Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£1.79+ Free shipping

on 9 June 2011
I read the only other review for this product, which suggests that these gloves will entirely protect the hands from thorns - they do not, and at such a low price, I did not expect them to when I ordered them.

The gloves were quickly delivered, and as quickly tested by me on blackberry brambles. Whilst the palms effectively protected my hands from thorns, the glove fingers did not, or at least not for the mature thorns. However, to give the gloves credit, they did a reasonable job, and more importantly they fitted my large-sized hands without difficulty.

Overall, these gloves are very good value for the money (I paid £[] including postage), and they will probably suit most gardening jobs. BUT - if you want truly thorn-proof gloves, you will have to pay more.
on 14 April 2014
Ok - at 1.70 delivered how bad can these be! Bought from a partner (Super Utensils) these arrived quickly and seem pretty tough. However they are a random assortment of stitching/colours/fabric. They will serve a turn in the garden definitely (& if not I'll update this) however my gut feeling is that paying a little more next time might be wise.
on 1 January 2014
Well they seem to be good thick gloves, although they are put together like a patch work quilt. The gloves I got are in various colours. They have a very strong musky odour. I bought these to work on the allotment with. Working with chicken wire to grow vine veg up and to create tomato cages. I have a wooden shed to help put together and as my plot has never been grown on I have a lot of grass to remove and with all this I need good gloves to protect my hands. It is winter now so won't be using them until spring breaks, so I can not tell if they fall apart right away or last a life time. But for the very low price I paid, if they do fall apart I will only be out 3 pounds for 2 pair. Can't complain about that. They say they are large. I am a woman and have medium sized hands and they fit about right for me. So if your a man and have large hands you may find these gloves are to small or very tight for you. But as I said if you buy them and they don't fit, 1 pair is less then 2 pounds and free shipping (atleast from the seller I chose) so it won't break the bank.
on 22 April 2014
The gloves are of varying quality depending on the source company.
Bought 3 pairs, ones from Home Star Supplies were excellent with thick, supple leather (obviously off-cut scraps but well sewn).
The pair from Super Utensil was far inferior in the quality of leather and stitching - avoid.
on 10 May 2014
Absolutely lousy quality gloves - these appear to be made from stiitched together pieces of waste leather/fake leather and not only do they smell horrible but pieces of leather coating keep falling off in small scraps from the surface. They are not comfortable to wear and they look cheap as well. Do not buy these even at the low prices, it is just not worth it. Trust me!!!
on 25 March 2013
These are very inexpensive,so not too much of a surprise that the quality of manufacture was a little inconsistent. I bought two pairs. One fitted my husband, (who has large hands) well, but the other had badly stitched fingers so was not so comfortable. However at this price you can`t really argue over a few faults. One delightful aspect was the range of leathers used. The gloves had a lovely, patchwork, glam look, with crocodile skin and gold amongst other colours and types. I guess the look and fit are rather pot luck, but I will buy these again, as we get through so many gloves.
on 10 October 2014
Already torn along seams so not for for purpose. Contacted supplier several times without response. Avoid - rubbish.
on 21 August 2015
I bought 5 pairs of these to try out, I work on a 30 acre estate so good gloves are heavily used and hard to find. The cuffs let these down, very flimsy and didn't last a few days, if you get them wet the stitching comes out really quickly, maybe 6 hours. I won't be buying any more.
on 19 December 2014
The leather used is very very stiff, you need to be king kong to move your hands in them
on 5 May 2015
The worst work gloves I have ever used, really uncomfortable, flimsy, ugly, smelled terrible. Literally disintegrated when put through a washing machine making everything stink of dissolved plastic for ages.

Possibly the worst product I have bought on amazon.