Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 30 July 2012
All the stuff you expect from Black Sabbath with Ozzy at his best and the others burning hotter than Hell backing him up. All their classics though there are a few more I can think off not on here but still a great CD for Sabbath fans or newbies. Great songs like Paranoid, Iron Man and War Pigs all the songs that the local boys TRY to play down at your local pub but NEVER really get it right. Don't waste money on the newer 'remastered' CD's they are no better than this one. Go on treat yourself you won't be disappointed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 November 2013
I'm currently reading "I Am Ozzy", and all of these songs are talked about in the book. On a couple, they somehow manage to remind me of Led Zeppelin. (I hope they're not offended!) Ozzy (John) Osbourne knew Robert Plant. This album is better than I could ever have expected. I just heard the overmixed thunder sounds in Black Sabbath that Ozzy talked about in his book. It's funny. While I was reading about Paranoid, I thought: I'll just stick that on the player. HUH? Not FOUND? But SURELY I've got it in a 70s compi SOMEWHERE?

Nope.

Not found.

Major shock! Must do something about THAT.

Right NOW!

Good album, this.
on 26 September 2009
My wife bought me Black Sabbaths greatest hits as a surprise and i was over the moon as i have been a great fan of them and Ozzie Osbourne for years. I certainly wasnt dissapointed as some of the tracks brought back great memories for me as i hadnt heard them for years.
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 June 2012
A 'best of' albrum from a legendry and iconic band. No doubt about it, this is a pretty complete collection. 'Paranoid', 'Children of the grave', 'Iron Man' etc, they are all here.

As with all 'best of' album, it comes down to whether you liked the band, or not. If this is your cup of tea, it is an absolute must have.
on 20 June 2009
Being an avid rock and metal fan for nearly 15 years now, and spending much of my free time searching for missing albums or EP's to fill in gaps in my collection, these greatest hits releases certainly to me personally are largely irrelevant as i'v not wanted to spend my money twice, for very often buying the same selection of songs spread across many of the albums i actually already own.

So for Album collectors such as myself will find very little in terms of value in this at all, however album completeists particularly Black sabbath crazy heads who must have ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING released by Black sabbath will no doubt include this in as well, (If only for this classic looking cover!)

Ozzy only fans of the black Sabbath era may well find terrific value in purchasing this as the song selection is quite good as "MOST" of the stone-cold classics from the ozzy period are on here, crazingly though missing out any tracks from the Sabotage album which is surely one of their best, why none from this album made it on here is beyond me! but at least we were saved from the poorish contributions on "Technical ecstasy" but then again though, so was the best of Black sabbath 2006.
This Greatest hits track listing is for the most part very good in my opinion, and it's main market would probably be directed towards newcomers to the band or the occasional fan, unfortunatly in recent years we have been awash with these best off's and greatest hits across the music board i might add, which sadly to say in many ways eclipses the value of this new addition.

But now though it has really got to the stage where they are starting to become pointless, there are now a bucketful of choices to choose from. This does at a glance look like a blatent cash-in to coincide with Heaven and hell's new album "Devil you know" (make up your own mind on that one!) but i guess the value of this greatest hits CD to you, will all depend really on how much of a fan you are, if your new to Sabbath starting here would definately be a smart choice to make.
on 6 July 2013
From the first chords of the first track, it is instantly recognizable as Black Sabbath, with Ozzy in fine fettle. An absolutely brilliant CD. I have been a fan forever, especially of the original line up and their early stuff. I think things went downhill after "Never Say Die" but this CD takes you back to the beginning, with echoes of all their best songs. I did not think them getting back together (with the exception of Bill Ward) would work with the passage of such a long time, but boy it has!! Well worth waiting for. Hope there will be more.
on 30 March 2013
Here on this CD you'll find the best songs from Black Sabbaths Ozzy years. It's great that Evil woman and The Wizard are on this album. I dont always like "greatest hits albums" (but I like boxes with severeal CD's and with booklets), but this CD have all the best songs from Black Sabath on one CD and the sound was great - almost like the good old vinyls I have from this periode. Its perfect to have in my car, so can I play my vinyls when I'm home. - I will recommend this CD to everyone who likes heavy rock!
on 16 March 2013
My father has always been an avid listener of rock music, and in recent years I've developed a taste for it too. This was pretty much my introduction to Sabbath. I knew some of the songs because of my father, but some of them I didn't know. So, if rock is your kind of music, or maybe if you've heard some Black Sabbath before but never really listened to them even though you think you'll like them, then I recommend this album. I found it was a great introduction to their music for me.
on 29 July 2012
no probs and great listening, head bangind days over but still brings back the memories and range of music tastes and moods. delivery and quality fine
on 16 December 2011
Golden oldies from my youth. Rock Classic tunes that never date .Great!!!! Classic stuff - early rock chick, check out Black Sabbath, Snowblind and NIB and War Pigs.