on 18 May 2011
The face looks good (and has useful 'to" and "past" which is great for learners), but it is impossible to make the strap small enough to fit my chunky 6 year old; it is way too big, and when you try to force it past the velcro it doesn't sit at all well. I had to send it back.
on 17 October 2009
This product is good for learning to tell the time but the strap is far too long for five year olds. Also it would be better if the watch face had a light up facility which children like.
on 16 May 2011
I bought this watch for my son who has turned 7 to learn him the time properly. He was made up with the watch, velcro strap great to make it easy put on and take off, and the 'to and past' along with the little nunbers next to regular numbers on watch face make it so much easier to learn time and my son is coming on so well as a result. Great purchase works great for learning child time if not better than some of the more expensive options, as some don't have the same learning details on watch face. So definitely recommend as good value for money.
on 19 October 2012
After reading the other reviews I got my 3 boys this watch. If the watch was like the picture shown it would be a great kids watch. Unfortunatly the numbering showing 5 past 10 past 1/4 past is so small, If you buy this for your kids all you will give them is eye strain. What a pity. :(
on 28 July 2012
Bought this for my sons fifth birthday and it is impossible to make it fit as the strap is far too big. Watch itself is lovely but shame about the strap.
on 24 May 2014
After reading many many watches and not being able to find one that satisfied everyone I opted for this watch.

Most of these type of watches seem to have complaints about the strap being too big. This watch is no different. My son is average for his age. He turned 5 last month. The watch strap is way too big. However I just pulled it past its proper minimum setting and cut the end off. Other than that the watch seemed fine. The digits are fine. After wearing the watch about half a dozen times it broke today. One of the two pins on the face that hold it to the strap fell off at some point. Since it is lost the watch is now more or less useless.

Make of this what you will. I didn’t expect it to last long, but I’m still a bit annoyed. The wife said to send it back but at less than 7 pounds I don’t think it’s worth it.
on 20 February 2013
Purchased for my 5yr grandson and he loves it. It is a little big, but then there's plenty of room to grow which i think is better than being too small and not lasting five minuets. He has quickly grasped the concept of "to and past" due to the different colours and is coming on lovely with telling the time, however, if i have to say a negative about the watch it would be that the outer circle, 5, 10, 1/4 past....etc these numbers are very small, my eyesight and my grandsons are perfect and we have struggled with this. If these numbers were a bit bigger then the watch would be perfect. All in all for the price, a good little first watch time that develops time telling skills, builds confidence and responsibility for looking after a piece of jewellery.

Would recommend as a first watch.
on 13 November 2011
This watch arrived promptly and is exactly as pictured and described. My 5 year old son loves it, and now regularly tells me what time it is, after just a very brief description of how it works. I was realy impressed at how quickly he picked it up using this watch. The only thing he struggles with is what 1/4 and 1/2 mean, but that will come - and if it teaches him fractions too all the bettter!
The watch itself looks great, the numbers are not too small and the strap is about the right length, with room to grow. The velcro strap means he can do it himself and it's not too fiddly, as I imagine a buckle would be.
On top of all of this, it was very reasonably priced, but doesn't look cheap.
All in all, we are both very pleased with my purchase, and my son can tell the time.
on 27 July 2012
bought for grandson who is learning to tell the time and he finds it easy to use other watches had straps that are to big for his wrist but this one fits well. came well packed and quickly so all in all good
on 25 May 2012
My 6 yr old son found a version of this watch in lilac whilst we were on holiday in Orlando recently and refused to separated from it learning to tell the time in a matter of days. When we returned I bought him the red and blue version. The watch is good quality, if anything the strap, although Velcro fastening, was still a little too big for his wrist. My only criticism, and I only have myself to blame, is that I paid more for the postage than I did for the watch. Will make sure a check the correct box next time.