on 1 February 2011
For the first time ever during a computer build I had big trouble with Corsair modules. I fitted CORSAIR 4GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Kit to my new Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 MoBo and took a day or so to get the system past POST and booted up. Although Asus rated them as compatible, they acted as incompatible RAM. I consulted both the ASUS and Corsair forums for advice. Manual changes in the BIOS did not work. However, I was saved by the MemOK button on the MoBo and the excellent utilities on the MoBo CD that permitted me to AutoTune my board and thus the DRAM modules. BUT SiSandra rates them at 800MHz only! Windows Experience Index though rates them at 7.1.

In the Corsair forum there is a considerable number of contributors reporting difficulty with these modules. You might like to have a look at the info in the following link, especially the contribution of Slainthe Mhath:

[...]

Bear this in mind before ordering these modules.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AMD Sempron 140 OC @ 3.5, OCZ500MXSP PSU, Corsair matched pair TW3X4G13339A, WD 500Gb x 2, ATI Radeon X800 GTO, Creative Audigy 2 Z5, Logitech LX710 Laser keyboard/mouse combo.
on 10 May 2010
Arrived next day and worked perfectly.

Was very easy to install, the heat spreader on the top makes it a bit easier on your fingers when slotting it in and if anyone is interested, the Windows Experience Rating it gets in Windows 7 is 7.4
on 4 December 2015
Had to look on ebay and return these. The modern versions use a different bit size for the controllers so will not be compatible with Pentium boards over 5 years old or so.

There is literally one online article explaining this from Corsair.

Older boards of this brand need to be V2.2 or less.
on 23 February 2011
I first bought this from Amazon in Jun 2010 for ][. Now it is [], so I thought this is a cheap way to upgrade to 8GB. On installing beside the original memory in the 3rd and 4th slots on my MB (MSI 790FX GD70), the PC would not boot up. I swapped them round and everything seemed to work OK, the pc recognizing the full 8GB etc. However, I have since been plagued by random BSOD and reboots which I can only attribute to this memory kit. The part numbers were also different from the kit from 7 months ago. I did do a memtest boot disk check, and it did 4 passes overnight without failing. However, the reboots still recur. I will do some more digging on the part numbers and timings, but beware - you get what you pay for.

OK, I've now taken the RAM out and it has "Version 3.1" on the sticker, whereas the same item bought in Jun 2010 had "Version 7". BIOS settings are the same with one exception - the TRFC is different. Although they are all 9-9-9-24, there is a difference in the TRFC timings. The Version 3.1 chips have this at 160ns (107) and the version 7 are 110ns (74). Corsair recommend that you don't mix versions. Separately, the RAM works OK - no BSOD for the past week with the newer 4GB set, whereas before it was almost daily with the mixed 8GB. However, together they are incompatible. If you are purchasing to upgrade an existing system, replace all the RAM together so that it matches.

Still Ok after 2 weeks with no BSOD or memtest or Prime95 errors. Good RAM but just won't play well with other versions.
on 24 January 2014
I bought these to add to the 2 x 4GB sticks I already had in my desktop PC taking my total to 12GB.

Clock speed is 1333mhz so not the fastest but definitely more reliable. I have been running the original 8GB set up for over a year with not a single problem during heavy daily use.

Heres an answer to a question that I couldn't find when I was searching... You can use 2x4GB sticks and 2x2GB sticks together to make 12GB as long as the speed and timing are the same and your motherboard supports dual channel.

Good memory for a nice price.
on 13 June 2011
I've had these 2x2gb modules in my Gigabyte AM3 board for two weeks now (in dual channel mode) without any problems. They were easy to install.

They score 5.9 in the Windows Vista Experience Index. I wondered why they didn't score much higher (like some other reviews) until I realised that 5.9 is the maximum score in my Windows Vista operating system (the max in Windows 7 is 7.9). Doh!
on 7 December 2011
Bought this ram 4 weeks ago to sit alongside the DHX version I already have installed, it is the exact same memory but has a different heat spreader (I checked with corsair before ordering). This memory has a aluminium spreader with no fins. Been using the DHX memory with the fins for 2 years now and had no problems at all, no blue screens of death, lost data or anything. Running on a ASUS M4A78T-E motherboard. This memory runs in Dual channel, so is to be installed in matching pairs. Also if upgrading to or past 4gb of memory check that windows is 64bit, if its 32bit the maximum that version can work with is upto 4gb, you could have 8gb installed but would only work with 4gb. That is for Windows 7, for vista and XP I think its even less, you need a 64bit operating system. Go to control panel, system and will tell you there.
Done the video showing the box, memory and fitting to motherboard.
To Install-
Disconnect computer and all leads
Wear an anti-static wrist band (I always do)
Remove side panel of case and lay down case on solid surface
push back tabs on memory slots
Insert memory until it clicks in and when the tabs can be clipped up
Put computer back together again
on 15 January 2011
this is good ram with any AM3 motherboards at 1333 and not badly priced
would buy this again if needed
on 12 August 2011
Corsair are usually good so being presented with a matched set in the "purchase these three items together" I just trusted they would be comparable, they are the same type supported by the motherboard, but checking later they are not on the QVL(manufactures qualified vendors list), Maybe that's my fault? but I have purchased memory several times in the past and only gone with the type and speed supported not the QVL,

on mem-test each worked fine but together they didn't so they are sat on my computer desk collecting dust, not even tried sending them back, as 1,I threw away the packaging, 2, they probably work fine in any other motherboard, 3, I am too lazy,

1 star is probably unfair as its not the products fault there is an incomparability issue with the motherboard (ASUS M4A78LT-M LE)
just posted to bring it to your attention as Amazon recommend these two products together
on 25 March 2014
Added this 4GB to my gaming PC and it has allowed me to upgrade the playing quality by speeding up the PC and also allowed me to set graphics level higher... worthwhile upgrade if you only have 4GB. Now playing Battlefield 4 on Ultra High res only on an i5 :-)

See one answered question