on 21 February 2014
I did write a great product review when I first got the camera. If you bought it off the back of that then I'm sorry. You have probably discovered what I have since discovered. As time has gone on then things have taken a turn for the worse.

It is simple to install. It works great right out of the box and has some really useful features. Keep it like that and then it's a beaut. Keep it dry and it's a 5 star product.

It has one useless feature though. It lets in water. That water then condensates on the inside of the lens and renders the item useless. If you do buy it then waterproof it first with a good mastic and then waterproof it again once you have it in place. Fail to do that then it's just going to suck up the rain and present you with a glowing hazy blur when reversing.

Things you wished you knew before you bought it .. sigh ..
on 13 February 2013
A great little product, the camera is very good.

Only slight problem is changing the angle of the camera once you fit it behind your number plate.

Delivery arrived within the stated date.
on 3 July 2013
I cannot give this product enough praise!! It's excellent!! My Wife is no longer frightened of those tight parking places and her reversing has improved so much with the help of this camera.
on 11 December 2012
Easy to install because it's wireless so you only need to make connections to the reversing lights circuit.
Makes reversing high tailed vehicles much safer and makes it quick and easy to couple up trailers.
on 21 May 2014
This system is easy to install but the picture quality is not brilliant. It is handy when stuck in a tight spot, but takes some getting used to due to the wide angled lens. This lens type means that the distance of objects looks far greater than it is in reality. Camera did not last through a mild winter -killed by condensation I think -so not weather-proof!
on 30 April 2013
I bought a cheaper wireless system from ebay first and it was rubbish. I then decided to get the yada system. I install CCTV systems as part of my job so know a bit about cameras and for the money this is good value.

The number plate camera is dead easy to install as it just sticks on to the rear of your number plate with the camera over the top part. It comes with a decent length of cable so you can then just run to your reversing light and simply wire it in. It then connects to a small transmitter which you can pretty much mount anywhere that it isn't going to get wet.

The monitor has built in wireless so you just need to plug it into a std. 12v lighter/accessory socket or you can also use the supplied cable to wire straight into 12v. I don't get any interference with my phone connected to my Bluetooth car kit. You get the odd bit of interference in built up areas but that is it really.

For ease of installation I would recommend this unit. If you are hard wiring then there are plenty of other options about. This kit only took me about 45min to install and that was soldering the connections rather than using scotch locks.
on 30 August 2014
Quite easy to fit, good instructions, clear picture and good viewing angle. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second (interference?) but always comes back. Supplying a separate switch and connection to the reverse sensor would be great as you could briefly switch it on to check behind (see if there's a tailgater in the blind spot) without having to go into reverse. Also, a self adhesive plate to fix the suction mount to a textured surface would be a useful addition. Great for a motorhome.
on 25 November 2014
This is an excellent purchase. It arrived promptly and was easy to attach to my car, the only down side was the description which said that the monitor could be mounted on the sun visor but no fixture's were supplied only the one for the windscreen. Still I suppose I will have to get some 'large elastic bands' to enable this.
on 30 June 2013
This reversing camera can be used as a constant "see back mirror" when towing a vehicle which obstructs the rear mirror point of view.It can also just be used solely as a reversing camera.
The product is solidly made and neatly designed and is relatively easily wired together.
If the electronics last out this is value for money.
on 10 December 2014
DO NOT BUY. I bought this item, and just after 2 months the camera packed in, because it was after Amazons 30 day guarantee I had to go back to the manufacturer/seller who asked me lots of questions, which I answered. From that point on the person who I was dealing with Chris Rulten told lie after lie, and excuse after excuse. I have never had any response from my last 2 emails, and don't know what to do now, I am stuck with an expensive camera that is only a few months old, and doesn't work.
I hope this helps other people from wasting there money.