4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Bugged
I have to confess I don't mind online play but it isn't my favourite aspect of FIFA - too many kids who quit when you go two up and leave you hanging. FIFA 10 even has a built in Achievement for those who do it enough times which tells you something.

I like the Manager Mode and FIFA 10 has an improved version of the one I played to death in FIFA 09...
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by Filthy Raider

3.0 out of 5 stars Different in many ways from Fifa 09
Hey there,

I've played Fifa 09 from the day it came out to the day I bought the new Fifa 10. As an experienced Fifa gamer, I believed while EA Sports tried to improve some features of the game, they sort of went the other way.

Published on 7 Oct. 2009 by Mr. G. Persand

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Bugged, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)

First off you create your own Pro and in Manager mode he will follow you from club to club. I actually found the Premiership a bit too easy so started with Bournemouth in League 2. I'm currently on about season 7 or 8 (Bournemouth sacked me after 12 game........) and it is a good tough challenge.

The let downs for me are the commentary. I do like Martin Tyler but smug Andy Gray sets my teeth on edge - let's hope he won't be back. The trouble is sometimes at the end of a drawn match you will be told 'And that's the third match in a row they have lost'. What?

Also isn't this the same 'banter' we heard in FIFA 2009? And most of the 'new' commentary only concerns the weather effects.

The weather consists of sunny, raining and snow, and the annoying thing about the snow levels is the pitch is TOTALLY white - even in the non leagues they clear the pitch and use an orange ball. If your ball selection for the whole game is white you will struggle to see anything in the 'snow'.

Bugs in the Manager Mode are mainly that newly generated players (replacing retiring) sometimes generate without a name. They have a name on their shirt but nothing on the team sheet nor in the commentary.

Another bug is that you can have an Assistant Manager who picks the team, but even if switched off he will switch your players around - sometimes you only notice as you start to play a match, so you have to ALWAYS check the team.

Those niggles aside this is a good footie game with enough options for anyone - I haven't even bothered going into Ultimate Team yet. You find the part of it you like and play.

Worth the money whilst it is round a tenner but remember the bugs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Different in many ways from Fifa 09, 7 Oct. 2009
Mr. G. Persand "Vin" (London) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Hey there,

I love manager mode in Fifa 09; however it's been altered completely. Good points are players have to have interest in your club in order for them to join. Also, if they see you already have a player playing regularly in their position, they'll be reluctant to come. One more good point is that the salary is very restricted, i.e. this time there's separate funds available for wages and separate for transfers, when last time they were all in one.

Now for the things I don't like. They have changed the 'auto-growth' option; now you're not allowed to turn it off! I find it annoying because I like to use my XP Points where I want them. They also have a morale option for the players now: at first I thought that's a good thing but how wrong was I! Most of the time the players are unhappy (for unknown reasons) and their Current Overall drops, e.g, Walcott who's 81 will drop to a possible 74! That's a really big chunk and this affects how they play in matches! When it comes to renewing your own players contracts, for unknown reasons again, no matter how much money/more years/less years/bonuses you give them, they decline it!

I would recommend Fifa 10 to anyone who has been a Pro fan because it very realistic and the graphics are also amazing, plus you don't have to edit the names of players or teams lol. Though for people who already played Fifa, I would say try before buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Same as last year although with subtle differences, 27 Sept. 2009
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Before I start with the review, i just need to clear a couple of things up. I have indeed played the full game and this review is not based on a demo, if you have any questions regarding the full game, i will happily answer them for you. If you still don't believe me, wait until you have the game, then check this review, you will see i am telling the truth.

So whats new? Well, not a great deal really, pretty much the same teams as last year with maybe the exception of the Dutch national side, which see's a welcomed return. The first noticeable difference from 09 is the 360 movement, which is a great addition and definitely changes the way the game runs. Players can now make bending runs into space and when taking on defenders with players such as Ashley Young, you get the sense that he can do it easily, as in real life. The biggest difference from 09 and the demo is without doubt the A.I. of the goalkeepers, make no mistake, gone are the days of easy one on one's, the keepers WILL shut you out 9 times out of 10. Although sometimes they do seem god-like and save shots they have no right to, this is not a bad thing as i am sure you will agree that 09 was far too easy to score.

The big thing EA are plugging this year is the new and improved manager mode, and while there is a plethora of new options, not much has changed. In the few hours that i played the game, not once did i have any media interest in my club, usually you are given options on how to address comments, but thus far, i have seen none. When starting a new game now, you have the choice of what stadiums you play your homes games at and have the option to change all the other teams home ground from the main menu. Although, don't expect to change teams that have their proper ground, (i.e. Man Utd) to say, the Nou Camp, as this isn't possible. Also when starting a new game you can change the diffulculty of the clubs board, obviously the higher the level, the less money, time and patience you recieve, making getting results that much more important. The transfer system has been overhauled making it harder to attract players, you now have to take into account your wage structure and transfer budget. I was playing as Real Madrid and tried to attract Franck Ribery, however his wages were way out of my reach, so i would have to lessen my wage bill before going back in for him. Taking into account that he was not interested in signing for my club anyway, which is shown by an interest bar when bidding for players. So in short, don't expect to sign C.Ronaldo for Barnet because it just won't happen. Also, i have noticed that some of the team rosters are not up to date, for example, Richard Dunne is still at Man City and not at Aston Villa, i only noticed this because i support the former. You can however go into the edit mode and change him there, however, its a bit poor from EA not making sure they have implemented the correct changes.

