on 7 April 2010
Fantastic price - arrived within 3 days of purchase. Very easy to use and heats up very quickly, great for my fine hair. Can't do without it!
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2010
Have used this model for years. Can't fault it. Am about to buy my umpteenth one. Would be darn near hysterical if this model was withdrawn cos I can't manage with a handheld brush and normal dryer. Always have 2 on the go, one being for hols. The plastic "gun-barrel" (as opposed to metal barrel you get on other similar models) means you don't burn your fingers as you wrap or hold hair around it. The instant heat is great, better than waiting eg for a Braun hot-stick to warm up. Personally, I never use the thicker optional barrel that can be fitted, so it's wasted on me, but the diameter of the "as-it-comes" barrel is absolutely fine.
22 comments|210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2009
Having been thoroughly disappointed by the last hot brush I purchased, I was thrilled by this one - it is hot enough to dry towel-dried hair, the handle is just the right size to hold and manipulate, and the brushes work brilliantly. 10 out of 10 !!
0Comment|190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 February 2010
Brilliant! I've always used a gas fuelled travel styler, but they pack up after a while. This is instant heat and my hair looks tons better! Wish I'd bought it years ago!
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2010
Really easy to use and does the job of creating a very smooth professional hairstyle in minutes. So good I purchased another one for my sister who lives in France.
on 26 February 2010
Excellent styler if you're too cack handed like me to use a brush in one hand and a dryer in the other. As the brush turns easily I was even able to use it with a broken wrist.
Sassoon VSHA6471UK Tangle Free Hot Air Styler
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2012
My purchase of the Sassoon Tangle Free Hot Air Dryer is my first foray into the complex world of electrical hair styling implements, so unlike many reviewers I can't compare this product with similar models currently on the market. I bought it from Amazon because it was cheaper than anywhere else, (even if you include the postage), and chose it instead of the Babyliss version or any other more expensive gizmo because I didn't want to pay a lot of money for a product that might turn out to be of no use to me. My sister got the gene for thick, wavy, sensuous hair - mine is fine, limp, flat and floppy (think Hugh Grant's fringe). On a bad day it looks like a third-rate toupee. I'm really pleasantly surprised by this product and now regard the money I paid for it as a worthwhile investment. Despite being majorly cack-handed (yep, you guessed it, it seems there was only one gene for manual dexterity and my sister got that one too), I can get what I laughingly call my `bob' to curl under now instead of just hanging off my head like a badly-hung curtain. Better still, I can inject some body and volume into my locks which, with a few judicious squirts of some firm-hold hair spray, lasts all day. Yippee!! Take heart, all you Hugh Grant look-alikes, we too can have pneumatic hair! This little darling is worth eleven quid of anyone's money. More effective on damp hair than dry, mind.
55 comments|150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 February 2010
This hot air styler is exactly what I was looking for. Most of the time, my long hair is put up; but I needed something that I could just blow dry the fringe with that didn't blow the rest of my hair around. Using the smaller of the two brush heads, does the job admirably. I would recommend this styler to anyone; and great value for money.
on 21 October 2014
IT MELTED!!!!! After receiving this heated brush I decided to try it out. After less than one minutes gentle use the wand holding the brush in place, which should have been an integral part of the handle just fell on the floor. On examination I found that the wand had completely melted off the handle! Potentially very dangerous!! 10/10 for Amazons handling of the situation though!
review image
on 31 July 2013
I bought this to take on holiday, but after trying it out once I had to take it back.

I have quite thick, shoulder-length hair, which got all tangled up in the brush, even though I was using the bigger brush head, and when I eventually untangled it from my hair it made really tight curls at the ends of my hair, rather than creating volume. The brush heads are really hard plastic, and the bristles quite sharp, which gave it a cheap feel.

I was very surprised by all the good reviews, but a lot of people said that they were on their umpteenth one, which made me think that they don't last very long.

On the plus side it is very quiet, and is lightweight.