5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrading from Vista
Having reached the point of almost tearing my hair out due to the sheer inadequacy of Vista, I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 32-bit version of Windows 7.

The whole process ran very smoothly and only took around three hours from start to finish. However, the really amazing thing now is that I've yet to find an app that worked with Vista but...
Published on 26 Oct. 2009 by Lager-lout

3.0 out of 5 stars A Working Version Of Vista
If I had upgraded from XP, I would have given this product 5 stars, it really is a very good OS - easy to install, easy to use, every program seems to run on it first time (so far!) and there's some very nice new features.

So, it's perhaps a little harsh that I have only given it 3 stars, but that is purely because, in my mind, I already bought this product 2...
Published on 3 Nov. 2009 by Buff

‹ Previous | 150 51 5255 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless - Totally Pointless, 2 Jan. 2010
Mr. Richard J. Baker "Rich B." (UK - South East) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Upgrade Edition for XP or Vista users (PC DVD), 1 User (CD-ROM)
I recently bought a PC with win 7 installed. I'm now 2 days into getting rid of it - so this is a negative reveiw...

On the up side I have to say it was very quick on the net, and it's a shed load better than vista - in that it's much much easier to delete.

Also on the upside, if you are looking for a media toaster to look at internet and nothing else then it's fast - really fast. Credit where credit is due.

On the downside my older software and devices (circa 2007), didn't work - at all. To be very clear here, I followed the advice - tried all the compatability modes (hah) - downloaded new software versions etc. To expalin how bad this is, I even tried to move over Msoft Office (XP) files and Msoft win 7 thought my data device was broken - ignore it and it sort of works, but anything non MSoft doesn't at all - it just tells you the data is corrupt ("no CD inserted" is getting boring). Surprise - I'm writing this with XP.

Older software on CDROM and win 7 just tells you it's a blank disk - not good.

In summary - if you want a (toy) internet browser, and you have no old data or devices, maybe it's cool - I don't know (I only persivered for 16 hours before I deleted). On the other hand if (like me) you have old data of value, and you are looking for a tool to do a job (non internet based perhaps?), you may want to think again.....

To delete it - into the cmos - set up your boot preferences to CD only - win XP CD then sees the hardrive as "non Dos" - delete non dos partitions and you are away...

Good luck and think carefully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows Vista out of the water, 28 Nov. 2010
I have recently upgraded from 32 bit Vista to 64 bit W7. Vista was rubbish and kept hanging but W7 is so much better. It is simply a working version of Vista, so why should we have to pay for the upgrade? Despite the cost it is worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Mar. 2015
effective

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
Very good

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Vista, 4 Sept. 2010
Cdr M. G. Hawke (Oban, Scotland) - See all my reviews
What a wonderful change to Vista and, so far, Windows 7 looks as good as XP. When I get to know it more it might even be better. If so I suspect I will change this PC to 7 as well.

Delivery was as prompt as ever. Many thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous Microsoft, 12 Mar. 2010
Mr. S. Powell (UK) - See all my reviews
Didn't work on installation. Spent hours trying to find ouy why. Asked microsoft for support. Farmed out customer support suggested I look at blogs online which I'd already done. Wasted further hours; you would think microsoft could have told me what to do since they asked me for lots of details about my system. Finally stumbled across the answer and got Windows 7 working. Now need to acquire an email program, a wordprocessor program and a spreadsheet program, and throw away my web cam.I only upgraded in the first place because Vista was so unstable and got screwed up every other week by microsoft updates. Yesterday I put the computer in sleep mode. When I woke it Internet explorer would not work!! Have already reinstalled two programs twice due to faults. Hope this is not how it will continue. I got a computer in the first place so that it would work for me. Mostly I find I am working for the computer to keep it running usefully.

1.0 out of 5 stars Budget Linux netbook faster than high spec Win7 laptop, 28 Feb. 2010
S. Music (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I did an upgrade from Vista. Not for me of course, I'd never touch that microcr*p again, but on my wife's laptop as she doesn't want to waste time learning how to use another OS. Now I can safely say Microsoft has made the world's worst OS again, and managed to charge us for the pleasure - again! Yes I know the full install works better, but that should not be my problem nor should they be allowed to sell something at reduced price and claim it is just as good as the full product, and then simply suggest you should pay them more to sort it out! 3GB memory, Nvidia 9600gt with 2GB graphics memory, 2x2GHz proccessors... Can't play Freeview via WinTV, music playback constantly interrupted, applications dissapearing, start up time almost as bad as with Vista...

So as it stands now, my budget netbook running Linux Ubuntu, is faster and far more reliable than the high spec laptop that isn't even a year old!

1.0 out of 5 stars Go and buy a Mac, 3 Dec. 2009
Dire, I bought this to replace the even worse Vista, net result, my computer worked faster, wasn't hard, but with so many issues, sound card worked sometime not others. My old laptop with XP was faster and more stable and that computer was 4 years older! So after all these years of using a PC I finally took friends and colleagues advice and bought a Mac. What a revelation, things work, straight away, I timed boot up, 30 seconds! I'll repeat that for Microsoft BOOT UP IN 30 SECONDS. With Vista and 7 i could go and make a coffee between switching on and being able use the damn thing. I am now wondering why I wasted all that money and effort with a PC and Windows, there are better products out there, I'd love it to work, but it just doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7, 11 Jun. 2010
M. L. Smith (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
What can I say, it's the usual microsoft product. I thought that it was simple to use, and basicly it "did what it said on the tin".
As usual Amazons' price and delivery were excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars windows 7, 2 Feb. 2010
C. A. Podd (Ipswich U.K.) - See all my reviews
good but still room for improvement like media player keeps losing music keeps and it glitching and other small little niggles apart from that it is an improvement on vista

‹ Previous | 150 51 5255 | Next ›