on 21 April 2013
I ordered these reusable wipes when our daughter had terrible nappy rash from using disposable wipes. I'd been trying to get by with old flannels but was constantly washing.
Everything about Cheeky Wipes has been great. First they came very quickly, and were well packaged (boxes inside boxes like Russian dolls!). At first I was worried the terry toweling squares would be a bit small, but set up the kit nevertheless.
The oils smell lovely - the "fresh" oil is lavender and camomile, and smells so soothing and relaxing. The "mucky" oil is tee-tree based and smells astringent and clean. The clean wipes stay damp for two days easily. At each change, you only need one wipe, I was very impressed as one wipe could deal with a spinach-induced bum explosion (we are weaning!) when I would have had to use 5 or 6 disposable wipes. Its easy to take a single wipe out of the box (unlike disposable wipes, when half the packet seems to jump out). The mucky wipes box keeps all the nasty smells inside (although, as mentioned, the oil helps mask things).
When it comes to washing, it is simple to pull the mesh bag out of the mucky box, although I'd recommend doing this right next to your washing machine so as not to drip nasty water all over your carpet! Putting the wipes on with our regular wash gets them clean, and they've also been washed on a hot wash without a problem.
The "out and about" bags are great, and actually take up less weight / space than a full packet of disposable wipes. So far, we haven't had any leaks!
I wish the kit had contained a spare mesh bag for the mucky box, so we had "wash and wear" as we end up wondering what to do with the mucky wipes while the washer is on! But on the whole, this is an excellent product, and we've been really pleased with it. Yes, it's an up front expense, but even though we've only just started using it when our daughter is 6 months, we'll still end up saving money.
on 18 July 2010
We've been using Cheeky Wipes since the birth of our son eight weeks ago. I found all of the regular commercially available wipes were loaded with cosmetic chemicals that I do not trust to be on my son's sensitive (or any) areas! The "eco" wipes were better, but cost an arm and a leg! These wipes seemed the perfect solution. So far I'm almost totally satisfied. I'm doing laundry every other day in any case, so it really makes no extra work for me. My only two minor problems are that the plastic container makes a very loud sharp snapping noise when it shuts, and that always shocks my sensitive baby...I can't imagine any newborn that wouldn't get shocked by that sound right next to its ears! I know those containers are the only truly leak-proof ones, though, so I don;'t have a better idea....I sometimes just don't snap it all the way shut. The other thing is, I had noticed a musty, moldy sort of smell from the fresh wipes at times. I now wash the wipes in the boil cycle and thoroughly scrub the container after each round and that seems to have helped. Otherwise these wipes are great, and really get off the stuck-on poo because of the rougher texture of the towels. I highly recommend them!
on 30 March 2016
Really looked forward to using these except if we had known how much of a rip off theese were we would not have purchased them, at the end of the day its two plastic boxes, 25 white cotton wipes and two unnecessary fragrance oils. For a start the boxes you can get from your local cheap jack store, the oils dont benefit baby its for adult aesthetic pleasure only and the 25 wipes held up two washes then started to fray, warp and became extremely unpleasantly crispy causing horrendous sore on babys butt cheek, EVEN WHENCE THEY WERE SOAKED!!! please don't make the same mistake as us and look elsewhere save your pennies for the cheap jack store.
on 25 February 2016
I was a complete sceptic about these and totally poo-pooed them (no pun intended), after all who can be bothered with washing wipes right?!
Well I was given a kit as a gift and boy have I changed my mind, in fact I've just ordered a hand and faces kit to. They are so much better than the disposables, you don't put your finger through them, I use one or two wipes rather than 6-7, I'm sure I've saved a fortune as a result and they do a much better job at cleaning as well as being kind to skin. They come really clean in the wash. I use just normal lavender oil in the clean box and I've lost my washing bag so I just dump them into the machine (although I'm thinking if getting a new bag!). I don't have the travel bags so i only use then in the house, I'm not sure I could be bothered to prep them every time I went out but in the house they are ace and I highly recommend them!
Do check their website direct though as they are often giving away extra wipes free if you order direct.
on 13 April 2015
Great product that I wish I had bought to use from birth. The cloths wash really well and dry fairly quickly (although they can be used straight from the machine if needed). They are just great for poo and only rarely do I have to use more than one at a time!
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because of the out and about bags, I've not really used these much as they are difficult to use when you have a wriggly older baby!
on 9 May 2016
Great product, a couple of small issues; the zip that attaches the removable netted bag to the mucky bag doesn't always line up well, but not a big deal just have to rezip it. Also the sitching on the netting for the mucky box has started to come apart but is not an issue, just looks untidy.
I was mine on 40° with my babies clothes and they are fine. Though run them though a 90° every couple of months when they start getting a hint of a pong. Was worried I wouldn't use then, but it's really easy to use and I'm not sure I'm ever buy wet wipes again. Great money saver, kind to babies skin and the environment, what more could you ask?
Oh and the checkwipes website often have deals so check that before you buy here, you might find you get something free or money off if you buy direct.
One last thing is that you won't use the same kit on bum and face so I just keep a couple of flannels in the clean section for face that I just through in the wash when I do the cheeky wipes.
Over and out.
on 2 May 2016
They were great until they came apart and had holes in them after 2 washes. I washed them at the correct temperature and on their own so it couldn't have been anything I had done. I contacted cheeky wipes to tell them about this, i also included pictures of the faults and my email receipt. they got back to me and said "they would send out a couple of replacement wipes" After me asking for a new pack, as the wipes clearly had something wrong with them/were poor quality and are not cheap. I was told they would replace any wipes that got damaged but not send a new pack out. Wasn't happy with the wipes, coming apart with holes after 2 washes considering they are not cheap, and the customer service was pretty poor also. I was planning on purchasing more from cheeky wipes until this, so i will be taking my cash elsewhere. overpriced and poor customer service in my experience
on 8 November 2014
Have been using Cheeky wipes over the last week with our newborn. I am really impressed by the product and find it incredibly easy and convenient. I have bought an extra stack of 25 wipes so that I have some to use when the other lot is in the wash. Would certainly recommend the full kit and expect I will be using them for a few years to come ... which in itself is a good economic incentive!
on 7 April 2015
The system works really well and has helped reduce my daughters nappy rash as well as save all that moment on wet wipes.

Down side, the net bag that goes in the mucky wipes container broke the first time I washed the dirty wipes. The draw string just came apart. Now u don't have a wash bag in there meaning I have to get my hands dirty when taking the mucky wipes out for washing.
on 15 August 2014
These are superb wipes and make a lot more sense than wet wipes. Our daughter's skin reacts to wet wipes but we've had no problems with nappy rash etc when using cheeky wipes. A poonami can be dealt with with just one wipe. We're such a convert we've just purchased a second set to use ready for weaning. These are a fantastic product and will save you £100s in the long run.