5.0 out of 5 stars The more imaginative DVD package I ever saw!!!
I have bought the Limited Magic Chest edition with "Charmed" Complete Series - Seasons 1 to 8.

Published on 3 April 2008 by Luis Miguel Lameiras

3.0 out of 5 stars just my say about dvd set
not very good quality thats picture and packageing i wish i had known i dont think they have better dvd quality films weather the leather case one is same any thanks thanks chris
Published 13 days ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars The more imaginative DVD package I ever saw!!!, 3 April 2008
Luis Miguel Lameiras "www.DVDpt.com" (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews

It arrived today and I was very well impressed with the work detail - the real wood and leather straps on the chest with all the 8 season packages inside and a rolled up scroll (that is an original certificate of the limited edition with a beautiful red tie the wrap it up, like a scroll with a magic potion :) )

As I have some times asked other for subtitles specifications (because I'm from Portugal and although I can understand very well english, it helps to have the english subtitles on the TV bottom), now it's my turn to contribute with good information about this great edition. So, I'm going to list all the information about languages and subtitles for all 8 seasons, because there are differences.

I also take the opportunity to kindly ask Amazon.co.uk that began to include subtitles information on the technical specs of the DVD editons. It may not be very important to english buyers, but it is to all the others.

There we go:

--//--

Subtitles:
----------
Seasons 1 to 3 and 5
English for the Hearing Impared, English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish.

Season 4
English for the Hearing Impared, English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish.

Seasons 6 to 8
English for the Hearing Impared, English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Excellent Boxset!!!, 10 Nov 2008
This is the best boxset ever, and best show ever. I have been a Charmed fan for years, and have been waiting for a decent price with a great design for the boxset. I had one before but it was the thin book of shadows one, which inside, the discs are just in crappy sleeves, and thats it, really poor design. This boxset is so more superior. When you open it up it reveals 4 boxes, each with a sister on it, and each box has two seasons in it. When you open this up, on the inside cover there is a list of all the episodes in that box, unfortunately no description of what that episode is about though. And then see-through flip parts with the discs held in it. It also comes with a great bonus disc with some interviews and making of, etc. The only thing I didn't like about this boxset was that you have to shove your fingers in the side to try to get a box out, but this isn't a big deal, just slightly annoying.
Given the other alternatives, with either poor design, or really expensive, like the magic chest one, this is by far the best. Also the ones I've watched so far have English Subtitles, so if you're hard of hearing like me, it's really useful.
If you haven't seen Charmed and don't know what it's like or what it's about then read on. The program is about 3 sisters who discover they are witches and have to battle demons. Every episode they have a bad guy, usually a demon to defeat, and along with that we share in their personal lives, through their heartache, job problems, and watch them grow as people as the series' continue. At the end of each season there is some form of 'big baddie' to defeat, and especially towards the later series these are full of explosions, drama, and varying emotions. In Season 4 there is a huge event, (I won't give anything away incase you haven't seen it but) another sister comes into the show. This show is very funny, sad, tense, and just brilliant. It's about good and evil battling, but also about the importance of family, and true love always finding a way. It's got great actors, great storylines, and a very very hot cast of both female and male hotties. With plot twists, explosions, drama, humour, and love this is by far the best show ever!
If you like programmes like Buffy, Angel, Smallville, etc, the 'good v evil, beat the baddies' kind of programs then Charmed is the boxset for you. I have watched each episode 15-20 times, and could still watch it another million. There are some great programmes out there, but sometimes you can only watch them a few times over, but not with Charmed, I watch it all the time and drive my fiance mad!
It's well worth the money, and the best out of all the boxsets to buy.
If your still not sure catch a few episodes on repeat on the Living channel, and fall in love with this series just as I did.
Hope this helps everybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charmed - quite literally!, 18 Mar 2007
Ms. Louise Legg "leggylou" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Wow my boxset arrived around two weeks ago and I was definitely not disappointed, the chest which the boxsets come in is amazing really good quality and limited edition so a must for all charmed fans.

I am quite tempted to just stay in forever more reliving all the episodes of charmed, but alas I have to work for a living so at the moment i am just up to season two, so i have around 156 episodes still to watch.

