5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy Canon MP630 owner...
I own an MP630 Canon printer. Like everyone else, I wasn't impressed with the cost of replacing all 5 ink tanks; as everyone knows, this is where the manufacturers make their money and rip us off. So I very cautiously looked at my options with compatibles, which (probably quite rightly) have earned a bad reputation.

I'm big on my photography and top of my list...
Published on 7 May 2010 by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars bad cartriges
got the 5 set cartridges... NONE of them recognized by my canon Pixma MP560!! terrible product. Some reviews say its ok and a few others say the cartridges are not recognized. is there an issue with batches!!???
Published on 17 Jun. 2011 by bad product

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy Canon MP630 owner..., 7 May 2010
Paul (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5x Canon PGI-520 / CLI-521 FCI Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges (Contains: 1x 520BK Large Black, 1x 521C Cyan, 1x 521M Magenta, 1x 521Y Yellow, 1x 521BK Small Black) Double Capacity Inks (Office Product)

I'm big on my photography and top of my list of priorities was print quality, I can't really compromise on this and would have to stick with Canon inks if the compatibles didn't perform the same or better.

After much research I decided to run with these compatibles. I already had an A4 colour print using my Canon inks and Canon glossy paper, using a professional high-resolution test image designed specifically for testing printer and ink/colour performance. I replaced my Canon inks with these compatibles and repeated the same test on the same paper.

The results are outstanding, identical to the original Canon inks if not better in a couple of areas of the image! Amazing. Tones are bang on. I'm now testing ink fade by placing the two images in direct sunlight for a while and will update this review if I see any degradation.

The inks came well packaged, branded as "Computer Essentials" and are made in China. The tanks themselves seem to be the same build quality as Canon's, complete with ink guard (which needs to be twisted off before use) and chip to inform the printer and PC of ink levels. Perfectly straight forward to install.

I'll certainly be purchasing these again in future. Printing all of my colour photo's just got a lot cheaper.

Hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars ink for mp630 cannon printer, 7 Nov. 2009
A. hardy (Dumfries Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was very happy with my purchase. I had previously bought compatible ink up town but then discovered that I had to remove the chip from the original and attach it to the compatible. I did not manage to complete this operation successfully so that purchase is no good to me. I thought I would be forced, in future, to buy the originals but decided to give compatible ink one more try. I went for the cheapest option I could find that claimed to be pre-chipped. The order arrived next day and I experienced no problem whatsoever with the installation of the ink and the results have been more than adequate.I will buy this ink again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 26 Feb. 2010
I'm going to start by saying that I can see in a difference in colour when using these or the official Canon inks but it is so very slight I don't mind at all. You have to consider what it is you are print as to whether you will be bothered and I think most people aren't needing to be that precise (and unless you're the sort that calibrated your monitor and/or camera as well as your printer then it all comes down to a little bit of hit and hope anyway) - the point being most of us just want prints that are good enough.

I had excellent service from this buyer. Very quick delivery. Even what one of the inks that arrived had burst inside it's bag, their no-quibble reply to my problem and speed in getting my out a replacement was excellent. Can't fault them at all.

I will be buying these again for my MP980 - for the service from the seller and because you save soooo much money over buying the official Canon inks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon MP640 Replacement Inks, 20 April 2010
I bought these back in February to replace the original Canon inks delivered with the printer. All individual tanks have a chip which worked no problem, the printer recognised the inks without kicking them out as unknown replacements.
I have used these inks for a variety of different jobs including direct DVD printing and photo printing and I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. I couldn't see much, or any, difference from the originals.
I'm definitely going to use these again and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone looking at great value replacement inks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inks at a Great Price, 12 Mar. 2010
This is not a technical review; I am just a consumer trying to save on the silly prices that manufacturers are asking.
OK, you've bought your new printer, but now you have discovered that whilst the printer is relatively inexpensive the ink is going to cost you a small fortune!
Thinking of buying some compatible ink cartridges? In the past I have purchased some of these ink packs - the print quality wasn't too bad but couldn't match the manufacturers brand and also found they ran out in no time.
Then I bought these for my Canon MP620 inkjet printer. I must admit I was rather apprehensive but now I wouldn't buy anywhere else! These inks are excellent, in my opinion better than the manufacturers and have lasted at least as long if not longer. One of the problems I have encountered in the past with compatible inks has been with the printer software, which kept giving error messages and sometimes caused problems. I have never experienced this with the First Call cartridges.
There was a company I used a year ago - it took two weeks for my ink is to come! The service with First Call is second to none and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to any of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised !, 24 Feb. 2010
Mr. G. G. Clewlow (uk) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased the replacement cartridges and have been pleasantly surprised.
My canon pixma printer has been getting quite a bit of use lately due to the arrival of our first grandson and my wife showing the latest pictures around family and friends.
Installation of the cartridges could'nt have been easier.
I've now printed off approaching fifty various 7 x 5 photos and personally i cannot tell the difference between the canon original cartridges and the first call inks cartridges, colours are true to life and i have no regrets at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you thought non original inks were inferior then THINK AGAIN t, 7 May 2010
This review is for a full set of Canon Pixma MP560 replacement inks

Like me you may have thought that non branded ink replacement cartridges were not a viable proposition - Well I'm glad to report that these inks are in fact a very worthy replacment and of course far more cost effective than OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Replacement Ink Cartridges

These were extremely well packed and were equally as easy to install as the original cartridges had been
I can't see any difference at all in the quality, colour or tone of these inks

Also I've got to say the delivery was very fast and overall i was very impressed
plus the more you buy the cheaper they become
Great Product at a very keen price
I will certainly buy these inks again

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and superb service/delivery, 4 Jan. 2010
G. J. Richardson (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Unbelievable value - and cartridges print just as good as originals. Order arrived very promptly. Can't be faulted and can highly recommend this supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly, 2 Dec. 2009
Mr. J. Humphrey "Jason" (Haywards Heath, UK) - See all my reviews
After using First Calls cartridges in my other printer I thought I would give theses a try too. Worked straight away and no difference in print quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and price., 24 Nov. 2010
Amazon Customer (Watford, England) - See all my reviews
The inks were purchased as for a new Canon Pixima ip4700 colour printer. The inks supplied by Canon with the printer lasted quite awhile, which is unusual these days, but as usual the ink tanks that came with the printer were only 1/3 full - how do the printer manufacturers get away with such deceptions !!? Anyway, as to these ink replacemnts, all I can say is that they are fantastic. Quality of ink and colour prints seem as good if not better than the Canon inks. The ink tanks are well built and full of ink, so no short changing here. These ink tanks contain the correct canon chips, so works perfectly with my printer. The ink tanks arrived safely packaged and were easy to install. Great quality inks, at a super price.
How can Canon justify charging 3-4 times more for the same ink !!!!???
I would recommend these inks to any canon pixima owners, don't bother lining Canon's pockets, get these replacemnt compatible inks, and save yourself quite a lot of money in the process.