on 9 January 2011
Bought this heater for my conservatory, as in the past it's proven to be unusable for 6-8 weeks during the Winter. It's allowed my family to use it as we would any other room in the house, even during the snow and freezing temperatures.

It warms the room very quickly (10 mins) on high, and then maintains a comfortable heat when turned down. Also, we've barely seen a difference in our electricity costs.

Can't recommend highly enough!
11 comment|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2012
Hi, after doing quite a bit of research, I ordered two of these heaters, one for downstairs and the other for upstairs. Both heaters heat the rooms very quickly. They are oli free, so less chance of leaks. Another good feature is that if you are energy conscience, they can be run at 2 different settings, 1.4kw & 2kw. We run both of ours on the 1.4kw which is ample enough. Three year warranty with Dimplex. Hope this review helps :)
0Comment|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 February 2013
Heats up much faster than our oil filled rads. Don't worry about the initial smell from new, it burns off after a couple of uses and then its fine.
on 24 January 2013
This works very well in a bedroom where it provides heat economically and compactly. You can move it around easily and it is not too bulky, for the price it is excellent value compared with others on the market.
on 30 October 2013
I use it for drying my clothes . :) it blows a really hot air vertically and dries any clothes quickly. PERfect for humid and wet season.
on 4 December 2012
This heater is about the same size as a traditional oil column heater. The cable is about 1.5-2m-long.

As the description explains, the heat output is very swift as it directly heats the ambiant air instead of heating oil first, which in turn heats up the air.

The main dial control is a thermostat, which has a freeze setting: if you leave the heater on with the dial on the star (freeze setting), the heater will go on if the temperature goes down toward freezing level.

The small control is divided in two buttons: the left one is the switch, the right one enables you to decide if you want to use the full electric potential of the heater (level II) or if you'd rather heat up the room more gently (level I).

In between there is a light which goes on as early as the heater is plugged on the mains with the socket switched on, regardless of the heater itself being on or off.

The heat output of this radiator is very good, especially as it does not dry the air as would a smaller fan-enhanced heater.
on 11 December 2012
I have recently bought the Dimplex OFRC20C 2kW version and it has just arrived today (with FREE delivery) given that I had ordered it on Thursday (5 days). It was very easy to assemble and plug straight in. I also purchased an energy monitor to measure how much electricity I am using so I can pay my fair share (which I imagine shouldn't be too much). On full power it is 2kW but this can be reduced after a few minutes to maintain the heat level.

The good points are that it gets to work straight away and I can feel the room getting much warmer, but if I am absolutely freezing I will stand next to it for a while and it feels great! I have a fairly Large room, and live 2 floors up in the attic room so it can get very cold in the Winter.

Slight downside is that it is smaller than the picture, and kind of yellow-grey colour, not bright white. And the cable is very short. Also unlike a more advanced model, this does not have a timer. But I purposely bought this one because a timer costs around £3 to buy separately.

And another annoying note, this product went down in price a few days after I bought it...I would say that for what it is, the product can be around the £40 mark..but I'm not too bothered because its great.

Finally It is a quite well designed heater that distributes heat evenly, the side panels conduct the heat well and in turn radiate well, but the top gives off the most heat. And the leaflet that it comes with gives an indication of the different power levels.
on 11 January 2012
This heater appears a little uglier than I was expecting. It's quite grey and chunky. However it does heat the room. Not as quickly as I was expecting based on the other reviews and I'm not sure how much it's costing us in electricty. If you stand right next to it you can really feel the heat rising, you can actually blow dry your hair quite successfully!
on 18 November 2014
Well all I can say is that I am surprisingly happy with this item as
it's really warm and heats up within minutes on full settings.

Also I was shocked that this item had arrived yesterday
(I had ordered the day beforehand!) as the
Delivery estimate was for: Thursday, 20 November 2014 - Monday, 24 November 2014 .
Now if only every seller would be this quick at delivering things. :p

Anyway I can say that from what I've experienced so far, I'd HIGHLY
recommend this seller to everyone.

Also this heater is something that I'd recommend to everyone who
are looking for a really warm and efficient. plus eco friendly as well
as being really cheap to run heater!
on 18 April 2012
Bought this item after reading all the reviews. You werent wrong people, it does the job. I paid £51.50 with free postage, the cheapest I could find on the internet.

my living room is 16x16ft and this little thing warmed it up in 20mins. I have an electric fire but the noise is so loud can barely hear the TV but this litle heater is quiet as a mouse but blares out the heat!
Its not the prettiest of things but the castors mean that you can move it out of sight when necessary. I havent noticed any nasty smells off it, although there was some steamy/smoke when I first turned it on, only to be expected I suppose. When you turn it off at the switch, it does remain in standby (typical of electrical items thesedays)

One small niggle is that the lead is not very long (about 3ft)but I can live with that. I dont know how much it will cost to use but will monitor electricty bills.
Update Nov 13.
This has totally broken down after one winter and despite having a 3 year guarantee its been really difficult to get Dimplex customer service to replace it as it is not in stock and they will not replace with another model, wants me to pay any difference for another model, which I would but the representative would not go through the models available with me, just referred me to the web site! Most difficult customer service ever. Will never buy another product from them.