I have a large Canon LEGRIA HF G25 camcorder and was looking for a small easily carried shoulder bag to hold it. Although offering superior storage, the official Canon SC-2000 bag was expensive at the time, so I chose this cheaper Lowepro case which looked sleeker for outside trips and is a bit more anonymous if I leave it lying about. The inside of this Lowepro bag is around 23 x 10 cm x 13 high, and there's a relocatable Velcro divider wall (that can be removed, although I use it to make a small compartment for my three spare Canon BP-808 batteries). It's quite well padded throughout, offering decent protection. There's also two small 10x6cm pockets at each end of the bag that could hold filters, SDHC cards and a battery or two (a Velcro flap holds the stuff in), plus there's a pocket across the front that's ideal for printed manuals but that has no flap to secure contents when the main case lid is open. The outside of the bag looks all black with a bit of orange stitching trim. It's all very well stitched together and the shoulder strap is highly adjustable in length. There's a strange little loop/handle on top of the case, which being so small and at the rear isn't suitable for carrying the bag any distance.

The large case top is held down by a zip and a strange triple magnet system that grabs the flap as you flop it down (looks cool, but sometimes you have to fight a bit with it as you zip/unzip). The case is pretty much a perfect fit for my Canon Legria camcorder, and can take its large plastic lens hood if detached and rested on top. There's also enough room to place the transformer and 13A mains cable on top or below the camcorder when needed (although I put that in a plastic sandwich bag to prevent it scratching the camcorder). There's also the cute Chestnut Brown/Orange version of this bag, but as my camcorders black I opted for this one, with the clincher being it was £10 cheaper at £19. I like the bag, so 5*. My black/orange Lowepro Impulse 130 case arrived promptly from Amazon reseller The Tech Lodge. I've posted a picture of the case with my Canon LEGRIA HF G25 camcorder inside under customer images. One year on the bag is as good as new, although I do treat the case very carefully given the cost the camcorder inside. There's also a smaller version of this case: the Lowepro Impulse 110 for more compact camcorders.
review image
on 10 March 2013
I looked at the range of Lowepro shoulder bags to carry my new Panasonic X900 camcorder (dimensions 17 x 7.5 x 7.5 cm). The one I thought was ideal, appears to have been withdrawn as I could find no-one with stock (Edit 130). Most of the others were too short and more particuarly too deep. Then I found this new model and it is ideal.

For reference:
internal dimensions are: length 22.5, width 8.0, depth 12.5 cm.
external dimensions are: length (over strap fixing) 25.5, width (front to back) 12.5, depth (height) 16.5 cm.
weight 281 gms.

I bought the 130 model over the 110 as the extra 3 cm bag length allows me to divide the main compartment with the provided divider to take the charger and lead or, if I bought it, the 3D conversion lens.

The bag is light and easy to carry over the shoulder. It is well padded and claims to be shower proof. I had the Lowepro Edit 120+ for my old camera and never had a problem in the rain. I wouldn't want to test it on the moors in continuous rain though.

The only possible disadvantage is that the strap is not detachable, unlike most of the other bags in the range, As I never took the strap off my old bag, to me this is not a problem.

My wife liked it so much, she has ordered one for her bridge camera and accessories, but in the alternative colour so we don't get them mixed up!

For reference, my wife's camera (Panasonic FZ200) has dimensions 13.5 x 12 (without lens hood) x 10 cm. It sits in the bag, suitably divided, either lens down or, as she prefers for easier removal, on end with the hand grip at the top. Although the dimensions are slightly larger than the bag for width and depth, because of the flexible and padded nature of the bag it is not a tight fit.

An excellent bag and I have no regrets with my purchase. At the time I bought it, this bag was only £10, a 35% of the retail price and postage free. Even at the current price which is a 50% discount it is still a very good buy.
on 4 January 2011
Although this bag is intended for a camcorder, I bought it as a 'lens changing' bag when out and about with my camera. I have a Canon 28-135mm lens and a Canon 70-300mm DO lens for my Canon 500D SLR and this bag has the perfect space for carrying both these lenses and for changing them without having to put one lens on the ground, for example. The bag would carry a small SLR and one lens if required and has useful side pockets for extra memory cards/battery and lens caps. It is the usual Lowepro high quality finish, with a nice long adjustable strap.
on 14 March 2013
Originally I bought one of these bags for my new Panasonic X900 camcorder (dimensions 17 x 7.5 x 7.5 cm).

For reference bag details are:
internal dimensions: length 22.5, width 8.0, depth 12.5 cm.
external dimensions: length (over strap fixing) 25.5, width (front to back) 12.5, depth (height) 16.5 cm.
weight 281 gms.

A couple of spare batteries will go into one of the side gusseted pockets and the other will take any extra filters. The front slot pocket (under the magnetic flap) will take spare memory cards and the remote controller. If necessary, any extra leads etc. could be put into the bottom of the bag underneath the camera. The extra bag length allows me to divide the main compartment with the provided divider to take the charger and lead or, if I bought it, the 3D conversion lens.

The bag is light and easy to carry over the shoulder. It is well padded and claims to be shower proof. I had the Lowepro Edit 120+ for my old camera and never had a problem in rain showers. I wouldn't want to test it on the moors in continuous rain though.

The only possible disadvantage is that the strap is not detachable, unlike most of the other bags in the Lowepro range, As I never took the strap off my old bag, to me this is not a problem.

My wife liked it so much, she ordered one for her bridge camera and accessories in the chestnut instead of black. Yes, the beigy colour is correct even though it is labelled chestnut.

Again a couple of spare batteries will go into one of the side gusseted pockets and the other will take her extra filters. The front slot pocket (under the magnetic flap) takes spare memory cards The battery charger and leads, lens hood etc. fit into the the other half of the divided main compartment.
on 13 December 2012
Its very well made I love the magnetite's on it fast way to store if walking about videoing.
Bought for a Panasonic x900 nice snug fit with nice lining.
Only prob is after you got 3 batteries a charger etc soon run out of space so no room for a rode mic
if it was 2ice as long be perfect.
for the price its a bargain though 9,99 when bought
on 21 October 2014
I bought this after reading the reviews, for my Canon HF G25. It just fits, even with the hood and a big battery. There is a little spare space under the camera for batteries, or a small microphone.

The two end pockets are big enough for either batteries or the remote and spare SD cards. The front pocket is slim, but will hold a notebook. The bag is light and does not feel cumbersome. I like the magnetic catch as it is quiet, when compared to Velcro.
on 26 March 2015
Bigger than I thought it was going to be but that's worked out quite well because I also bought an Instax mini polaroid style camera and it fits in here inside it's case with room in the other pocket for my Panasonic HC-V160 camcorder. Also pockets for memory cards etc and the whole bag closes with a zip around the top on three sides and then the flap has magnets in it to hold it closed which is a nice tough.
on 5 June 2014
Great product, great value, I have 2 of them now. Just handy for cam corders. Nice magentic latch flap that allows quick access to the bag when you want to move quickly to capture on film (sd card) that magic moment!!
on 7 July 2015
Just what I needed for my Fuji XT-1. Fits snugly in with lens attached. Just room to squeeze a second small lens in with it plus a battery. It's all a very snug. Well made and not too obvious. Would recommend.
on 8 February 2013
Very convenient for the camcorder and the Lumix GX1 with the lens attached. The quality is great, the magnets on the lid is a very nice touch that makes it more comfortable to quickly open and close.