5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.
This was just what I needed to make life a lttle bit easier... No more tying bags onto saucepans. Hasn't gone rusty, washed and left it to dry, and have used it a lot.
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by mitza123

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended
I bought this to strain rose hip pulp, and found it wasn't really up to the job. It's a very flimsy piece of equipment and unstable in use. Perhaps it would be ok for very tiny quantities, but I don't think I'll be using mine again.
Published on 22 Oct 2012 by UltimaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 18 Oct 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Jam srtaining set, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
Just what I needed as I wanted to make Bramble Jelly this year because my grandchildren will not eat jam with bits in it. It was ideal, I now have 7 pots of bramble jelly ready for Christmas presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in heaven!, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
I wish I had bought this years ago! I am a silver surfer and am buying on line now, its so easy. I am of the generation that makes do and mend. Not anymore. My husband is so pleased that I have bought this! He was fed up with rigging up muslin, string and using the tables or cupboard. (I drew the line at upturned stools or chairs) Upturned chairs, were reserved for unwinding skeins of new wool or in reverse, ripped back wool into skeins, before washing) I can use this straining set for wine making too! My husband says he will still help with the tasting side of things!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 22 Oct 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars debs, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
Very flimsy legs that don't sit at correct angle. Not designed well. Will not stay safely over a bowl. Not recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for straining but metal stains bag, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
The title says it all really. A good sturdy piece of kit the stores very easily and strains well. However the metal ring reacted with steam and stained the jelly bag a rust colour. Not a major problem but I wasn't expecting it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jam strainer, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
First time I have used a proper strainer but it did make the job easier. It did need 2 people to use it because it was not very stable.

4.0 out of 5 stars v good, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
this was exactly what I was looking for and I have made some great xmas presents with it. the only thing you have to watch is that is does not tip over, you have to make sure it is loged against something tall to make sure. but a small price to pay for a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
We are really getting into home preserving, as we always seem to get a glut of fruit each year. Everyone gets excited when the first rhubarb appears, or when there's a strawberry the birds haven't got to first, but come the end its "aww, not rhubarb crumble AGAIN!"

Well, to save wasting these delicious homegrown crops, and to stop other family members complaining, Jam, Jellys and Cordials have become more and more popular, and thats where this bag comes in. It is easy to take apart and store, but likewise, easy to assemble in seconds when needed. The bag washes out easily and hasn't yet discoloured, and the stand isn't rusting and is quite up to the job. Sure, its a little wobbly, but so is the jelly, and nobody complains about that! It fits over a jug or bowl just fine, and strains well, normally giving a nice stream of goodness, not an all round splashdown which entirely misses your jug!

All in all, especially for the price, this does its job perfectly. Lets face it, home preserving is about saving money, so why spend more when this will do the job just fine!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tala Jam Straining Set (Kitchen & Home)
Really great item but can't put too much stuff through it at one time as it makes it top heavy

Tala Jam Straining Set