Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 29 June 2009
Have used this speaker loads since I got it. I have since bought another one and a 35mm jack splitter so that I could have double the output. Great for some background sounds at a BBQ or picnic and also for travelling and camping as its so small. Battery life is good and its surprisingly loud for such a small speaker. Top tip - best quality sound is when you set the ipod EQ to 'small speakers'. Even managed to charge it at the IOW festival using a solar charger !
55 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2012
PACKAGING:
The outer wrapper was the same type used for books and games from Amazon, but in this case it was fine because the product's packaging is a sturdy plastic box (much like boxes for Apple products).
The speaker itself is suspended in plastic within the box.

CONTENTS:
Inside the box there is the speaker, a mini-USB cable and a quick start guide (not that it's really needed!).

THE ITEM:
The speaker itself is very small - about the size of a golf ball. When in use, the speaker can be expanded from a split around the middle to give it a sound box, making the sound better (Although I don't see it's necessary). There is a mini-USB slot on the side for charging the speaker's battery, a 3-way power switch and a plastic loop for attaching some sort of keyring or lanyard for safe-keeping. The power switch's three positions are 'Off', 'Half-Volume' and 'Full-Volume'. I usually find that half-volume is fine, even when the volume on my phone isn't on full. There is also a small LED to indicate power and charge status using two colours.
The audio jack is very short, but this enables it to fold into the base of the speaker when not in use. Helpfully, there is a tab on the side of the connector to help you remove it from its slot in the base, unlike my previous portable speaker. The batter life seems good from my use so far.
The casing is matte-black plastic with a black painted metal speaker cover.

CONCLUSION:
In conclusion, this portable speaker was quite cheap (around £8) and is incredibly small. It produces a very loud and good-quality sound considering it's size and price.
I have noticed that there are similar looking pop-up speakers on Amazon, but many have different details. I can't imagine the quality would be much different in these other products, but the Veho360 is a good buy if you want a good build quality in a small speaker.
review image
on 24 November 2009
The Veho 360 is a great little speaker ideal for your Ipod, phone, laptop, MP3 player etc for when you need more volume, the use of headphones or earphones is awkward or you want to share your sounds with others. The Veho 360 is tiny, just about 2/3 the size of the XML x-miniII. (See other review). This really can go in your pocket. As with the XML, it's rechargable and more convenient than typical docking stations. The sound quality is very good given the small size. For bass there is no substitute for air displacement but the Veho 360 does a great job with its long throw full range driver. Put it on a resonant surface like a wooden table and the bass amplifies well! The volume is impressive. There's not much distortion at high volume. Incredible value for money, great looking, fully loaded with all the adaptors you could want and beautifully packaged, the 360 is a great gadget. This gives the XML a real run for its money and is a good alternative if you want small!
44 comments|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2012
These speakers are actually as good as they say, it is loud, battery lasts long, gives good bass imho
they are worth the fiver i forked out for 'em but i wouldnt pay more than that.

Overall good speakers :)
on 15 January 2012
they are very loud when you want it just the lead is a bout 3 inch long i got a extention wire for 90p and its very good and bounces fine acros the desk
on 20 April 2013
Okay, so we all know that listening to music on our phones and smartphones isn't always the greatest experience when you've got those tiny speakers having to do a lot of work. I love turning up the volume when listening to music at home and this speaker does the perfect job with that.

Once you take it out of the box, you charge it with a mini usb cable (either via computer or plug it into a socket) for two hours and then you're good to go. There's 3 variations of the sliding switch - off, medium and loud volume. When I plug the speaker to my Sony Xperia Go phone with the volume up high, the noise is loud and noticeable. I can sometimes even see the silver bit of the speaker vibrate if I'm playing a really bassy tune.

The only downside to this product is the fact that for the amount of volume I expect it to produce, there is no way it lasts "up to 8 hours" on a full charge. On full pelt with the speaker and the phone volume high I'd be lucky to get up to two hours before the charge dies down. Also this'll probably be a minor niggle, but the blue LED light that comes on when the speaker is turn on is incredibly bright. I suspect you could use it to find your way in a dark room if needed!

Anyway despite all that, I would recommend this item; it's cheap, portable and easily rechargeable with a mini usb cable. And the sound that it produces more than exceeded my expectations.
on 5 December 2011
Amazing for the price but dont expect hi fi quality. Charges quickly and better linked up to a second mini for more volume and slightly better clarity. Wont fill a room with music but ideal for personal use or more background type of volume.
on 30 July 2010
This tiny but effective expandable speaker is about the size of a golf ball, and packs a decent sound when connected to an Ipod, cheap MP3 player or any small speakerless headphone radio. A wonder of modern technology and a boon for simple portability without sacrificing anything in quality output.

As I play a variety of rock, pop, opera, early music, choral and spoken word - the requirement for good reproduction across such a spectrum of sound is demanding; yet the Veho360 delivers.

Simple to recharge - just connect though USB cable to computer.
Quick to recharge - I have not timed it but it is usually within the hour.
Good Battery Life
Convenient and simple to use
Excellent Value for money
Excellent Sound

This is why I am coming onto the Amazon website to buy some more - as the family all want one now!
on 28 December 2010
The veho 360 is a great little speaker for someone looking for a travel speaker or just a little speaker to carry around for their phone.

It suprisingly has alot of volume especialy when it is put on a wooden table or sideboard etc.

all in all its what you would expect from it and much much more
on 30 November 2011
This is the first review I have written for Amazon but I felt this was such a good product I had to write one. I have just recieved the speaker - bought for going on holiday for a couple of weeks in the middle of nowhere, Texas. The sound is extaordinary for the size of the speaker and works perfectly with iPhone, IPod and IPad. There are three adapters for different audio jacks and a USB lead for charging which can go to a PC or straight into my USB charger plug. We play our gadgets through a Bose system and this sound may not be that quality but for the price and size I can't see how it could be better. Do read the (very clear and short) instructions regarding over charging the batteries as this can temporarily affect sound quality.

I highly recommend this product.