on 19 February 2010
Although this toy is from a recognised children's toy company, it is a bit disappointing. There are very few magnectic shapes included in the kit and, as a previous reviewer commented, it comes with what is basically a tin lid (and a very flimsy one at that) to play upon! It does get the kids thinking about shapes and being creative, but it could have been so much better.
on 25 February 2011
Great toy for the price, my 4 year old had lots of fun making picures of elephants & cars & trains & all kinds. For the price it's really excellent
on 8 February 2014
This is a really cheap product. I thinnk it might be a buiscuit tin lid. The magnets keep falling out of the plastic shapes Sewell. Awful!
on 22 September 2010
My 2 and a half year old grandson, absolutely loves this simple puzzle. He loves sorting all the shapes and it is great at helping to develop eye/hand co-ordination. Brilliant.
on 30 July 2013
I was saving this game for a rainy day and was highly disappointed to open the box to a biscuit tin lid and a few cheap small magnet shapes. Not worth the money at all.
on 26 December 2010
My daughter loves this magnetic creative toy. It has not only helped her develop her artistic skills but she has also learnt about magnetism in the process, and has been fascinated trying to find which objects in my house the pieces will stick to.

My one grumble with this toy is that it is not easy to store if the box gets damaged/thrown away. It would be handy to have a little bag to keep the pieces together in. Also, the metal background piece looks like a biscuit tin lid, and being raised on the edges means that when my daughter stands on it it bends easy - but then again i have a very boisterous 2 year old!
on 15 July 2012
bought for a good price after trying something else from the galt range. My son who is 4 told me on opening it that he has this at his school so he started straight away making pictures using the shapes. He did enjoy it and its not messy. My only grumple is i would have liked a few more pieces and a better box to store it all in.
on 26 February 2013
I brought this for my daughter and friends as an activity during indoor play. With this you get a tin lid (like a lid from a tin of biscuits!) and 40 magnetic shapes and a sheet with pattern ideas. The children love it and they have great fun following the pattern sheet and making up their own designs (age 3+). My only grumble is that I had expected a more robust and solid magnetic sheet - not just a tin lid!!! You could very easily make this yourself - with either your own biscuit tin lid or a proper sheet which you can magnetise and some magnetic shapes.....! I would recomend this product - but only if you buy it at an reduced price!! I brought mine from the warehouse deals.
on 11 September 2013
The board which is supposed to be used to stick magnets to looks like a cover of a tin that cookies or sweets often come in- very flimsy, and actually looks like one has diy-ed the toy out of the sweets tin. My biggest problem with this item is that the little magnets fall out of the plastic shapes, making them unusable. When I first opened the package, there were already several magnets lying about loose, and more kept falling out. These magnets are really small, and in my opinion it's a choking hazard. This could be fixed by gluing magnets back into place, but I can't be bothered to do that.
on 31 May 2010
Very disappointing for the price paid. It is basically a flimsy tin lid with exactly the number of shapes you can see in the picture of a train, although colours vary. When I opened it, I put it aside ready to send back, but my 3 yr old son saw it and got it out to play. He loves it and always chooses this to play with so it has served its purpose hence the three stars.