4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I neeeded
I needed to extend the drain hose on my new washing machine so I could pull it out without having to disconnect the hoses. This did the job perfectly. The connector was a tight fit, but I popped the hose ends into a jug of hot water for a few minutes and they slipped on quite easily.
Published 16 months ago by Megsmum

2.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointing
I bought one of these from Amazon on 24th March 2014. It was a fantastic product. The connector to join to the old hose was an integral part of the extension. The size of the extension at the discharge was the same as the original pipe and so perfectly fitted the outlet on the sink drain pipework. Jubilee clips were provided.

I easily installed a washing...
Published 11 months ago by Brian H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I neeeded, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 1.5m Drain Hose Extension For Washing Machines & Dishwashers (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a fair price, 11 April 2011
I needed an extension kit for the drain hose on our dishwasher and having trawled the internet, decided to buy this one. Delivery was nice and quick and the kit is exactly as pictured in the photograph. It's easy to fit and looks built to last. Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, a proper extension, 23 Jan. 2013
I've had a lot of trouble with extension waste pipes, as normally the ones you buy have one end that is the same as the original pipe, and thus fits any connectors etc properly, and another end that is a different diameter, and thus DOESN'T fit any standard connectors. That's not an extension, it's a long, useless converter!

This is the ONLY extension I've found that has the same sized rubber bits at both ends, which is an absolute godsend. It also comes with all the stuff you need to connect it up, exactly as shown in the picture. It's all very good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On, 24 Oct. 2014
Coincidence Vs Fate - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
We had a new kitchen fitted this summer and finally had room for a dishwasher. The builder fitted it for us and attached a 2M extension to the built in drain hose of the dishwasher. It worked fine, but the hose was so long that water wouldn't drain from it completely. I ordered this - my local homebase only had 3M extensions - and although only half a metre shorter is a lot better and the water seems to drain ok - most of the time.

Everything I needed was in the kit including the all important jubilee clips. Good price too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly different sized ends, 24 Dec. 2014
T. Hughes "Narf" (Cannock, UK) - See all my reviews
The first thing to be aware of is the slightly different size ends of the hose 19 and 21mm. I'm not sure why the difference, but there you go. The other thing to bear in mind is the neck of the hose is too short to allow you to push the plastic connector in all the way so the use of the included jubilee clips is essential.

However, even with all the above, it creates a good water tight seal and does just what you need it to. The two enclosed jubilee clips allow you to seal of both sides of the connection for peace of mind and I would have no problem recommending it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drain hose, 17 April 2012
S. C. Beck "UK Stephen B" (Thornton Heath London) - See all my reviews
This kit was totally fit for purpose. It came with all the necessary parts for easy installation. It was promptly despatched and was delivered well packaged. A good price for a good quality kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy hose extension, 12 April 2014
K. Bennett (England) - See all my reviews
Arrived promptly. Parts exactly as described. Hose is the same type and quality as the one fitted to the washing machine. Went together quickly and easily. I was initially reluctant to get an extension hose as I was worried about the possibilities of leaks behind the kitchen units, but the join is secure enough to give me confidence that it will be problem free.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointing, 4 April 2014

I easily installed a washing machine with it. Brilliant!

That was a five star product, and I was so impressed that I ordered another for some future use. My experience is that if you find a really good bit of kit like this it has either been discontinued or redesigned to be less good when needed in the future.
I ordered another by going to my past orders on Amazon and clicking on the product I had ordered before - the page even told me I had ordered it before.

This morning a pipe arrived with different sized ends (of a type I could have got in B and Q) together with a separate joint component - nothing like as good as the same product I had ordered two weeks ago!

To be fair to this product, I am sure it would be fine for the sort of drain that hooks over a discharge pipe rather than connects into a sink outlet. It's just when I ordered the same thing from the same Amazon page within two weeks, I expected to get the same product.

I noted when I looked back at the orders that, despite clicking on the same Amazon item, the first had been supplied by Direct Discount and the second by Ezeefix.

I can't give a star rating to this as you will either get a five star or a one star product depending on which random supplier decides to send you which random product. I gave it two stars just to flag this up so others can be aware of the lottery they are entering.

I am as disappointed about this as one can realistically be over a washing machine outlet hose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 14 Feb. 2015
Product exactly as described and as illustrated. Having followed a tip given by a previous reviewer - namely to place the ends of the hose in hot water to make them more malleable before connecting them to the unions - I was able to fit the hose without any difficulty. We no longer have a damp under-sink cupboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 17 Mar. 2014
Really pleased with this item , the extention hose was of good quality , the fixings at either end are , slightly different , in that one end is larger than the other , but this suited me fine ,just what i wanted, easy to fit . up and running in 10 mins .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›