on 25 February 2010
We wanted a simple webcam to use over Skype and this one does exactly that. No need to install the software, we just pluged it in and Skype found it. The picture is fine and the microphone picks up normal conversation very well. The webcam rests on top of the laptop screen and the head can be moved up and down and side to side. One good feature is that the microphone is connected throught the USB, not through a separate cable. We're very pleased and would recommend it, especially at the price Amazon is selling it at.
on 23 February 2010
After doing a bit of digging around, I bought this based on good reviews for this model and it's cheaper sister, the C200. I've been very pleased with the performance - audio and video is great and for informal Skype calls, I'm not sure what else you would want. It copes brilliantly with low light levels (good exposure control), the video is smooth and the audio is amazing (often a problem with these cheaper webcams). The microphone is extremely sensitive - you can just chat normally. It was plug and play for video with Skype on a Dell PC running XP, though I had to change a setting before the microphone picked up - you can use Skype's own diagnostic tool to help you do this. All in all, very pleased indeed.
on 5 January 2010
At this price point it is an excellent webcam.

Easily installed and working straight from the box.

If you want the best picture quality you need to spend much more but this is well worth the money
on 15 February 2010
The webcam was delivered quickly and was very easy to install. The quality of picture is very good and for the price, it was well worth it.
on 27 January 2010
Low light conditions caused a really weird type of interference/noise on the video image. My guess is that this might have something to do with image processing and enhancement software. Uninstalling the Logitech drivers and just using the auto installed Windows generic drivers got round the problem albeit with pretty average image quality. Overall, I've used other Logitech webcams and products with far more success.
on 17 November 2010
I needed a webcam that was Linux compatible for a friends's Ubuntu 10.04 PC. This worked perfectly (out of the box) without any tinkering with Linux drivers needed. It works with Skype fine and the built in mic picks up sound well.

I am only marking it down to 4 stars because it is a little expensive for the spec of webcam. Currently, it is possible to purchase on Amazon the next model up (the C270) with a better resolution, for just a few pence more.
on 13 April 2010
a suberb little camera, sits unobtrusivly on top of my screen and gives a fantastic clarity of picture and sound, excellant inexpensive product, highly reccomended
on 30 June 2010
Great simple to operate webcam- good clear images- great camera at reaslistic price-no problems- I use it on SKYE simple to install.
on 21 May 2010
If you are expecting Steven Spielberg equipment look elsewhere, but for a good webcam for a great price this fits the bill. And remember, its often your broadband connection that will determine how well whatever webcam you have purchased will perform. For me this fits the bill perfectly - a good piece of equipment to keep me in touch with my mad mother!!!!
on 21 November 2010
This is a really good webcam at a good price.
The sound and picture quality are excellent.
The only niggle I have is the way the webcam sits on my screen.
It does sit on the screen okay but feels loose. If it was knocked it would easily fall off. Perhaps some sort of screw at the back in the design would make it feel more secure.
I've never had a webcam before so assume they are all probably the same.
This is only a small niggle so I would definitely recommend this webcam.