I would recommend this to anyone who loved the series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charmed Magic Chest Definately worthy of 10 Stars!, 8 Mar 2007
E. Howard "The Charmed One!!" (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
I got my Magic chest today and it certainly does not disapoint, the wooden box is really well made and makes a great collectors piece to store the ultimate collection, better than I expected.

This box set contains all the episode ever sold on dvd, this works out much cheaper than buying each series individually, so its also great value for money.

If your a charmed fan this really is a must, as it is a limited piece you will not regret it, hours and hours of witchcraft fun!!

Snap it up before they are all gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent compilation of a great series, 15 Jan 2009
Lilly Penhaligon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I actually purchased this for a friend but will definitely be buying one for myself as I love Charmed but find that the 8 separate box sets that I have take up a lot of room. This fabulous and compact box (it's a lot smaller than the picture would indicate) is just the right size for someone with not much storage space. The previous reviewer has provided a very accurate and detailed description of the contents so I won't repeat that. The boxset has been well made and presented, you can see a lot of thought and care went into it. Within the larger box there are 4 smaller boxsets each containing 2 seasons of Charmed - what I really liked about this is that the cds have been kept the same colour that they were in the original boxsets eg) Season 2= orange, Season 7=yellow so that you know which season you are in whilst working your way through each set. I also like the fact that each of the 4 sisters is represneted on the front of the boxsets - the last season didn't make any mention of Prue not even in the last episode so I think it's right they included SHannon's face on the sets seeing as she contributed a lot to establishing a great series. There's also a bonus cd - HUNT AROUND! IT's hard to see because it comes in a separate thing cardboard thing which I didn't notice for ages. THis has some extra documentaries about the making of CHarmed etc but more importantly, it has a documentary on The Men of Charmed -whihc, I'm sure you know, are GORGEOUS!
The only bugbear that I would have is that I would liked to have a leaflet thing that gave a short synopsis of each episode like you have in the paper sheathed boxsets. I find that really helpful in identifying episodes which i'm pick n' mixing and not watching an entire season all the way through.

ALl in all, if you are a fan of Charmed you NEED this boxset!!! Small, compact yet bursting wiht all the character of CHarmed, it's a perfect gift either for someone else or yourself! Well and truly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 145 is too much, 6 Oct 2008
you can get this for only 108 with free postage from an established UK site and its not a cheap import!!
Do not pay more for this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic,Classical Show! Buy It!, 20 Jan 2008
NAR (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Charmed is about three sisters who are witches...well that sounds intresting but not so convincing till you watch it that is! I have all 8 seasons of charmed and its such an emotional,action packed,funny show!

Charmed is one of them shows that grows on you and it definetely did grow on me. Charmed is not just a girl show its for everyone to watch and any age as well

Anyway as you go through the fantastic seasons tradgies happen as a sister dies (prue) andy dies etc. You see the characters grow on you and the show does get funnier and darker as it goes through the seasons it keeps you entertained with every episode.

The Charmed ones fight demons,warlocks etc weekly and there is some classical villians in this show which come back in later seasons

Anyway just to sum it up Charmed is a spectacular show and is a must buy for anyone of any age

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Charmed!!, 5 Jan 2008
S. Juniper "DVD Collector" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this boxset yesterday on Amazon for a staggering price of 117.97 which is unbelievably cheap compared to the other retailers which charge prices like 309 and 229.99. That is a rip off, buy from Amazon before the prices soar back up to the RRP.

I recently started collecting the Charmed Magazine DVD collection and realised it was going to be a lot of money in total but had just kicked into me after a few issues. That was when I discovered that I loved Charmed. Buying this chest special edition is cheaper than buying the boxsets individually and you get a great carry case with it. I have seen people pay 230 for these on ebay which is ridiculous. Season 8 costs around 30 - 40 alone which is like a 1/3 of this price, so you are getting your monies worth. I cant wait for the boxset to arrive and I think I will write another review when it does to tell everyone how good it is.
***** Stars (5)

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters favourite viewing for years - the great Book of Shadows boxed set, 11 Mar 2009
Keith_Joseph (West Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
My daughter (14) fell under the spell of the Charmed Ones three years ago and now has every season on DVD - it's probably all that girl power that attracts her and she was a dedicated old/new Worst Witch fan - although my son (10) happily watches Charmed with her (perhaps he secretly routes for the demons). Most of her Charmed seasons were recorded from Living TV re-runs on Sky but now we have this Ultimate 8 Season Set purchased from Amazon. Naturally the episodes are far nicer without 20 minutes of adverts. We missed the series first time around - so it's great to get all the episodes in one go. To find out more about The Charmed Ones than most people want to know, just search online - its handy as TV episodes never have the name of the episode in the credits, unlike these DVD set menus.

