1,049 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal I've Seen!
These Hunter wellies are the best quality product that can be had.
The colour in the picture (Iris) is accurate and the price (£51.99) was extremely impressive - especially considering the unusual colours usually sell-out at the full price (around £69.00)

Published on 12 Jan 2011 by TigerLilly

2.0 out of 5 stars Hunter wellingtons
I have been wearing Hunter wellingtons for 40 years and they have been up and down in quality several times. Some years ago they got very thin and weak. Then they started making them in Scotland by a dipping process and these were very strong. These are characterised by rather wavy lines at the back, white plastic labels on the soles and especially by no seam in the cloth...
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by Mr. A. D. Ashley

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Money, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hunter Unisex-Adult Original Tall Wellington Boots (Apparel)
Bought brand new pair in August 2011, went back after about 4 weeks as the heel got a puncuture & started making Squelching noises, second pair supplied in Sept 2011, the heels have both worn down & have puncture holes in them, only wear to walk the dog approx 1 hour per day, not happy, would not buy again.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 7 Feb 2011
I've been wearing Hunter Wellies for riding and mucking out horses for the last 15years. In fact I still have the first pair as a spare which have been great. I purchased my second pair about eight years ago which have also been great and only got replaced 15 month ago due to been worn on calves after riding in them almost every day. However my last pair of Hunters where a present from my husband and right from the start they felt different, but I thought it was probably just me not being used to new boots. Over the last few weeks I started to feel dampness in my left welly and now I found a crack and it looks as if its about to perish more and more. After having read other reviews I don't hold out much hope of getting any satisfaction from Hunter customer service department. Ah well they will loose another customer and I will tell my friends how awful they are now.What a shame that another great British company has gone for the cheaper manufacturing option but still charging twice as much as some other wellington manufacturers.In these times of austerity Hunter would do well to remember their customers, and provide the quality they where known for. I suppose if your after a pair of fashion boots which you only wear to go to the odd festival or two, Hunters will fit the bill with their different colour boots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless..., 31 Dec 2009
Just recieved a pair from Wellie Warehouse. Only walked the dog around the block in light rain and both boots leaked. Out for about 30 minutes and got home with wet socks.They will be going back first thing tomorrow. A huge disappointment. : (

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Awful., 29 Nov 2009
A. Wheeler (England) - See all my reviews
I've had my Hunter wellies for barely THREE MONTHS and they are so far beyond useless it's almost laughable. Let's start with that legendary "Hunter Fit". It's only comfortable if you wear no socks on your feet and have bare legs - the ankle is so narrow that you can't fit any trousers in there and the foot is very very short and narrow. If you are foolish enough to buy a pair, get a size larger than you normally would. Another problem with the narrow ankle is that it pushes the foot far forward in the boot, making the toe area very cramped indeed. With such a tight fit, it's very very difficult to put them on and then take them off again - I hurt my back quite badly struggling to get them off. Then there's the reliability. Mine let in water virtually from the start, but now, only just three months after I got them, my feet end up absolutely soaked through whenever I go outside in so much as a light drizzle. I paid a lot of money for a pair of boots that I felt sure wouldn't let me down, but I have been left bitterly disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars hunter wellies now made in china, 18 Jan 2012
Iv'e been a wearer of hunter wellies for as long as I can remember,but the quality of them now is absolute crap,found out there now made in china,but still cost the same,didn't mind paying for quality when they were made in scotland, but never again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wellington Disgust, 24 April 2012
Having purchased these wellingtons just over a year ago. I was shocked to find the rubber becoming thin and the sole extremely worn with minimal use. The boots have split and AMAZON have refused to offer any compensation or replacement as the product did not appear faulty within the first 30 days.... Hunter are also unable to assist with the poor quality of their product as the boots are now over one year old. It seems as though Hunter will be relying on their name for a short period of time and customers shall be looking at more reputable manufacturers. Barbour do not seem to have the same problem....

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Deal I've Seen!, 12 Jan 2011
These Hunter wellies are the best quality product that can be had.

Would have liked to have known whether the boots run true-to-size; I had to look elsewhere to find out that most reviews say a size down would fit with normal socks but would possibly struggle to wear with thick socks.
I am normally a ladies size 6 (euro 39) so ordered this size and am very happy with the fit.

Extremely happy with my new Hunter Wellies. 10/10

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgraceful quality considering the Price!, 11 Jun 2011
Lynne (Gateshead, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these wellies believing as they were so expensive they would last a lifetime. Previously I have had very cheep ones from local supermarket which I have to say did the trick but I wanted ones that looked more stylish. Unfortunately like others have experienced they ended up cracking around the ankles and let in water after 12 months. Bearing in mind I only wore them over the winter very poor quality. I'll be going back to my cheap and nasty ones!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you have long thin legs!!, 31 Aug 2010
Lesley Helm "DivaChicken" (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
Love Hunters - but this model is only good if you have long thin legs else they will pinch the back of your knee IF you can get them on............best try Huntress

2.0 out of 5 stars hunter tall wellies, 9 Mar 2012
I was so looking forward to receiving these boots and delivery was amazingly fast, however the boots were a big disappointment. My old pair fit perfectly and allowed room for jeans to be tucked in. These were a very strange fit at the top, they pinched at the inner knee and gaped at the other side, so I had to return them. (I'm a size 8 - 10 so average shape!)