on 11 May 2009
I can't be the only cat owner who has done this...... I bought my `Boys' a couple of small teddy bears to chew, throw around, and generally terrorise. They took one sniff at them and wandered off to resume shredding my `posh' sofa. Not impressed, was I.

So, next day I bought a bottle of this brand of Catnip spray. I was dubious, to say the least. It doesn't seem to smell of anything at all, to my human nose. Imagine my relief when, having doused the teddies in the spray my boys went mental for them!

This stuff is fab!

My bottle has lasted me months on end, and it still sends `The Boys' into paroxysms of ecstasy whenever I spay it on their toys. Works especially well on ping-pong balls, as they chase them all over my flat in search of their `hit' of catnip. Good exercise for them, a good larf for me(!)

Well worth the money.

Naturally, `The Boys' still have a go at my furniture as well. But then again, what was I thinking ?.......
22 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2011
Great, my kitten loves it sprayed his new scratching post and hoped he would leave my carpets alone.. Didn't stop him completely but as soon as I sprayed he was using it straight away brilliant especially as he was scared of it.
on 2 February 2011
We adopted a shy, scared, 7 year old ginger tom from our local animal rescue centre almost 3 months ago. In all that time we have been unable to get him to sit with us on the sofa, he has always appeared frightened when we've picked him up and placed him onto the sofa. A friend suggested that we try a catnip spray, as they said it might help. Well, the spray arrived today, so I eagerly unwrapped it, sprayed it onto the offending sofa and his little mouse toy, called to my ginger tom and beckoned him towards the newly sprayed sofa..... but he just stared at me, as usual. So, I then picked him up (to his annoyance), and plonked him down onto the sofa and mouse toy, and WOW! He went to jump off the sofa again, like he always does, but then, suddenly, he smelt the sofa, and the mouse toy, and..... WENT BESERK! He lay down on the sofa (something he had NEVER done before), tossed the mouse toy into the air, and began to go mad, sniffing at the mouse toy and the sofa, rolling around, in very obvious ecstasy! If I hadn't witnessed it I don't think I'd have believed it! But there he was, our timid, frightened of his own shadow ginger tom, without a care or worry in the world, having a simply WONDERFUL time! I would highly recommend this item to anyone, it is obviously a real treat for your cat, and very funny and entertaining for you too!
on 2 February 2010
A few months back I bought a very cheap catnip spray which stank so much that even my cat turned his nose up at it!

Having seen rave reviews for Johnsons Concentrated Catnip, I decided to try it out in an attempt to get some of my bed back at night! The result had to be seen to be believed! Though it was oudorless to me, the cat went straight to the toy tunnel/scratch pad that I had tried it on. He spent at least 15 minutes just rolling about on the floor with his toy and got into some positions which I've never seen him in before. To put it mildly, he was in 'seventh heaven'! He is still licking his toy as I type this review.

I can't recommend this product highly enough - it's worth its weight in gold!!!Johnsons Concentrated Catnip Spray Cat / Kitten 150ml
on 24 June 2009
Supposedly kittens can't smell catnip, well it is not true as my kitten can. And luckily she can as it saved my soft furniture such as the sofa! I used the spray on the scratching post and her toys, it works wonders. Very good product.
on 24 December 2012
My cat absolutely loves toys with catnip but I have to throw them out when the smell disappeared. I saw this catnip spray and it seemed ideal for refreshing the catnip.
Well the person who should be reviewing this is Hamish, my cat.. I sprayed one of his fabric toys with this product and there was no reaction from him at all. I gave it another spray with the same result.
I am now wondering if there is any catnip at all in this can and Hamish agrees as it does nothing for him. Any catnip toy I buy him is immediately beaten to death and this stuff, no reaction so it must be extremely diluted if he can't smell it.
Very disappointing!
on 27 June 2013
I followed the instructions and used the spray in many different places relevant to my cat. It had NO effect whatsoever. None at all. That's £4.50 wasted. I bought it as it said it was ``concentrated''! Not sure why it said that. Useless.
on 15 April 2014
My cats do seem to like this, but again as with the No Scratch Sprays I've been purchasing, it's the length of period the effect lasts for that seems to be an issue. I feel like I'm having to spray this morning and night on scratch posts and beds in order to deter them from scratching where they shouldn't. I've had my cats for under 4 weeks and I've had to purchase another bottle of No Scratch as well as this Catnip - maybe I'm overdoing it, but if I don't spray, the don't seem bothered.

Other than that, they seem to be attracted to where I've sprayed, but it definitely doesn't have the "pleasure" effect some of the other reviewers have listed - not on my two anyway!!
on 7 June 2015
My cats normally love Johnson's Catnip. I thought I'd pick up a couple as the bottle I used to keep the scratching post enticing had run out. Unfortunately, what I purchased was completely ineffective, the cats ignored it completely. I thought it may have been tampered with as the product seal tape wasn't on the bottles. Then I noticed the expiry date... May 2010. This reminded me of the expired printer cartridge game. These are going back, I'll buy from the vet as usual. My faith in Amazon sellers takes yet another beating.
on 12 January 2013
My cats reacted immediately to this, just as they do with dried catnip. I sprayed their kitty condo tower as a test and they're currently climbing all over it, sniffing frantically and making their usual array of strange excited trills that they make when exposed to catnip. The smell is actually very pleasant (much stronger than regular catnip) so I'll definitely continue using it. My hope is to use it to encourage them to use their scratching posts instead of the furniture.

See one answered question