A new mode called Virtual Pro has also been added, which in a nutshell means, you put yourself in the game and can use him in all offline and some online modes to boost his statistics. Also you can download your game-face from EA Sports World AKA Tiger Woods, to make him look like yourself. You have to option to take him on your squad roster when starting new manager mode games. From here you get a basic player, but the more you use him in games, the more attributes you unlock, making him into one of the best players on the game. Don't expect his to be a quick process as there are well over a 100 attributes to unlock and if you play a bad game then your form drops. Its a great idea and adds more longetivity to the game.

The commentary is still spot on, not a lot different from 09 but seems to be more in depth, tracking your resent results and top scrorers. There are also tutorials now, showing newbies and veterans alike how to play the game correctly. I consider myself to be a veteran, but there were loads of aspects that i personally wasn't aware of, so this is worth checking out, all of which is narrated by Martin Tyler which is a nice touch. There is also new custom free-kicks, where you can put together your own set-pieces in order to break down a stubbon defence, i have not played around with this yet so i am unable to comment.

I have scored the game 4 out of 5, mainly due to the fact that there is not a lot of difference from 09, but if you are a fan of football games then be sure to pick it up. There is enough here to warrent another purchase, however, don't expect this to be completely different game, because its not. Thanks for taking the time to read this review, if there is anything you would like answering or anything i have missed, just ask! Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars fun but some bad side effects, 2 May 2010
A. Wolfe (Faversham, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
i bought this game seeing as my other Fifa game i had was fifa 07 which i thought was very good. when i first played fifa 10 i was surprised how different the graphics were and how much more realistic it was. however after playing several games i realised that there were some problems:

- it is nearly impossible to score a free kick without having to do a special technique which involves pulling down on the left stick. this was very frustrating seeing as i conceded alot of goals because the AI could easily score and i couldn't.

- secondly the refereeing at times can be extremely unfair such as when i pass, the referee seems to deflect it on to the other teams player meaning that the other team can make a move. the decisions can also be very biased.

- the online play can be very annoying since it sometimes freezes randomly.

- i tried for fun to make a new player that was 99 out of 100 in skill level. but the player although being supposedly the best player in my game still had shots worse than Nickalas Bendtners!

i can understand people complaining about this review being unfair but when you have spent alot of money buying the game then u can understand. i don't hate the game i still think its better than MW2 but it maybe needs a few updates to clear up the problems.

overall i think fifa 07 was one of the best fifa games and i still play it today.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as FIFA 09, 21 Oct. 2009
Mr. B. J. Hunt "jedra_" (Saxilby, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
There is no doubt that this game looks quite a bit better than the previous incarnation, but unfortunately it does not play anywhere near as well. I am up for a learning curve of course, but this is an excercise in frustration. My team is a Championship team (albeit recently promoted) and playing as them is a joke. The player stats are so low that players cannot perform any of the star moves - surely a professional player of any level should be able to pull off a feint? This makes it a joke to play. Of course I could play as a Premiership team which all seem to have fabulous stats, but why should I have to do that.

It seems that EA have decided that they must make the top leagues realistic, but have just thrown together the lower leagues to try and make people happy.

I would avoid this if you can - rent it first if you must. I am regretting buying this, and I bought it pre-owned the day after release (which should have told me something as GAME had a shelf full of them pre-owned after 24 hours!!).

1.0 out of 5 stars Greedy Cheats., 21 Aug. 2012
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Ok, I wanted a football game to play on-line co-op with my friend in England (I am now living in Spain). Having read many reviews we both decided on Fifa 10 as we didnt need 'bang up to date',we just wanted to play a good football game together.
However,when we inserted our newly received discs we stunned to find that we could not go online with it as EA had 'retired'
it from online use (WHAT???) yep,retired!! 2010! WE are only half way through 2012!!
So,it was a complete waste of money for both of us and we were both unaware that this was an issue,Ive had a 360 since they were launched and not one of the 45 games I own has ever been retired from live BUT this is something that EA is now doing as you play through their own servers and it forces you to update to the latest titles (30 titles retired and counting).
Quite simply a disgusting practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent football game, 30 April 2010
Fadhli - See all my reviews
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've been a fan of Pro Evo (PES) since I was a teenager. To me, Fifa football games had great graphics but poor gameplay. However, over the years, EA Sports have incorporated Konami's great gameplay into their Fifa games. In Fifa 10, it even has its own great innovation; the 360-degree move amongst others. Now, Fifa 10 not only has beautiful graphics, it has wonderful gameplay as well.

