on 7 June 2011
I bought this as a christmas gift for my partner and it was his favourite gift ever! the set is very high quality, with a good heavy feel to the pieces and a brilliant leather case. I was tempted to go for a cheaper set and I'm so glad I spent a bit more, this set will definately last for years to come.
on 6 November 2011
I bought this as a gift, and the response was as I'd hoped. The set looks impressive and is good quality. It represents excellent value at the price.
on 14 February 2012
This set looks good, and is well-constucted and sturdy. The "stones" have a solid feel to them and the soft background means that play is quiet - useful in a public area, like the pub! We carry the case around a lot, and it transports the set easily without throwing the contents everywhere. We're very pleased with it.
on 25 August 2014
OK, I just got the package and I'm very dissapointed. I'm not talking about the finishing and the look (thats the only reason I gave it 2 stars).
It's just not good for playing backgammon. If you play backgammon regularily and you looking for a board to play on, go look somewhere else. The checkers are way too light, and the fields are sewn onto the surface with seams sticking out of it. This essentially means that you can't slide checkers on the board.
Any regular backgammon player knows that it's THE most important quality a backgammon board needs to have.
on 2 January 2013
Bought this set for Christmas as a gift. The person I gave it to loved it, much better quality than the one we had some years ago. The inside has a velvety feel to it, and the strips come in fake leather, so the tiles don't slip away, something that happens often on a wood board.
I think price-quality is very good here. And deliverd promptly.
on 19 January 2016
I was swaying whether to buy this set or not as mixed reviews but wanted one that wasn't wood so that it didn't make an annoying noise when throwing the dice on it - especially if we were away in a hotel etc.
Well.... I can honestly say I am delighted with it. The case is beautifully made (unlike some others which didn't lie flat), the stitching is perfect and the inside is gorgeous too. The checkers are blue and white and the points on the board are more teal and white. The box closes nicely so that it can be carried. I cannot fault it, and happy with Prime next day service. I learnt to play on 16 short videos on you tube by Ensor42 which are really simple to follow!
Well done on a great mid price range board that looks well made and not cheap.
review image review image review image
on 20 March 2015
I own the 18" version of this board, and to be honest, it isn't that bad. Yes when I got it the seams stuck up a little, but just running the counter up and down it made it flush with the board. I find it a fantastic board, considering it isn't tournament prices it does feel like a tournament board - believe me I have used some questionable ones in my time! I mean come on! It is under £50! Please don't let the other reviews sway you, this is a quality board that deserves your attention before - like so many great cheap Backgammon suppliers before them - goes bust! Board games are dying, and this one is a great price for such a usable set!
on 1 October 2015
I was somewhat disappointed by this item. While it is pretty good and is certainly useable, for the price I was expecting a little more for my money.

The playing surface is nice and the stones move around easily. The stones themselves have a pleasant weight and size.

However, my board does not open to a fully flat position and will slightly "rock". While not enough of an issue to hinder playing, it is irritating but not enough of an issue to go through the hassle of returning it and looking for another board.

Another issue I have with it is the smell. Wow! what a strong and unpleasant stink of vinyl (or something). Hopefully this will pass with time but, a few months down the road, it still pongs when we get it out to play.

All in all, if I were a regular/every day player, I would not be a happy bunny but as an occasional player, I can live with it.
on 24 February 2010
This is my third Backgammon in my life and i must said is very good quality backgammon.
on 25 January 2013
Better than expected! Well made and good quality counters. Better value than any similar sets in the shops. Great present for someone with everything!!