5.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Duffy
Published on 12 Nov 2009 by Ms. Laura Duffy

1.0 out of 5 stars Soft & sturdy but a lot of loose fur
Published on 12 Oct 2010 by Mr Pontipine

5.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Duffy, 12 Nov 2009
I bought this bed just a couple of days ago for my large tom cat and I must say it is fantastic. As soon as it arrived I put him in it and he slept there for 5 hours! I have bought several beds for my cat in the past year, none of which seem to fit him (they all seem to be made for small cats/kittens). This bed is extremely cosy and great value for money. The other good thing is that it comes in various sizes, so you can choose the right size for your dog/cat. It also came within 2 days of ordering, and I would definitely give this one a 5 star. I now have a happy cat who chooses to sleep in his own cosy bed rather than on my childrens' beds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Soft & sturdy but a lot of loose fur, 12 Oct 2010
I bought this for my puppy to keep warm in as he has short hair. He loved it as soon as it was put down. It is well made, which is just as well as like most puppies he scrabbles around in it a lot - and therein lies the problem. Loads of loose fur seem to float off the surface, he ends up with it in his mouth, eyes, and it spreads all over the carpet. I am constantly vacuuming it up.

He is only a small, light breed so he isn't tearing the fur off, I have watched him. It just seems to drift loose from the surface of the fabric as he plays in the bed.

I hope eventually any loose fur will stop and that it is maybe just left over from the manufacturing process and that I am not going to be left with a bald bed!

That said, it is a very nice warm bed with high sides and has a good thick pad on the base.

*Edited review - I have returned the bed as the fur did not stop coming off, and it was just lifting off so much my dog was choking on it, it was everywhere! Such a shame as a lovely soft warm bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Dog Bed, 25 Sep 2009
E. Cairney "Laney" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This is a really good quality dog bed. The materials used are first class the fur is lovely and soft and fluffy, the padding is excellent and the pad inside the bed is nice and full, it is completely washable and comes up nice after being in the machine, my dog absolutely loves his, infact it is so good this is the second one we have bought for him, just couldn't imagine him sleeping in anything else, he's used to the comfort. Buy with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow of a Dog Bed, 17 Jan 2012
Iv just recieved this dog bed in the post, so this will be my first impressions.

The fur is amazingly soft, so much so I wanted to try the bed myself, its very lucious to the touch. The outside is very much like a cotton mix material.

This is NOT a firm bed and the sides barely stand up by themselves, which if youv got a delicate dog recovering from ill health it maybe ideal for you. Also those dogs who like to hang over the sides of beds its ideal for them.

Its plenty big enough for my Cain X who is like a very large black Westie. He can lay straight out flat in it very easily.

NB BEFORE BUYING CHECK OUT INTERNAL DIMENSIONS (I found them on another website). The outside measures 34 inches but the inside is 26 inches. I think a medium sized dog would have plenty of space with a large breed like a Labrador could curl up in it, or flake over the edge. It would fit two small dogs easily (ie the toy breeds), a Chihuahua would disappear in its depths.

NOT for those dogs who at all chew their beds. My dog is not a chewer but he was tempted to give it a try, hopefully he wont turn into a bed chewer.

Under the cushion is just the usual wipe clean material, but Iv found with many other types of bed this does ware down over time, even before the edges. All the beds I know have this bottom, so it seems to be a thing everyone does - it makes us buy more beds!

The sides are nice and high, about 6 inches, so any dog can get low down into it and stay out of a draft. The sides would squish if sat on by the dog.

The bed is very light, I have a bad back and found it easy to lift in its packaging. It is in a plastic sealed bag and then the delivery bag, so scissors were needed to open it. I didnt pay any postage so no worries there.

I brought the size as I like to think it will last more then one dog. Iv not washed it yet so I dont know if the fur stays plush or ends up like the usual bobbles/teddy fur.

The other thing about the fur is that your dog maybe confused that its their bed, so Iv put my dogs blankets in there and he tried it out for size. His beds better then mine now.:)

For the price its brilliant, but I would have liked to see more stuffing to the sides (I can sew and will add some more if it needs it). I think it would work well as an insert to the large resin beds (Iv got one that has lasted 5 dogs so far and still like knew, I hope this one lasts as long).

It is a Wow of a dog bed, and I would have given it a five if only it had more stuffing on the sides.

PS: I have sensitive skin and have had no problem touching the fur or sides as yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clara loves it, 28 Jan 2010
paula (ibiza espana) - See all my reviews
I purchased this bed for my dog, its excellent quality and our Clara loves it,, lots of padding and very fluffy , the bed not Clara.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy EVER!!, 14 Jun 2013
BEST BUY EVER !! We have 5 animals (2 dogs, three cats) an they each have a Yap Peluchi basket ... and ADORE THEM!

Pricey? ... not for the sink-down-into luxury that these baskets offer. My cats especially seem to feel very safe and comforted by theirs (18 inch size). We have a Lab retriever and a Golden retriever who each have the 34 inch size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bed but not 18 inches, 25 Sep 2011
Bought the 18 inch bed for our pet cat even though it is dog branded (didn't like the colour of the cat one!) and while it is an attractive bed to look at and is quite well padded, the base is 15.5 inches across and 14 inches deep. Internally it is about 14 inches by 12, so if like me you measured your pet while asleep then please consider what size you need before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat nest, 24 Oct 2011
The cat that adopted us a few months ago has adopted this product with alacrity and relish. She will sleep nowhere else (apart from a shady spot under a tree when the weather is warm)and curls up in her new nest so that it is difficult to see where the bed finishes and she starts. Although she did not express the slightest gratitude for the gift, we shall have to take the generous view that somewhere in her feline being, she feels it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can we all have one please????, 19 Oct 2010
This review is from: Yap Peluchi Giraffe Oval Pet Bed, 22 inch (Misc.)
This bed is excellent. Very cosy and comfortable and exactly as described. It came really quickly too. Therre is only one problem with this bed.......I have had to order another one to stop my dogs fighting over it, they love it so much. Many thanks for a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Westie and owner!, 19 Oct 2012
I spent a lot of time looking at reviews from other purchasers of this dog bed prior to buying it myself, as I didn't want to get the wrong size or something that claimed to be washable but wasn't really. Anyway, I am delighted with it!! It arrived only a few days after I ordered it and, Max, my two year old Westie, loves it too. He can both snuggle up and stretch out in it, which is exactly what I wanted, so, having agonised over the decision about what size to get, I am very pleased that I went for the 30 inch.
The mattress bit is nice and thick and soft so I am confident that Max is very comfortable in it and the sides are high enough to provide something to lean on but not so high that he can't rest his head on them. Also, as others have said, the bed is not heavy so good for travelling with.
Of all the dog beds I looked at, and I looked at LOTS, this one had the best, consistent reviews and now here's mine, too.