5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool
I have recently bought a bike and wanted a tool to have in my pocket while out and about. After a stressful period looking for the right tool that wasn't over priced, or too cheap, I saw this one and decided to take the plunge.

Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Woodwose

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but rusting already.
It's OK, a typical tool, nothing too special works as intended. The parts themselves are quite sturdy.
Big problem I have with it is the fact that it is rusting, I keep my bike stored in good conditions and the only time it gets wet is when I am cycling in the rain, the little carry case seems to love letting rain in and keeping it there to wreak havoc on the metal...
Published 16 days ago by Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: VeloChampion Bike 'Gooj' Multi Tool 18 with Chain Splitter and Carry Case. (Misc.)

It arrived very quickly and I have to say I am very impressed. I am a fan of the multi tool and own brands such as Leatherman and Victorinox. I would go as far to say that this is for quality on par. I have used it already and its sturdy in the hand and folds away quickly. the size and shape mean it slides neatly into your back pocket.

If I was to compare its size it is almost the same size as my Nokia 6700 slide mobile, just a fraction smaller in hight and width but slightly thicker. weight is not an issue for me as its only 209g. At the price you have a bargain; at the full asking price its still a good buy.

My one criticism... it doesn't come with a belt pouch! For a few pennies they could have added a nylon pouch so it was easily accessed from the belt. My solution as its remarkably similar to a mobile phone size, I will get a phone pouch and use that. all in all I am pleased with it and feel it will last for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 May 2010
F. Camilleri - See all my reviews
I hadn't ridden a bike in over 20 years, so when I bought a new bike, I wanted to be prepared for any eventuality on the road. After some research on bike sites and on amazon, I opted for this multi tool, especially since it has a chain breaker which everyone I talked to recommended.

When I received it I was relieved to find that all the nuts and bolts on my bike could be tightened and loosened by this tool. It also seems to be made of good quality material and is very portable. Unbeatable value for its price as well. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 3 Dec 2011
Unless you have an old-school bike with bolted on wheels, this robust and compact piece of kit gives you just about everything you need to carry out running repairs on your bike. Mine goes everywhere with me, which hasn't always been a good thing - the last one I had got confiscated going through security at Gatwick when I forgot to remove it from my bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 4 Dec 2012
This tool is absolutely a must for those on a budget, it's been great for my bike and odd jobs around the house, I'm often out on my mtb doing cross country. It's a little on the heavy side but it's of good quality I've had it for about 6 months now and has yet to fail me.

Pros:

Cheap, you won't find something of this quality cheaper.
Many tools for almost any job, and a very important chain breaker
slim design

Cons:
It's a bit heavy, so for those crazy about reducing weight this might be an issue,
No spanners, so if your pedals decide to take a different route to you there might be a problem.
The bag it came in is arse :|

All in all I would suggest this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 4 Aug 2010
I like to be prepared for as much as possible, so this tool looked great...and it is! Nice and compact but it's solid and well made, perfect for even a small seat/tube bag. A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any bike trip., 9 April 2012
Nearly the only thing you need carry on your bike because whether you like it or not there is going to come a time when something comes loose or breaks and you are going to wish you had the tool to fix it. Problems such as this become chillingly apparent when you're 20 miles from civilisation and the problem can be easily fixed with the right tool.

Having them all on one tool means you need never forget anything. If you need to do home maintenance then you don't need to worry about what draw you put tool x or y in and is it this size or this size after having found five different tools and then realising it's none of the ones you want.

Here they all are in one tool. Simple.

At first it feels heavy, but then compared to having all these tools separate it ends up working out at around the same weight.

It's a solid, well made tool and it's easy to get to all of the tools. It can fit in a pocket or be hidden in a pannier somewhere. Using the tool is easy, but there is some mild flex when levering especially stuck screws so be sure to hold its sides to reduce the stress on it. In most cases this flex is not an issue, but due to the inherent design it's only going to take so much abuse.

So far I can only count that it's missing the wrench to tighten the pedals as every other tool it has finds the correct place. Naturally it would take a skilled inventor to shoehorn this tool into a multi tool so you can't complain too much about that and this extra tool is inexpensive and adds little extra weight.

Don't be fooled into buying a cheap bike tool from your local big store as I found that they have a nasty habit of exploding when trying to tighten things.

In the end the tool is totally fit for purpose. Words are useless really and your experience may differ.

If you have no tools then this is a great thing to own because 99% of the tools are included. If you have all the tools it has then you might not need it and yet you may favour the convenience of having the tools in one handy tool.

For me it comes out on every ride so it's been a totally worthwhile purchase because it's kept me on the road, away from costly bike shop repairs and enjoying my bike. Breaking down is never fun, but with this tool you will be able to fix most common problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas present, 10 Jan 2010
Bought this as part of a Christmas present for my brother who is a keen cyclist. He was very pleased with the tool as it is quite compact and easy to slip into a pocket to take on a journey. Large number of gadgets should help with any servicing he needs to do. Order arrived very quickly and well in time for Christmas. Would definately order from this company again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy for quick use., 26 July 2012
Goes with the other tools and is always there for small and sometimes awkward jobs. Tough and fun to use. I just really like multi tools that are functional. This is one.

5.0 out of 5 stars indispensable bit of kit, 18 Mar 2010
Mr. S. Taylor - See all my reviews
After repeatedly breaking my chain somehow and being stuck I finally invested in one of these bad boys. Glad I did it is robust and portable and I don't leave home without it. Sturdy build assures me that it will be my companion for a good few years, the plethora of other tools means I probably wont end up pushing my bike home again.
I would highly recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact with chain tool, 19 Sep 2012
Like others, I purchased as this had a chain splitting tool which is very simple to use. The tool is compact and fits within a saddle bag with other items.