4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!
As someone who sits in-between the "hardcore" and "casual" categories of gamer, I thought I'd buy this on the strength of the Official Nintendo Magazine review, which gave it 80%-odd.

And do you know what? I think it's a blast.

Published on 13 Oct. 2009 by P. McCormick

3.0 out of 5 stars A game of two halves
After having bought this game I can see the arguments for both sides.

If I were a PS3/Xbox 360 playing 16 year old and I bought this, I would be gutted.

Published on 18 Oct. 2009 by Mr. Steven Mairs

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, 13 Oct. 2009
P. McCormick "Large" (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)

And do you know what? I think it's a blast.

I've owned the other FIFA games on the Wii, and I'm afraid I don't have the patience, the memory nor the dexterity to get to grips with the control combinations, and don't particularly want to sit through a realistic football simulator for a "real-life experience", as quoted from a PS3 review (I'd watch Sky Sports for that).

This is an arcade-style game - nobody's trying to make out it's anything else.

But having played it for a good 3½ hours last night, I'll be going back to it tonight - because it's fun!

If you want serious football simulators with more options than any person could possibly remember in an entire lifetime, go out and grab a cheap X-Box, or a PS3. If you want a bit of arcade-style fun with your mates over a few cans, I really don't think you can go far wrong with this one. And that's what the Wii is all about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the young un's, 25 Oct. 2009
Amazon Customer (West Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
After reading some reviews about Fifa 10, I thought i'd add mine, i can see why some more experience gamers may dismiss this game as simplistic, it is! But my 7 year old son loves it, it has introduced him to basic team changes, tactics etc.The transfer section is also a bit far fetched we've just bought Ronaldo and Cassillas(?) from Real Madrid but again for younger gamers it's kept his interest alive. A great arcade game but no simulation.

3.0 out of 5 stars A game of two halves, 18 Oct. 2009
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
After having bought this game I can see the arguments for both sides.

My son - 4 - and I play this. He loves the game and it is one we can play together. The presentation is cartoon like, the graphics basic, etc but this is the Wii. It is a family console and this game is a simplistic version of FIFA 10 a 4-year-old can play. If you want the Full HD, just like playing in real life experience then don't buy this version. But then this is the Wii. If you want to have a laugh with the family, then you won't go far wrong.

So I will give this game too star ratings. The first is as a serious gamer - 0.5 stars. The second as the thirty something father of two boys - 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, 1 Dec. 2009
Mr. N. Begy - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
Im not a huge gamer, and do not have the Xbox etc of this world. I got the Wii for me and my son to play who is now 5. We play a range of games, Mario Kart to Tiger Woods 10.

For what we want it for it is perfect. He can play with the intuitive controls and Ill play with the nunchuck, which normally leads to good games.

Yes, it has it problems. Tackling leads to fowls if from behind, free kicks are too easy to score etc etc. But, we have a great time, so what I bought it for ticks all the boxes.

4.0 out of 5 stars FIFA 10, 15 Oct. 2009
Mr. A. Print "print, northants" (Northampton. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
I bought this game for my 6 year old and he loves it, because he can score goals. yes it is arcade like, but the Wii was built and advertised for multi play and for getting families involved. Nintendo know their core market and they have aimed Fifa10 Wii at this market and it will please those young kids who just want to enjoy seeing their heroes scoring goals and easy free kicks.

PS3 and XBox Fifa10 is just to hard with to many options and buttons for your average 6 year old to cope with. if you want graphics, hard gaming then get a PS3 or X box. if you want to have fun with your kids, score loads of goals, then get a Wii and Fifa 10.

3.0 out of 5 stars FIFA 10 (The updated version from 2009), 11 Nov. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
Well, when I decided to buy this game . . . I did have hopes that some missing tweaks from the 09 version may have been added to aid it's actual gameplaying qualities.

But I've since come to the sad conclusion that those who are actually creating these games, have either, (1) Never really played actual football - (2) have never watched it, at all - (3) Just do what they're told when given things to put into it . . .

As the Management side of the game has almost disappeared completely from the original 09 version now (sadly)- Instead of the former upgrades available to buy, or players, (with proper cash). You now have a star rating system of buying & selling players. While any upgrades, or whatever relating not to the team itself, have simply vanished!

Yes, the quality of the actual game itself on the pitch is better than the 09, and there are a few additions as to boosts gained from managing successful targets, etc . . . But where are the small things! You can't zoom out far enough to see the whole pitch to see where they all are on it, even at kick-off. And, just who is scoring so many goals for your team while you're playing, as you quickly forget just who is scoring as you play. It's time they named the scoring players and sent off players, etc. (I wonder if the 2011 version has done that yet?)

And I must admit that having the Goalie movement on the (-) key instead of the (+) (or even another, on the wand is a pain! As more often than not, it's the Wii home key you do hit and you end up on the Wii Menu instead! (Come on programmers - sort that out at least! Don't you even try out your games yourselves!!!)

Anyway . . . if you're more into the Management side of football, then it's not a great example seeing as there's very little to do on it in that way now. If mainly a player of the game itself on the pitch - then at least you'll have some fun with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Game - Good GAme, 3 Jun. 2010
S. P. Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
The game arrived in time and perfect condition, have only watched the game to date as my sons won't let me on it. The commentary and realism is excellent, and seems a pretty easy game to control. There are plenty of choices of teams, stadium etc. Weel worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Oct. 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
Having read various Fifa 10 reviews proclaiming it the best football game ever, I decided to take the plunge against my better instincts and get a footy game on the Wii. All I can say is I should have listened to my instincts. I can only presume all those glowing reviews are talking about the XBox/PS3 version, because this one is clunky and just plain annoying. Controlling the players is cumbersome and not at all silky smooth as you might expect. In fact the control in general is no better than Fifa games I used to play back on the PS2 about five versions ago...in fact it's probably worse. Too much of the control seems random and down to luck, rather than requiring any skill. Trying to win the ball from goal kicks in particular seems impossible. This being the Wii you expect the graphics to be below the standard of those other platforms, but what you don't expect is the gameplay itself also to be in the toilet. Avoid at all costs - mine's going on ebay hopefully before everyone realises what tripe this game is.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game for the family, 30 Jan. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
I was given this as a christmas pressie by my wife who didn't think I would bother that much with it but I think it's brilliant !! I actually make time to play the game almost each day to get my wee fix !! I can see why serious gamers poo poo it but really if you have a young-ish family they will have great fun.

my daughter (12 yrs old) and I play it and I play battle for glory which is one of the manager type games and you can buy players from all over the world for your team. if your team is further down the leagues you wont be able to buy messi straight away you will need to improve your teams rating first.

but the transfer windows and all round manager experience are brilliant although I am new to this gamer lark. if you have a young family and want to get a footie game that is quite easy to get the hang of, with differing levels of difficulty, and one you can play with all the family go with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast Improvement on previous editions, 8 Feb. 2011
Brawny Withed (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Wii) (Video Game)
After looking at some of the reviews on here previously I was quite concerned if Fifa 10 would be a good buy but I am happy to say that regradless of those opinions this game is a vast improvement on previous editions of the fifa series.

The Manager Mode is much improved and less fiddly to use than previously and you get a lot more feedback from the Board of Directors of the club you are managing.

The gameplay is improved with excellent graphics (especially on an HD television). An improvement is also that free kicks can be taken straight away rather than the usual gap and cut scene.

Their are a few glitches but they don't ruin or spoil the gameplay and if you can buy this cheap it's a good, fun football game.

FIFA 10 (Wii)
FIFA 10 (Wii) by Electronic Arts (Nintendo Wii)