This set is great value: 48 DVDs, run time a massive 123 hours [5.1 days]. Plus you get some good extras [the same ones included in the US set], mostly featurettes: The Demons Of Charmed, Charmed Effects, The Men Of Charmed, The Book Of Shadows, The Power Of Three, Directing Charmed, and The Making Of A Monster - but we avoided watching these, as the ones included with Buffy gave away key bits of the seasons plot. The interesting 'unshown pilot' is safe viewing though. The DVDs have English subtitles and sound/picture is fine on a standard TV [picture format 4:3, not widescreen]. Note you can also buy this 8 season set as the 'Magic Chest Box Set' with all the DVDs being within an expensive wood/leather/velvet-lined chest [and a price tag to match]. This simpler cardboard boxed set looks good as well, with one DVD case per season, and it doesn't take up that much room [although I far prefered Buffys complete 7 season slipcase style and graphics].

1998's season one is naturally a great starting point and has the attraction of older sister Prue joining Piper and Phoebe, as they discover the Book of Shadows and become the 'power of three' (just in time as it happens). I have watched a lot of Charmed episodes with my daughter and I have to say that I really liked season 7 [and Paige] with the rise of The Avatars and their attempts to create heaven on Earth (e.g. `Extreme Makeover - World Edition' and `Charmageddon'). Plus demon Zankou makes a good baddie. The finale is pretty good as well (`Death becomes them'). This season really set the pace for the final [2006] season 8 when the `power of three' have to face their worst enemy and defeat the Ultimate Power. Ok the stories repeat themselves a bit (there must be around 160+ episodes) and some of the acting is on the `Victoria Principal' level with girly pouts and eye rolling, but it is all great fun. In many ways the series has a non-violent feel and little blood and gore despite the high body count (although there is the mystery of how does a flaming vaporising demon fail to leave a scorch mark on the sofa - the Power of Three even joke about it in later episodes). I'd ignore the 15 rating, they are more like a 12 max - our kid's PG rated 'Clubhouse detectives' film is far far scarier. Typical Charmed quotes: Piper,"Well, we changed the past to fix the future and save the present." Victor, "Wait, what was that?"

If your daughter (10+) hasn't seen any of Charmed before, I'd recommend it. Just tell her it's like `Buffy the Vampire Slayer' but with no Buffy and no vampires. Highly recommended for female offspring (and young males in touch with their orbing side). Other 'similar' complete season boxed sets for teenagers are Buffy the Vampire Slayer [first 5 seasons easily as good as charmed], Buffy's positively apocalyptic spin-off 'Angel' [we rate this as even a tad better than Charmed], The Dresden Files [great], and Supernatural seasons 1-3 [few special effects but easily the scariest here, and deserving of it's age 15 rating]. Also try them with classic 60's sitcom 'Bewitched' (seasons 1-5 with Dick York only) which is quite sympathetic with Charmed and a hit in our household. For under 10's there is the classic 'Worst Witch' series on DVD. So a great all 8 season boxed set of Charmed, only downside: being glued to the TV to find out what happens next episode as you don't have to wait a week for the next epsiode .....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - what a box!, 19 Jan 2007
simonpeggfan (Maidenhead UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm sure if you're looking at this you know how good Charmed is - and well worth the 5 stars, but the box it comes in is fantastic! I've just had the opportunity of seeing one for real and have a play with it - remarakable quality, possibly the best ever DVD packaging I've seen.

It's real wood, metal hinges and catches, and it's substantial rather than flimsy The pictures being used on here really are a good representation rather than something to tempt you but ultimately dissapoint you. Full marks to Paramount!!

The perfect present for a devoted Charmed one (hint hint!) ;-)

ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Charmed: Complete Seasons 1-8 [DVD]
Charmed: Complete Seasons 1-8 [DVD] by Stuart Gillard (DVD - 2009)
63.50