5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very impressed
The more grey my hair got the coarser it felt. At my daughter's one day she dried my hair with a similar dryer and I was so surprised how silky my hair then felt. I bought one for myself and have nothing but praise for it, my hair looks and feels better than it has done in years.
Published on 7 April 2010 by Alison Paget

3.0 out of 5 stars ***READ THIS*** - CAME WITH WRONG FUSE IN PLUG
Attempted to use my new hairdryer for the first time this morning without success. After a bit of investigation found that the fuse in the plug was 3amp and had fused straight away (the instruction leaflet states it's fitted with a 13amp).

Published on 4 Dec 2010 by AP12345

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very impressed, 7 April 2010
Alison Paget (Kettering, Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful dryer, 30 Sep 2009
kehs (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A brilliant hairdryer that is great value for money. The cord is longer than average for a home style hairdryer, which is a good bonus point for me. My hair really was smoother and less frizzy after using this hairdryer and I was pleased with the 2100 watt power. I'm not sure whether the green light was necessary but it's a pretty gimick, nonetheless. Easy to use and fast drying power. I loved this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for styling, 4 Oct 2009
Constant Reader (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a handsome looking dryer, with a 20cm black and chrome coloured tapering barrel (all measurements approximate). The 12cm handle is black with a soft grip around the controls. There is a chrome coloured trim at the back which can easily be removed in order to clean the filter. This dryer is quiet by comparison with other models I've used.

With 3 choices of heat, 3 choices of fan intensity, turbo setting or cool switch I was able to quickly find a setting that suited me. I liked the fact that you can switch on the cool setting - because my hair is curly and tends to frizz I kept it on this setting, used the diffuser and was very pleased with the smooth and well defined results. The diffuser and nozzle are solid and easy to attach and detach.

This is not as fast or powerful a dryer as some on the market if you want a basic sports model to blast and go. However, to style hair, this is a relatively low cost model, with an impressive 3 year warranty and it works.

Other features:
Hanging loop 3cm deep x 1cm wide (has a small amount of movement, so could be bent slightly onto a hook)
Diffuser 10cm deep, 12cm wide, 15 spokes of 3cm depth
Nozzle aperture 9cm x 1cm aperture, 6cm deep
Lead 240cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hairdryer for the price, 19 Nov 2009
Mr. Graham Cummings (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The hairdryer is sleek and stylish, has three heat settings, a cool setting, two speed settings, and also a Turbo button, which being a bloke I thought was quite gadget-freaky for a hair dryer. The hairdryer dries your hair quickly, and it comes with a range of different interchangeable heads. The cord is also very ample, and my only negative comment is that I find the buttons difficult to use. For some reason, Remington have decided to make the buttons on the dryer operate horizontally, instead of (usually) vertically, and I find the buttons difficult to use with my fat fingers. But other than that, it's a great and powerful hairdryer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product,Visible results!, 9 Nov 2010
MJ (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
The Remington arrived quickly via Amazon's usual fast delivery. Nice hairdryer and just the right weight. Great 2.5 metre cord and hairdryer nicely styled with the controls in the right place. In use the unit is powerful with its 3 heat and 2 speed settings. The cool shot function works well too. Having reasonably long hair..drying is usually a chore but not with the Remington...2100 watts of drying power soon dry my hair and i can honestly say that being a bit sceptical regarding the "Ionic" properties of the dryer and others like it.....It actually works. My hair is softer and much shinier, more manageable. All this and a 3 year warranty too. Great value. This dryer will work differently for each individual person but i can honestly say...I am happy with my purchase and it has delivered all that it promised in the advertised specification. My hair is feeling so much better with visible results from using the Remington D5020. Recommended!!

3.0 out of 5 stars ***READ THIS*** - CAME WITH WRONG FUSE IN PLUG, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer (Personal Care)

Now that I've changed it for a spare 13amp fuse it's working well - not too heavy or loud with plenty of power. I did get the impression from other reviews that it had a good length cord, I'd have to disagree, it's only about 2m - being tall and not having a plug socket next to my mirror I'm going to struggle a bit...

Overall a really good hairdryer which I would have given more stars to if it hadn't had such a stupid fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I have only used this once and who would have thought a hairdryer could make so much difference. I cannot say that I understand the Pro Ionic business but I do see the difference it made to my hair. It dried quickly and looked much shinier. I am amazed. Not expensive either, and quite honestly why pay more than you need to. This is a great hairdryer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and easy to use, 13 Oct 2009
G. Horsham (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Remington D5020 U51 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer is a lightweight and versatile hairdryer that has completely replaced our very old hair drier. It comes with a directional attachment for styling and a diffuser for adding more body, both of which easily clip on/off when required.

Unless you posses an ion counter, you will need to take it as read that these ions are emitted and help produce "super smooth, frizz free results" - there is a little LED that supposedly shows these are being created, if that means anything.

Only one minor grumble in that the rocker switch is quite easy to knock whilst in use - but that is being really picky. Overall, an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was originally titled 'You've got to be joking', 30 Sep 2013
Warren Thwaites (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
I originally said..................'What is wrong with these modern hairdryers? It is hardly blowing at all and barely enough to dry watercolours even, which is what I bought it for. An old one I once bought back in the 1960's would blow the pad off the easel, while this one has difficulty even ruffling the pads pages. A complete load of rubbish.'

It turned out to simply be a switch that was jammed with something that prevented it from working. After a friend of mine who had previously used this model became curious, they quickly released the button after pressing it a few times and I am delighted to say it now works wonderfully. My apologies to the manufacturers for my previous doubts.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer (Personal Care)
After searching for a hairdryer that suited all my needs, along came the Remington D5020. The cord is extra long, such a bonus and the features of the dryer are 'just as it says on the tin'. Easy to use and the controls are in just the right place. This hairdryer is definately worth a 5. Would definately recomend.

Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer