5.0 out of 5 stars if you have only one, make it THIS one
I have "discovered" Bonamassa with this album and I have been totally impressed and seduced. It is a top mix of rock, acoustic, blues, etc, with good vocals and exceptional guitar that sounds like ... his own style but tinted with Beck (intro to "Django"), Clapton, even BB King at times ... basically all the good influences.
So after getting this I bought all his...
Published on 15 Oct 2008 by Ramses

3.0 out of 5 stars The world is full of "great guitarists", but...
There have of course been many good guitarists - past and present - so, for me, the question is not: how good is so-and-so? (partly because that is impossible to quantify), but more: does their playing move me? Are they able to communicate some real emotion with their playing? The concept of the next great guitar hero has long since bored me - give me good bands with...
Published on 21 May 2010 by Mr. A. J. KNEALE

5.0 out of 5 stars if you have only one, make it THIS one, 15 Oct 2008
So after getting this I bought all his previous CD's and in the end, this one live album remains my favourite. You could be satisfied with this one only. Great guy, who succeeds in standing out in the overcrowded "blues rock guitar" arena.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an Album!, 28 Mar 2009
An amazing live album from Joe, having seen him live this album perfectly captures his awesome live sound.

If you want an album with mind-blowing solos and bluesy-rock riffs this is the one. Filled with long solos and combinations of different songs any guitarist will be impressed with his talent on guitar, easily one of the best of his generation (IMO). Compared to earlier albums you can see a massive improvement in Joe's vocals aswell.

His live sound sounds so much more impressive than studio recordings, so I would definately recommend this album to anyone just getting into Joe or also existing fans.

Can't wait to see you at The Sage & Royal Albert Hall Joe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when I thought I had tired of the guitar hero..., 29 Mar 2009
C. A. J. Chilley "obsidian" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
along comes this album and forces me to totally rethink! That this guy is good would be an understatement and that his band rocks needs no further words. But perhaps what amazes me most about this album is just how together it all feels and how lyrical some of the solo pieces are. High spot for me is the double track "India" and "Mountain Time" without any real low spots. And then to finish with a Tull and Yes classic combination - well, this guy has it all. Listen and enjoy - this is guitar playing set at 11!

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST GETS EVER BETTER, 29 Aug 2008
J. M. Green "john94682" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Live from Nowhere in Particular

The delays to the release of this album only served to heighten the expectation when it finally arrived on the doorstep!
Now, JB has been making fine, fine blues/rock music for many a year but is now only just starting to reap the rewards of some very hard graft indeed, but the constant touring has honed his guitar and vocals and ability to "wow" a crowd to the extent witnessed here! Garnered over several gigs, this wonderful collection of JB favourites is all a music fan could ask for, whether they be a Bonamassa disciple or not. From start to finish, this album delivers, maybe not as manic as his earlier live album but nonetheless, it keeps your attention throughout with rumbling blues, pounding rock and frenetic acoustic when JB declares "Let's have some fun!!" He takes no prisoners.....
Ball Peen Hammer, One Of These Days, Sloe Gin, High Water Everywhere, New Day Yesterday all delivered with verve, style and above all power. Certainly I would have to consider this as being among one of the best Live albums that I own (and I have a lot, collected over 45 years!)
For any newcomer to Joe's music, this is a brilliant starter, for the faithful, I am afraid it's an absolutely "MUST HAVE!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe is the Eric Clapton of my generation....., 30 April 2009
I am sad to say I only came to listen to Joe Bonamassa recently and bought his latest album, ballad of john henry. Loved it so much that I went out and this CD and 2 other albums, and love them all.

I saw him Live in Glasgow on Monday there and I was stunned at just how well he can play his guitars......and also his strong vocals. He really puts his heart and soul into his music and it leaves you in awe.

For me Joe Bonamassa is the Eric Clapton of my generation, and certainly deserves his rising fame.

I look forward to seeing him again later in the year when he will be playing in Edinburgh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding !, 1 Sep 2008
A. J. Sudworth "tonysudworth" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This album is so damm good its been played almost continously since I got it. I saw Bonamassa on the lat UK tour and have tickets for the next one and this album is such a good reminder of the blazing music from the first tour.
He is on fire on this album with some of the very best of his stuff (and as ever the cracking bits from Zeppelin and Yes. Standout tracks (from a very very good bunch) are 'Just got Paid' , 'Sloe Gin', and 'Bridge to Better Days' - and just listen for the fluid guitar playing on 'Django' - Dave Gilmour has some serious competition - and admirers..
Its the sheer consistency that comes across here - of course he could select from all the recorded tour dates - but this is a great cllection of live (and this is my ultimate yardstick - can he do his stuff live ? ) ,material where the guitar work is sublime, and how his band hammer out a great sound. If you like Blues or Rock or a mixture then this will work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Live Album, 25 Sep 2008
Having owned all of JB's albums to date I was a bit worried this might be a bit of a waste of time. How wrong I was. The live version of Sloe Gin in fantastic and Woke Up Dreaming is probably the best acoustic track I've ever heard - purely from a playing perspective. Can't wait to catch him live. Highly recommended album - buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST BLUES ROCK SETS EVER, 27 Aug 2008
P. Clack "pete" (WITNEY, OXFORDSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Joe Bonamassa is already one of the best guitarists ever in the blues rock arena.This live release proves that beyond any doubt,I would go as far as saying he could well be the best since Jimi Hendrix.His tone,his creative playing just develops with every release,he's an original,even on blues covers he breathes such a freshness into all he does.His other strength is his voice such depth and soul there it just totally compliments his playing.The band now with keyboard as well,is just awesome the way his band has developed is quite remarkable to now being surely one of the best around.The set recorded on his 2007 tour is a mix of blues classics and songs from his albums,the most recent being the truly stunning Sloe Gin from last year.
This album will be played for many years to come,if you like classic guitar played as well as its possible,here's your man,a band as good as it gets and Joe's fabulous voice on truly great material this is it.You will not hear a better album by anyone anywhere this year,buy with absolute confidence,this is a world superstar in the ascendance,this is the man who will take over ultimately the Clapton mantle ,boy wouldn't it be great to get them together,it would be pretty wonderful.
A fabulous set not to be missed,FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must be the best live album I've ever heard, 30 Aug 2008
I. Bates "Ian B" (York England) - See all my reviews
Hadn't heard of this guy until I heard Paul Jones play a track on his Radio 2 programme (Mondays' at 7pm) about 8 weeks ago. Ive had it on back-order since 1st of July.
Its really difficult to make up my mind about which tracks i prefer. My favourites must be India/Mountain time (made the hairs in the back of my neck stand up, Sloe Gin.(miles better than the title track version on Sloe Gin its self)and Django/Just got paid.
Was it worth the wait? Of course it was. Absolutely brilliant. Buy it, you won't be disappointed. Even the wife likes it, and she's a soul fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars In Particular - Superb, 29 Mar 2009
Joe Bonamassa is still unknown to many Blues and Rock fans in the UK. Both groups should buy or blag a listen to this seering performance of the guitar genius live. From the riff driven opener of 'Bridge to Better Days' through to the cornucopia of sound of 'A New Day Yesterday/Starship Trooper', Bonamassa displays the full range of his amazing dexterity on the fretboard and his gravelly but likeable vocal. At times you can almost imagine the guy shredding the tips of his fingers as he strangles the strings to deliver a note.
'India Mountain Time' is around 9 minutes of pure Blues guitar heaven, while the triple segue of of the brilliant 'Sloe Gin, One of These Days and Ball Peen Hammer' rumble along like a train on greased tracks.
Mid way through CD2 Joe and his worthy cohorts have some fun on the jam of 'Django and Just Got Paid'.
If you are one of those that have heard about the man but have not heard him. Put that to rights and buy this album!