax was used is better for having been treated with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought life back to an old jacket, 4 May 2013
John "John Neilson" (Tidworth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I got this for a leather jacket I bought on eBay for only £10. The jacket is around 15 years old and the leather was for want of a better word "tired". After just one application of this it breathed new life into the jacket and the leather became more supple. I'll add a couple more applications and really would recommend this to anyone wanting to protect their leathers.

5.0 out of 5 stars works a treat, 21 Nov. 2010
badly dried and very dear black leather dress gloves are now back to new.Thankfully theneed for them has not arisen for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for leather especially after its been washed., 15 Dec. 2014
I use this on my motorbike gloves after they've been washed in the machine and it brings them back to feeling very supple and conditions the leather. Can leave them with a pvc glue smell for a while but that wears off. Spray bottle lasts a long time, all dependant on use of course.

4.0 out of 5 stars but other than that it's a very good product which I would buy again, 1 Aug. 2014
I bought this product to try and waterproof my golf shoes. Would have given it 5 stars but for the white residue it leaves on 'non leather' areas, but other than that it's a very good product which I would buy again

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to apply using protective gloves and spread across leather ..., 8 Jan. 2015
Anne (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Very easy to apply using protective gloves and spread across leather with a cloth. Definitely improves the appearance of the leather, at least on my dark brown jacket. Impressed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›