on 31 October 2009
I have had this phone since it hit Vodafone stores in May, and I love it!
It melts the best bits of a Blackberry and the iPhone together.
Jam-packed app store...responsive touch screen, a cool 'join the dots' unlock code you can create for security...direct photo/video uploads to Picassa, Twitter, e-mail, etc...a 3-screen 'desktop' for tiles you want easy access to...
I can't believe something so sleek and small can do so much!
on 29 November 2009
Swapped my N97 yesterday because of a whole host of various problems for the HTC Magic. On a scale of 1 to 10, the N97 gets a fat 1 and the Magic gets a juicy 10.
The phone itself is incredibly user friendly. Forget syncing your old contacts, simply update your gmail contacts and everything simply updates directly to the Magic.
Virtually all the apps are free!
The 3 home screens feature is great and the Magic runs the twitter, facebook and lastfm apps perfectly.
Highly recommended.

Cons - Videos/BBC Iplayer are a bit grainy and the camera does not have a flash.
on 4 April 2010
I have had this phone a year and have found little that the Iphone can do that this cannot.

The main negatives I have with it are:
The android OS has now spread to different versions on different phones, they are all getting different levels of OS upgrade and at different times. Some phones are currently running 1.5, some 1,6 some 2.0, some 2.1 and I cannot see it getting better. Add to the fact that different android phones having different screen resolutions and you have a bit of a nightmare for developers. It is showing in the application marketplace unfortunately which is a mess.
It can eat through a battery very quickly so you do need to manage it if you are going to be away from a charger. I've used up a battery in a couple of hours and also managed to make it last 4 days.
No multi touch. There is no getting past it. Multi touch is very useful.
Web pages aren't very quick and there still isn't the promised flash support.
I can text quicker with real keys.

Multiple email addresses, making calls and around 5% of marketplace applications are great. Facebook, weather forecasts, iplayer, youtube, music, calenders and task lists are all handled brilliantly. The operating system and the 3 page desktop is a joy to use. The camera on this device is great in sunny weather and rubbish in dusk. This phone is now one of the lowest speced android devices and I cannot recommend it.

In a year or maybe two, android devices are going to be first class but at the moment they are feeling like more of an experimentation than a finished project. I like using my phone but at the same time I keep finding things that are still in a state of improvement.