5.0 out of 5 stars Super Keysonic
Keysonic ACK-540RF+ Black Wireless Mini Keyboard with Integrated Smart Touchpad I have had this keyboard over for a month now and after some of the negative feedback I was a bit apprehensive about parting with my cash.

Published on 1 Aug 2011 by DJ Saltire

2.0 out of 5 stars Eats batteries
I previously had the older silver model which wore out after 2 years hard labour and was looking forward to recieving this slightly smaller more modern model.
Published on 21 May 2010 by P. Wheatley

2.0 out of 5 stars Eats batteries, 21 May 2010
This review is from: Keysonic ACK-540RF+ Black Wireless Mini Keyboard with Integrated Smart Touchpad UK Layout (Electronics)
After 2 months use I can declare this newer model is unreliable (it loses contact with the pc) and requires turning off when not in use otherwise your batteries will be flat in 2 days, very disappointing, I would recommend the older silver model over this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Keysonic, 1 Aug 2011

Firstly the battery life is fine(not replaced yet), just don't leave anything on top of it, turn it off when you are finished and it should last.

Secondly the keyboard layout is great and responsive. I was a bit nervous as 25% of the enter(return) button is missing but I always hit it when required. I usually find my Del(delete) key at the top right of my keyboard, but this particlar board has has it to the bottom right next to the arrow keys.

The track pad is responsive and although the photographs seem to indicate that there is a built in page up/down on the track pad, there is no such thing. There is pgUp/PgDn keys if required to the right of the board. This particular also model has left and right click buttons below the pad.

It is a solid keyboard with solid keys and has a nice Matt Black finish so will go well with most black entertainement devices. I tried it on my PS3 and it appeared to work fine.

Although there is no number key pad, if you select Num Lock you can have a built in number pad which runs between the letter "M" & the number "0" which are coloured in blue next to the characters.

On the bottom it has 2 flips to give it an angle if you are working on flat surface. It also has an on/off switch & a pairing button. To avoid the need for pairing everytime, ensure the keyboard is off, switch on your computer, then your switch on your keysonic once your operating system has fully booted and it should sink straight away.

Well worth the 5 stars and the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 23 Nov 2010
S. Le Galloudec (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This product performed exactly as I hoped it would. Used in the living rom with a multimedia PC, no wires to trip over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mini keyboard., 6 Mar 2012
Mr. PT Farrell "PTF" (Chichester, UK) - See all my reviews
I've previously owned several mini keyboards, mainly because my desk space is always cluttered and I don't have room for a full sized keyboard. Most of the mini keyboards I have owned have been rubbish. If they were good for typing (their primary function) they fell apart after little use or lost contact with the PC or had some other horrible fault. Others I have owned were just rubbish to type on and were quickly recycled.

Last year I built myself a home Media Centre PC and my son recommended a Keysonic ACK540RF which I purchased in the silver finish. I found it extremely good to use with the Media Centre: it has a good range, a lovely touchpad and it worked straight out of the box.

So once bitten, I thought I'd try one for my main desktop computer. I purchased the black one this time and I cannot praise it sufficiently. Again it worked straight out of the box with no drivers to install. I do prefer to use my Logitech VX Nano mouse, so I have disabled the touchpad, but as touchpads go, the one on the ACK540RF is excellent and I could probably get used to it quite easily. And there has been no interaction between the keyboard and mouse wireless controls.

I've had none of the problems reported by others. Battery life is exemplary: the one used with the Media Centre which gets comparatively little use is still on the original batteries after 9 months: it is never switched off relying solely on the keyboard's own sleep function. Neither keyboards have experienced any problems staying connected to the PCs either. It is great for typing too with a good click, not too loud or intrusive and a just pleasant pressure resistance.

A good keyboard is a valuable asset: this one is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Keyboard, 9 Sep 2010
Very happy with this product does everything a keyboard should and more. Great touchpad not to sensitive. I have had this keyboard for two years still works perfectly very good build quality. Doesnt eat batteries if you use decent ones, I use duracell.

3.0 out of 5 stars great build quality.... BUT, 9 Jan 2012
My wife bought me this keyboard as a gift as i will no longer use a keyboard without a touch pad built in this is my fourth one but the first of this model.

The build quality is very good and the keys and touch pad are very responsive i can also say it can take a knock or two due to me dropping it twice and my two year old knocking it on the floor more than once.... oh happy days :)

however it loves batterys hence my 3 star rating using the ones supplied it lasted a couple of days , ok fair enough they are cheap batterys that came with it , so i put some energizer and duracell in these last on average 2 week both sets being brand new .

I have just ordered a energizer battery charger from amazon to combat the problem and this lead me here to my review.

great board but loves juice .

2.0 out of 5 stars oh dear!, 28 Sep 2010
such a nice little keyboard but batteries flat within a couple of days. Back to the drawing board!

5.0 out of 5 stars pushes all the right buttons, 17 Jun 2010
I got this keyboard/touchpad for my livingroom htpc i have a remote for the media center so this is just for browsing the net and do the odd bit writing part one of the job done.

It needed to be small & stylish abit bigger than A4 pad and matt black soft to the touch,and sit nice on my wifes lap. part two job done.

And finaliy it needs to save both my legs & the floor boards my livingroom witch is only 4.5x4.0 mtrs so the signal is strong were ever i sit,lets face it if you sit more than the range of 10m you must have one hell of a TV. The happy ending.

Well worth the bargin 28.99 i was lucky to found it for i would happily pay more not much mind.

P.S feels stong & sturdy and the key feel well placed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard, 3 Aug 2010
This keyboard is excellent. It does what it says on the packet. Have used it with a Smart Board and it works just fine.

2.0 out of 5 stars No way to disable tapping!!, 25 Jun 2014
If like me you find that the 'tapping' feature on keyboard touchpads is quite possibly the single most irritating (and unnecessary) feature ever in the history of the personal computer, Keysonic have found a way to make it even more irritating in that there is no way to disable it on this keyboard. Unlike Logitech wireless keyboard touchpads, on which tapping can be disabled, you're stuck with it on this one whether you like it or not.