on 8 August 2002
it's a huge thing to attach to an album, but it's definatly up there. This is The Aquabats second album, and what their first album "Return Of The Aquabats" started, this picks up from and really showcases the bands talents.
from amazingly tight horn work "Super Rad!", to pure energy "Idiot Box!" to plain funny crazyness "Captain Hampton And The Midget Pirates!" this album comes out kicking and never stops. This would prove to be the Aquabats last album of their pure ska sound, as in subsequent albums, they rely less on horns. i would recommend this to not only ska fans, but anyone who has a sense of humour and taste. truely badical stuff! personal higlights for me "Super Rad!" "Playdough" and "My Skateboard".
on 14 September 2000
This album should be in everyones collection, its been descibed as "post-apocalypso-spudrock" and is a style all of its own! Whether its the fact that the band members are so insane or the fact that there are about 9 of them I dont know! Some of the songs on this album from "Cat with with 2 heads" and the secret track "Playdo" should be played on the radio 2 combat road rage! At the end of the day if you want something different you want The Aquabats.
on 8 November 2005
I agree with what everyone else has written so far, but I think it needs to be made clear that "The Cat With Two Heads" is the best song ever written by anybody.
It'd be worth buying this album even if it only had that single track! :-)
on 15 October 2003
I have no idea why I brought this alnum, but I am so glad that I did. It is funny, sounds good, and lasts the length of my car journey to work. BUY IT you will not regrett it.
on 4 July 2005
I had heard of the aquabats from my friends and he spoke very highly of them. i then downloaded a song called "ska robot army" (which is on "The Aquabats") i then bought this cd and im suer glad i did. This album has to be the work of the most random people ever! Songs like "super rad", "magic chicken" and "martian girl" are very ctachy and others like "captain hampton and the midget pirates" and "the cat with two heads" are of the walls! they are a bunch of crazy guys! if you like ska punk or want something random and fresh the aquabats are a super rad choice!
on 22 February 2001
A ray of light in a shitty world,this is a must have album for anyone who wants to smile once in a while.Oh, and a bit of trivia for you:the drummer on this album is none other than Travis Barker-Blink 182s new drummer.You learn something everyday.....