After playing it several times on my friend's console, I just had to buy one for myself and I'm not regretting it. Sure, there are still some aspects of Fifa 10 that I don't quite like such as the less flexible tactics/formation change (you have to save a formation before you can actually use it for example), but overall, I'd recommend it to anyone out there to get this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars The beautiful game?, 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game defines the downfall of online multiplayer. As you all know, EA is a massive game distributor with hundreds of successful titles under its belt, including FIFA, a MASSIVE game that sells millions every year, played by pretty much everyone. As an avid gamer myself, I decided to buy this title so I could join my friends online club. This is a brilliant concept, you and your friends can start your own pro club and take on others together and battle it out to become the best. So many people play it, and it is one of the main reasons why anyone wants to buy the game. So, as it is such a desired service, wouldn't it be advertised as one of the games main features, would EA dedicate their servers to give everyone fair connection and LAG free gameplay, would the FIFA devs spend time developing and refining the experience and create new ideas and unlock even more potential, and would they actually listen to people to find out what problems they encounter and offer regular updates and patches to keep bugs away. Its a no-brainer right? WRONG. This game does exactly the opposite. The online club experience is completely unacceptable and is plagued by hackers, lag and biased decisions. The servers regular go down for 'maintainence' (a.k.a save some money on server costs), it doesn't pair you fairly with clubs at similar levels and skills, there is a constant delay between you and your players, they dont respond to your commands in time and never correctly execute the action (like a simple pass often leads you to loosing the ball), the referee's are always biased and stop the game at 20 second intervals (apparently he finds it fun to give you a red card for slide tackling someone and not even touch them, yet the person you tackle stumbles and carries on), the offside detection dosnt work and often skips the replay when it cannot justify the call, the goalkeepers have minds of their own, they can save balls flying at them at 100mph sometimes, but cannot stop a simple shot from 30 meters and dive the wrong way, the 'defaults' (randomly generated players)are the 'runts' of the group, incapable of simple passing and ball control and often like to run the wrong way, fall over, and give the ball to the opposition, and there are a countless number of hackers with virtual pros at levels over 100 (not possible) with aimbots for free kicks to assist their scoring. This game is now dated, but EA's and Fifa's lack of care (despite their constant publicity of 'we always read the forums, we work really hard') that Fifa 12 will be no different. I've played this for a long time so this review is not biased, it is the honest truth and not just an angry rant. I have 10mb fibre optic broadband boasting an extremely fast 'ping' (around the 20-30's range for people who know what ping is), EA just has terrible servers and are too stupid to upgrade them.

Avoid this game, like the plague.

5.0 out of 5 stars What i look forward to getting home to, 7 April 2010
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Now, i am a fifa man, always have been and more then likely, unless something goes drastically astray with my thumbs, always will be. It took me some time to make the transition from 09 to 10, as i loved 09 and had dedicated alot of man hours to the game, figured out the kinks and could generally make friends cry when i played them.

But as the great bobby D once said, 'the times, they are a-changin''

to be honest, 10 gets a mixed review which, as aforemention, coming from a guy who would quite happily have fifa 09 tattoed over his heart, as his first child name, is surprising.

depending on who you speak to, the games new indepth detail and control system is either a blessing or a curse, with some prefering the old 'bang as many goals as possible in and worrying about them looking good later' and the fifa 10 addicts who still want to win, but want to do it with a bit of class and style, which fifa 10 is more the able in allowing you to do so.

the variation alone on shot techniques, crossing abilities and, for those not so hardcore, even the array of post goal, 100% unique celebrations at your finger tips, makes every game a hard fought and hard won one, which, in all honesty, wasnt the the same with fifa 09 (in which, depending on which of you was the least intoxicated, often resulted in either you or a friend getting trounced 8 - 0)

Honestly, i am a fan, and while your not going to come straight out of playing 09 and be a complete expert at fifa 10, with a little more time you can be playing some absolutely amazing matches with fine graphics. all you would need to do is adjust your playing style ever so slightly. Top Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Not complete, but still very good, 5 April 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Im not going to be one of those supid, ridiculous people making claims of this being one of the greatest games ever, or rating it 1 star, beacuse, well it's not. But I still really enjoy this game and it is a really good social game. To be honest they haven't stepped up the games since 09, but to be honest you can't really, the graphics have slightly improved, and obviousley it has updated itself and has really good gameplay, all be it not the best but still very good. But the one thing that stands out for me over PES is that it is much more realistic. The gameplay is not perfect but much more realistic than PES, the scorelines are a lot lower and the gameplay is much slower, not slow, just realistically slower, because the in the PES demo, it is 2 minutes a half and I am ending up with scorelines like 6-0 and on FIFA I play 6 minutes a half and the max I have ever got is 7-0, but it is usally in the region of 3-0 or 3-1, that is playing on proffessional and world class though, amutuar and semi-pro are just silly in the amount of easiness it is. The one thing I really enjoy though is the social side of the game. Yes I agree the xbox isn't that social but FIFA I think is a really social game, playing online with your mates is really fun and not serious and you basically just have a laugh. I think FIFA is a very good game, but as it says in the title, it is not complete but I definately recomend it to sport lovers, but I must warn you, when playing online against someone online you don't know who is really good and tharsing you 4 or 5-0 it can get quite fustrating!

FIFA 10 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 10 (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)