on 8 September 2008
This book sets out with a very clear purpose and delivers on its promise to help demystify the common grammatical stumbling blocks you'll encounter as you try to learn Spanish.

As someone relatively new to learning Spanish but with a vested interest in getting it right - as I'm living here - this book answered questions I'd simply had to leave uncomfortably unanswered (because no other book had answered them or the explanations were hidden somewhere deep within the larger textbooks) before. Not only are the really confusing rules and conventions of Spanish covered but they're handled in a user-friendly way that even a relative newbie can understand.

Rather than seeing this as a Spanish learning book in its own right however I'd suggest you use it as a very helpful reference guide for those times when you're left scratching your head.

I'm sure my copy will get referred to again and again as I slowly begin to master the native tongue of my new home.
on 29 April 2009
This book makes Spanish grammer so easy to understand.
Before this book I had read several books all telling me how they would unravel the mystery of Spanish Grammer, non did.
The doors to Spanish grammer were flung wide open as soon as I started reading this book. It was so easy, the first mystery unraveled was that of Ser and Estar. For the first time I could actually choose which one to use with a 95% chance of getting it right. I have recommended this book to so many people and every one has thanked me for it.
It should be the first book on Spanish grammer you read.
on 22 June 2012
So, I've been studying Spanish for a good few years and am currently in the middle of my degree (in French and Spanish). Basically, this book has pinpointed the little things that cause every English-speaking learning of Spanish difficult since they're quite difficult to compare to the grammatical system of English. As an advanced student of Spanish, I use, for the most part, larger references grammars which, admittedly more thorough, often over-complicate issues such as these (especially, por/para and imperfect/preterite). What this book does is break down these problems to their most basic level and gives you memorable rules for using these constructions correctly and effectively. To put it simply, throughout the course of my studies of Spanish, I have used many different grammar books (and had countless hours of classes) and this book made these problems so much more clear very very quickly where other books and teachers had failed, mainly, as the author states many times throughout the book, because they give rules which are too vague and include too many exceptions to be useful 'rules'. I've tried a lot of books similar to this one, but this one really stands out and I would recommend that anyone learning Spanish (even undergraduate level) buy this book if you're having difficulty with these very difficult points of Spanish grammar. Awesome!
on 2 November 2011
This is a fabulous little book. Bought is for my Kindle but then bought hard copy too. Possibly not for a complete beginner. It helped demystify Spanish Grammar in a way other books haven't done as well - and I have a lot of books!! I particularly liked the use of acronyms - these really help, for example, to understand the when to use Ser and when to use Estar. Want to understand Spanish Grammar better ... buy this book.
on 15 March 2013
It's quite a thin book, but I guess it covers most of the questions a beginner has. Por or Para? Ser or estar? I keep it by my side to answer the questions my on line course has skipped over.
on 23 March 2013
If you have ever been stuck between Ser and Estar or when to use para or por, then this could be the book for you.
Although I am on my fifth year of nightschool Spanish, Ser and Estar still cause me problems. In this book Spanish Grammar is explained in terms I can understand and I refer to it on numerous occasions. I find it extremely helpful in all sorts of grammar. It is downloaded onto a kindle so I take it on holiday and it's always easily accessible. I thoroughly recommend it if there are things in Spanish grammar you can't get your head round.
on 16 December 2012
Bought for a friend who will absolutely love it. Definitely not for beginners, but the clue is in the name: Advanced Spannish Grammar!
on 2 February 2012
I was really pleased with this purchase. There were several area of grammar that were unclear to me which I now feel more confident with. Explanations are easy to understand and it acts as a good reference book. Very good value for money.
on 8 February 2014
An excellent book that has helped my wife on her college course. I would recommend the book to students studying Spanish.
on 22 April 2014
I would give this 5 stars but i felt it didn't cover enough information for me. But would recommend non the less.