4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, odd shape
Published on 11 Mar. 2010 by M. Park

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin
A good all round bra. I have used this for running (before it was stated not suitable for running). It held everything in place very well, hardly any movement (I have small chest size). I have three of these bras, and they have lasted me for years. I also wear then during the day as well and not just for sport.

Very important to get exactly the right size, for...
Published on 15 May 2010 by Anna

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the tin, 15 May 2010

Very important to get exactly the right size, for maximum benefit.

Now need to get some new bras for running, as mine are worn out, so I am moving onto the 'Run' design.

Bra gives slightly unusual 'rugby ball effect.' It looks like you have two rugby balls stuffed up your t-shirt. Also you can see nipples, if worn under very tight t-shirts or jumpers.

Not the most attractive bra for someone else to see you in, especially the white version, it looks like a granny bra!! But the black is OK.

What I don't like about this bra, is that it separates the breasts. I have only small breasts, so I notice that the bra moves the nipples away (to the left and right respectively) from where my nipples started to grow and where they would be if my breasts could support themselves totally naturally.

As we age breasts fall down the chest wall and to the left and right respectively. Bras need to not just hold the breasts up but together as well!!

Like wise, when we run, the breast moves from left to right (and stretches in this direction too) as well as up and down.

I don't notice any side-ward movement of the breast in this bra when I run, but the bra does not hold the breasts close together enough for my liking. Also I feel that as a consequence it causes slightly too much breast tissue to be felt under arms.

Having tried the 'run bra' (get the tightest you can fit if in doubt, as supposed to be tight fitting), I much prefer that. The run bra securely holds breasts up and together, as a racer back, the back takes the weight of the breasts, not the shoulders. Also it looks fashionable (sexy) as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support, odd shape, 11 Mar. 2010
M. Park - See all my reviews
This bra provides the kind of good support that you'd expect from Shock Absorber. The padded straps provide added comfort, and the wide underband sits nicely against the ribcage for support. Although the description states that it's not suitable for running, I've worn this bra a couple of times when out running, and it felt fine (I wear a C cup). The only issue I have with this bra is that the cups give me quite a strange silhouette - from the side, my chest looks slightly 'pointy'. Some women might like this shape - my older Shock Absorber bras have tended to minimize the chest, giving more of a flattened shape, which is not attractive either but is at least inconspicuous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Jan. 2012
Amazing fit, and it's always a gamble buying something like a bra online, but it's really comfortable and nothing moves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bra for the gym, 30 Aug. 2010
Erin (Cork, IRE) - See all my reviews
I bought this (in black) for the gym and, on my first chance of wearing it, it performed perfectly.
It's not as unattractive as some sports bras can be and was easy to put on. I choose the classic bra because I wanted a bra that didn't have the hassles I've seen other people get into pulling them over their heads. Sometimes they look like they're contortionists when they struggle to get into or out of their bras. And this one was really simple to get on and off.
I tend to do a bit of everything - some stretching, some jogging on the treadmill, some spinning, weights and rowing etc. I am a 38C and this bra holds everything in place while also making sure your breasts don't become unsightly solid mono-bumps.
There was hardly any movement and the bra itself never felt too tight.
And, although it says this bra is for support level 3 and thus not meant to be for running, it was fine for short bursts on the treadmill. If you're doing a lot more running, I'd advise getting a bra with more support.

2.0 out of 5 stars Roll up underband, 19 Sept. 2011
This bra does give support and the padded shoulder straps are comfortable. However, the underband rolls up and is extremely uncomfortable. Not as good as other Shock Absorber designs. I wouldn't buy another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Circulation stopper, 25 May 2010
The new softer, wider underband for improved comfort of the shock absorber classic is soo wide. It stops your circulation as it rolls up. Much preferred the old classic bra with comfortable underband.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy on-line unless you're sure!, 16 Nov. 2010
I bought a Shock Absorber Classic white Sports Bra in my "usual" size, realising it is probably NOT a good idea to buy bras on-line. My purchase confirmed this. I have been buying Tesco's cheap sports bras for many years and been very satisfied. I decided to go up market and have regretted my purchase ever since.
The bra is not very comfortable under the bust (won't stay flat)too tight and very difficult to fasten. I'm in my 60's with arthritis.
In future I will to stick to what I know or try on before purchasing.
Sadly, paying more doesn't mean a better product.
RP

3.0 out of 5 stars Shock Absorber- what happened??, 22 Sept. 2014
I bought a couple of these early in the year and they fitted well, so I ordered a couple more. Although generally they were the same, they seemed to have skimped on quality slightly- a cheap flimsy itchy size label, no 'shock absorber' embroidery on the chest band and the logo peeled off after one wash. The biggest problem I had is the same problem many have complained about- the chest band was way too tight for a 34. I have never owned a 34c bra before where it was this tight. I'm on the maximum clasp and still it's a horrible fit. When exercising, you need your chest to expand to breathe in more oxygen, this has little 'give' and with such a tight fitting, what's a girl to do? Pass out due to hypoxia?? I've been buying Shock Ab bras for years and so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to buy now. Such a shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong size, 18 Jan. 2013
Perhaps all of my other bras are vanity-sized, but I ordered my ordinary size (30F), and when I tried it on it was far too small, around the waist and on the bust. I am literally spilling over the top and out to the sides and can hardly breathe. Unfortunately, I can't return it because I'd already removed the tag, thinking that such a high-rated product would surely be the right size? Very angry with myself and not happy with the bra at all. Hopefully when I shift some weight it will be less of a squeeze, but there's no way in heck it's ever going to actually fit... Just to show you how unbelievable the sizing is: around my other 30F bras, the band (holding it up and measuring it straight down) is 64cm, and on this bra it is 56. I know that sports bras are meant to be tight to support you, but this is ridiculous. My other bras are also more stretchy than this one. Oh, and as for the cup, if I measure from the deepest point out to the edge of the cup closest to the cleavage, the distance is 8cm on this bra, in contrast to my other bras where the depth is between 12 and 13cm. Even if I get used to it being so uncomfortable, I can't wear it in public because a good deal of breast hangs over the top :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packaging, 20 Feb. 2010
Trickle Tree (The universe) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this bra for jogging and am very please with it. Fits very well, looks pretty for a sports bra, everything stays in place so i can enjoy my run and not worry about the giggling.

Shock Absorber Classic Sports Bra - Black 36C