4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, odd shape
Published on 11 Mar 2010 by M. Park

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin
A good all round bra. I have used this for running (before it was stated not suitable for running). It held everything in place very well, hardly any movement (I have small chest size). I have three of these bras, and they have lasted me for years. I also wear then during the day as well and not just for sport.

Very important to get exactly the right size, for...
Published on 15 May 2010 by Anna

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, 15 May 2010

Very important to get exactly the right size, for maximum benefit.

Now need to get some new bras for running, as mine are worn out, so I am moving onto the 'Run' design.

Bra gives slightly unusual 'rugby ball effect.' It looks like you have two rugby balls stuffed up your t-shirt. Also you can see nipples, if worn under very tight t-shirts or jumpers.

Not the most attractive bra for someone else to see you in, especially the white version, it looks like a granny bra!! But the black is OK.

What I don't like about this bra, is that it separates the breasts. I have only small breasts, so I notice that the bra moves the nipples away (to the left and right respectively) from where my nipples started to grow and where they would be if my breasts could support themselves totally naturally.

As we age breasts fall down the chest wall and to the left and right respectively. Bras need to not just hold the breasts up but together as well!!

Like wise, when we run, the breast moves from left to right (and stretches in this direction too) as well as up and down.

I don't notice any side-ward movement of the breast in this bra when I run, but the bra does not hold the breasts close together enough for my liking. Also I feel that as a consequence it causes slightly too much breast tissue to be felt under arms.

Having tried the 'run bra' (get the tightest you can fit if in doubt, as supposed to be tight fitting), I much prefer that. The run bra securely holds breasts up and together, as a racer back, the back takes the weight of the breasts, not the shoulders. Also it looks fashionable (sexy) as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, odd shape, 11 Mar 2010
M. Park - See all my reviews
This bra provides the kind of good support that you'd expect from Shock Absorber. The padded straps provide added comfort, and the wide underband sits nicely against the ribcage for support. Although the description states that it's not suitable for running, I've worn this bra a couple of times when out running, and it felt fine (I wear a C cup). The only issue I have with this bra is that the cups give me quite a strange silhouette - from the side, my chest looks slightly 'pointy'. Some women might like this shape - my older Shock Absorber bras have tended to minimize the chest, giving more of a flattened shape, which is not attractive either but is at least inconspicuous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Jan 2012
Amazing fit, and it's always a gamble buying something like a bra online, but it's really comfortable and nothing moves!

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 29 Jan 2011
This is much more comfortable than an equivalent Shock Absorber I bought a few years ago - the padding around the straps really makes a difference. Holds my ample bosom in check when on the treadmill which is basically what it's for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bra for the gym, 30 Aug 2010
Erin (Cork, IRE) - See all my reviews
I bought this (in black) for the gym and, on my first chance of wearing it, it performed perfectly.
It's not as unattractive as some sports bras can be and was easy to put on. I choose the classic bra because I wanted a bra that didn't have the hassles I've seen other people get into pulling them over their heads. Sometimes they look like they're contortionists when they struggle to get into or out of their bras. And this one was really simple to get on and off.
I tend to do a bit of everything - some stretching, some jogging on the treadmill, some spinning, weights and rowing etc. I am a 38C and this bra holds everything in place while also making sure your breasts don't become unsightly solid mono-bumps.
There was hardly any movement and the bra itself never felt too tight.
And, although it says this bra is for support level 3 and thus not meant to be for running, it was fine for short bursts on the treadmill. If you're doing a lot more running, I'd advise getting a bra with more support.

1.0 out of 5 stars Circulation stopper, 25 May 2010
The new softer, wider underband for improved comfort of the shock absorber classic is soo wide. It stops your circulation as it rolls up. Much preferred the old classic bra with comfortable underband.

2.0 out of 5 stars Roll up underband, 19 Sep 2011
This bra does give support and the padded shoulder straps are comfortable. However, the underband rolls up and is extremely uncomfortable. Not as good as other Shock Absorber designs. I wouldn't buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item, 4 Jan 2011
This item was purchased for my sister as a Christmas present because she is very athletic and needs the support when running or going to the gym. She has recently contacted me and told me she will be buying more because she is extremely please with its performance.

All in all a very good choice!

4.0 out of 5 stars sportie bra, 1 Nov 2010
recommended a sports bra by my pharmacy. so tried it.
amazon were the only company I found that did this bra in
my size (42C).
pharmacy was correct bra stopped under bust sweat plus
fitted well and held bust in place rather than the usual shaking.
all in all an excellent buy so much so I bought a secondShock Absorber Max Sports Bra Top White one

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packaging, 20 Feb 2010
Trickle Tree (The universe) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this bra for jogging and am very please with it. Fits very well, looks pretty for a sports bra, everything stays in place so i can enjoy my run and not worry about the giggling.

Shock Absorber Classic Sports Bra - Black 36C