4.0 out of 5 stars Blizzard King Monster Truck - Great fun, 27 April 2011
This review is from: Dickie 201119283 - RC Blizzard King, RTR (Toy)
Bought for my 7 year old son's birthday, this is a great bit of kit. It is really fast and can traverse uneven ground and puddles. At approx £45, this was the best price we could find for a monster truck and it was certainly worth the money.

Only minor gripe is with the battery recharger. This is a two pin affair for which you need an adapter. The geometry of the charger is such that it plugs in assymetrically and consequently has a tendency to fall out of the adapter, if plugged into a wall mounted socket. More importantly, the charger doesn't appear to have an automatic cut-out and hence I don't consider it safe to be left to charge unsupervised overnight as the recharge time is 5 hours. I may just be over cautious, but this is probably the biggest drawback, as play time needs to be planned so that battery is fully charged - not easy to do with a 7 year old.

Otherwise my son (and I) love this and would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun all terrain truck, 28 Dec 2011
C. Chambers (Shenfield, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Dickie 201119283 - RC Blizzard King, RTR (Toy)
This truck is great fun - Father Christmas brought it for our son this year and he chose well! Unlike many remote control vehicles of this nature, this one works well outside on the grass and over bumpy terrain. That ups its play value enormously.

This was very reasonably priced. We had only seen it elsewhere in shops for almost three times the price, so this is good value.

Only two tiny quibbles: battery life is only around 15 - 20 minutes of playing time before it needs recharging again. It takes 5 hours to recharge, so like the reviewer below, we put it on a timer so that it turns off after 5 hours. The other minor quibble is that we were unaware that this product would arrive from a company in Germany and was therefore supplied with a Euro Plug so we need an adapter to charge it. But these are only minor things. This is a great fun all terrain truck and it will be thoroughly enjoyed!

Dickie 201119283 - RC Blizzard King, RTR