5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and works for HS10
I was desperate for a protective filter for my newly bought Fuji HS10 and also really wanted a circular polariser but was staggered by the high prices for the mainstream brands. Took a chance on this set as the CPL would be for occasional use and so, if it did vignette at 24mm, it wouldn't be too much of a problem at the price.

Tried today - NO VIGNETTING - so...
Published on 16 Nov. 2010 by Darth

2.0 out of 5 stars No comparison for proper kit
I bought these along with my camera, and they don't compare with proper kit in the least. The only useful filter is the CPL, because white balance is automagically fixed by basically any modern digital camera and UV filters are of dubious usefulness. I know that some photographers promote sticking one on the lens and leaving it there to protect the glass, but the UV...
Published 16 months ago by Michael

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filters, 26 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Zeikos ZE-FLK58 58mm Multi-Coated 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) (Electronics)
I was looking at CPL filters and UV filters (for a lens protector more than anything) and found this set on Amazon. I was originally going to try and save up for a Hoya brand CPL but the cost of one versus the three-pack right now was what did the deal in. I actually received these for Christmas but I love them.

I haven't had much of a chance to play with them yet but I can tell the slightest difference with my UV filter on, even when the sun was shining in through the window. It made the sunlight softer and the subjects stand out better. The CPL works great - my only issue was with the actual camera lens and its autofocus changing the setup of the filter, but that's not a filter issue (I shoot with a Canon brand so the focus ring rotates) - and does exactly what it needs to do. A noticeable difference when using it to shoot a cloudy/blue sky and when I just use the UV filter.

They are easy to attach, made of glass, and come in a fantastic carry case to throw in your camera bag. There is no vignetting with any of them, as stated in the review below me, so there is no need to worry about that for prospective buyers. Five stars to Zeikos for a fantastic product at an affordable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits, and works, 30 Jan. 2014
Was a bit suspicius at first, looking at the low prices, but went for it, as I did not wanted to go all in at expenses.
I have tried all three on my Samsung NX 11, and they all fits, and they works as supposed. The UV one I can just leave on for protection, and I never think about the low-price product. After trying out a more expensive CPL from Hoya though, I see there is a difference between quality and price. But for the price, the Zeiko kit is really good value for money! Especially for starters and amateur photographs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 2 July 2011
I ordered these after being told that it is good to have the UV as a protective filter so looking around i saw this pack of 3. For £9 i thought why not get them it is £5 for just a UV so when i received them 2 days later i opened it up and used them all! They are a brilliant part of my camera kit and well worth the money. Although you may need to clean them after you take them out of the slots as sometimes you get little red hairs but that is the only problem

3.0 out of 5 stars zeikos filters review, 17 April 2012
I ordered this filter set from Amazon. They arrived fairly quickly and in good nick. They seem to be pretty fair quality for the price, even come in their own little case which is excellent. In the advert it states that these are glass filters. I beleieve the uv filter is glass, but the polarazer and the fl correction are plastic as far as I can tell. I tapped all 3 filters with my fingernail, glass filters make a slight ringing sound when you tap them.The Uv filter did, but the other 2 filters do not. I could be wrong here, I havn't tried breaking them with a hammer yet so cant be sure.
On the box it does say these filters are japanese optics so again pretty good value for money.
All in all these filters for the money are excellent value, I have so far only used the polarizer filter, the results seem pretty much on a par with other filters I have used. I have used Hoya and cokin etc.
For the money I paid other than the non glass issue I don't really have any complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars inexpensive but effective, 18 Aug. 2013
I bought this set because I wanted a polariser. The whole set was cheaper than most separate filters. I have seen more intense polarisers than this [hence only 4 stars], but it is fairly effective at darkening blue skies and enhancing/reducing skylight reflections of car windscreens and bodywork, and it comes in a rotating mount.
The UV filter is likely to be used for lens protection, though it may improve the quality of some of my landscapes a bit - here's hoping.
The fluorescent filter is a bit of an oddball and I'm not sure it will get used much, with digital automatic white balance, modern compact-fluorescent lamp phosphors and photoshop, but, hey it's effectively a freebie, and if it reduces the after-camera work, it's worth a try.
Well packed and promptly delivered. The carrying case is another useful extra; keeps all filters in one place, not sliding around loose in the camera bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 17 Feb. 2014
These filters are a must for any photographer whether amateur or pro. A neat case to keep them secure in, to keep them scratch free and each filter is in it's own pouch. They go everywhere i go with my cameras, lost without them and get excellent results every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faultless kit at a great price, 26 Jun. 2013
Less than £7 for 3 filters in a sturdy, compartmentalised, lined box. Great bargain! The UV filter is a flawless protection filter. The circular polariser works excellently, deepening contrasts and removing reflections. The optical quality is flawless and there's no degradation in image quality. I doubt I'll use the fluorescent filter - colour balance can be done in-camera or post processing. There's no vignette with any of the filters. I think I might even buy the 52mm size for my other lens. The kit arrived well before the expected date and I've no hesitation in recommending these filters. Definitely worth five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 25 Dec. 2011
A. Skudder (Crawley, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Personally I'm not sure about how much use I would make of the fluorescent filter, but that is just a bonus for me as I consider this a real bargain just for the other two filters. The UK filter is handy for protecting a lens and the polariser can add some richness to landscapes, as well as being useful for photographing through glass or water. The little case keeps them all together and safe.

The 58mm size is just right for the kit lens that comes with a Canon 1000D/1100D. If you have one of those then this is an inexpensive way to protect it and have a couple of creative options too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, 2 Sept. 2013
I was looking for a simple UV filter to protect my lens as much as anything and came across this for about the same price as a single filter. Not sure I'll use the florescent filter much, but the circular polariser I've used a few times to blue the sky up.
Each filter comes in a little plastic bag as well as the case so they are easy to keep clean and the case provides a bit of protection while being small enough to fit in the bottom of my camera case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!, 9 Jan. 2012
Outstanding !!
these really are.
Amazingly cheap but very good Quality buy some even if you have paid hundreds for some already and be amazed.
This is snobery taken out of the price but not the goods they come in a decent case and are not plastic before you say it!
For a few pounds buy them to try them you will not be throwing them away even if you just use the clear one for lens protection you will have saved Hundreds compared to others!
Regards Paul