Format: DVD|Change

on 27 January 2016
I'm not a huge Who fan but this is pretty essential viewing to see Keith Moon up close and witness the full power they had in the 70's, all in nice 35mm. The Who's importance to British rock music, punk and Brit pop included, cannot be overestimated and it's clear that At Kilburn we had a band at their zenith.
on 26 April 2015
A really interesting DVD,the main gig at Kilburn is really good,despite the odd hiccup,the older one is In the opera house and the filming is prehistoric,sounds ok though.Well with a look,recommended.
on 20 April 2015
As for real as it get's for a `70's Who gig - warts 'n all and in your face. There's some previous comments here that are somewhat negative and I can only guess that these "reviewers" discovered The Who circa `89, by which time they were flawless and choreographed (thankfully they reversed that idea in 1999 and got back to a 5-piece). I also wonder what they're listening to this with as it really doesn't translate very well just using your flat screen in-built speakers.
I saw The Who with Keith Moon, 4 times in the 70's, each show different, each flawed and raw and with certain songs so powerful I would question why they would bother with a studio recorded version. The volume level of their PA was beyond belief and I remember my rib cage being hammered by the bass and not being able to hear very well for a day or two. You left the show physically drained and aching all over. These were small theatre shows in Glasgow, with the same PA as they're using at Kilburn. I went to one stadium show at Park Head (Celtic F.C.) Glasgow and stood well up front close to the stage. During the first couple of songs I saw people doubled up clasping their ears as they just couldn't handle the volume. My friend and I couldn't hear a word either of us shouted at each other in appreciation after the first few songs and gave up even trying.
Oh, yeah, a review of this show... why bother, it's very good indeed and for those detractor's on Moon's performance, let me say this - BS!
For those that don't know, Moon played to whatever Townshend was doing, one of the reason's why he never used a drum riser; for he didn't like them and most importantly for him, he had to see as much of Townshend as possible. I could not care less that he lost the place a bit towards the end of Baba O'Riley, I've got loads of bootlegs where exactly that happened, too. I detest that comment found in a "review" here that "he let the side down". So if you want to know what The Who sounded like on any given average night start here. I'll treasure this show forever.
on 20 November 2013
This is one of the best known and classic concerts from a great band. Very interesting for everybody, also for new generations.
on 17 February 2016
The who at the height of their musical powers.
on 6 May 2015